ADVERTISEMENT

LOL 2 GOP and 14 Dems in the Senate actually walked the walk.

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
GOP batted .037
Dems batted .311

While senators agreed to add the Lee-Leahy bill, they also rejected two other amendments: one from Sen. [URL='https://thehill.com/people/rand-paul']Rand Paul (R-Ky.) preventing FISA warrants from being used against Americans and one from Sens. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) preventing law enforcement from obtaining internet browsing and search history without a warrant.... [/URL]

Fourteen Democrats voted against the bill: Sens. [URL='https://thehill.com/people/tammy-baldwin']Tammy Baldwin (Wis.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Maria Cantwell (Wash.), Dick Durbin (Ill.), Martin Heinrich (N.M.), Mazie Hirono (Hawaii), Ed Markey (Mass.), Jeff Merkley (Ore.), Patty Murray (Wash.), Brian Schatz (Hawaii), Jon Tester (Mont), Tom Udall (N.M.), Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) and Ron Wyden (Ore.). On the GOP side, Paul and Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, voted against the bill.[/URL]

Reactions: Pokeabear
Backed you right down. Shit talking is cheap. Talk talk talk.
You didn’t back down jack shit. What talk? You’re a flaming hypocrite lolololololol. I’m not gonna defend pubs on some “batting %” gibberish you came up with. Fack the pubs.

You didn’t back down jack shit. What talk? You’re a flaming hypocrite lolololololol. I’m not gonna defend pubs on some “batting %” gibberish you came up with. Fack the pubs.

Either you're too thick to read the wager or you're being obtuse. The wager has to do with what makes it out of the house.

Never mind the Democrat controlled House of Representatives passed the same bill earlier this year. Dumbass liberal.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2020/h98

What gets out of the house, HR 6172 that he cited? Jokes on you, link says it passed.

And lol at accusations of “thick or obtuse”.

Not the "same" bill. Senate amended/voted on other amendments, and has sent it back to the house.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr6172

Not the "same" bill. Senate amended/voted on other amendments, and has sent it back to the house.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr6172
The House version that passed did nothing to address the internet browser thing Syskatine brought up. Both parties are the usual piles of shit for the reality that almost 20 years after it first passed, it is still being considered for renewal. All of the abuses that have been brought to light since it passed and we're still getting a collective shrug and the usual finger pointing from Congress? I'm out.

If Trump doesn't veto whatever Patriot Act turd Congress puts on his desk, I will not vote for him in November.

I am not happy with Mitch McConnell or the Republicans in the Senate that passed this horseshit of a bill but Democrats have gone so far of the stage to the left I have no choice but to vote against Democrats. Some may say vote third party or not vote at all, but neither of those options keep Democrats out of office.

Got it.

How bout the general point that both parties are responsible for perpetuating this nonsense. Fair?

Or that about .037 GOP and .311 Dems in the Senate. Dems about x 10 more likely to do something about it. And then less than 1 out of 3.

That said, your hubris, shit talking, and generally uninformed position in this thread is duly noted, you never even understood the offer. Probably still don't.

Now that's funny. The Democrat controlled House passed the bill that keeps everything in place. Trying to paint Democrats as innocent on this is a nice try but in reality it's just another lie.

Think the "free look" at someone's internet history makes it out of the house?

Or that about .037 GOP and .311 Dems in the Senate. Dems about x 10 more likely to do something about it. And then less than 1 out of 3.

That said, your hubris, shit talking, and generally uninformed position in this thread is duly noted, you never even understood the offer. Probably still don't.
Bahahahaha hahahahaha

I got yore batting average for faux outrage right here:
tumblr_n4azhvFlQS1ro5xweo1_400.gif

5HO.gif

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Idiot. The House version that was passed by the Democrat controlled House included that ability. The Senate tried to pass an amendment to limit that ability.

Key Sentence of the article:
One change that was not made was an amendment that would have prevented internet search info from being fair game for government perusal.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/senate-reauthorizes-usa-freedom-act

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Shitting your bed all day long. Will this be an entire weekend of shyster bed shitting and failure?

The internet amendment... where was the Bern?

"The measure needed 60 votes to pass. It got 59.
The outcome is especially frustrating since four senators didn’t vote on the amendment at all, and at least one would have voted yes. Lamar Alexander couldn’t vote because he’s quarantined. Two others — Ben Sasse and Bernie Sanders — didn’t respond to request for comment on where they were during the vote. An aide told Politico that Patty Murray would have voted yes had she been there, but the senator was not in Washington, DC, when the vote occurred. In the end, the result didn’t come down to party — there were plenty of Republican and Democratic votes on both sides — but attendance."

Ahhhhh, but that Democratic controlled House though...

"Fortunately for them, the USA Freedom Act came up for renewal this year. The House passed a reauthorization bill in March, but the Senate wasn’t able to take it up until now (the pandemic didn’t help matters). During the intervening period, the USA Freedom Act expired, which makes its renewal a pressing issue. The House’s bill included some reforms, like forbidding the warrantless collection of Americans’ phone records and cell tower or GPS location data. But privacy-minded members of Congress criticized it for not going far enough, and 136 of them, including 75 Democrats, voted against its passage.

The bill that passed the House in March went to the Senate this week. Wyden’s amendment to the bill, which was cosponsored by Republican Sen. Steve Daines, would have expressly forbidden collecting “internet website browsing” and “internet search history” through a FISA application. (The reauthorization bill passed on Thursday.)

Both Wyden and Daines made speeches on the floor in support for their amendment, each presenting it in a way that would be particularly appealing to their party’s interests. While Daines said it would help prevent a politically motivated FBI from abusing FISA courts to secretly investigate President Trump’s campaign and advisors, Wyden said it would prevent abuse of FISA courts to secretly investigate Trump’s perceived enemies by Attorney General Bill Barr’s politically motivated Department of Justice. Both said the amendment would further protect Americans’ privacy."

Shitting your bed all day long. Will this be an entire weekend of shyster bed shitting and failure?

The internet amendment... where was the Bern?

"The measure needed 60 votes to pass. It got 59.
The outcome is especially frustrating since four senators didn’t vote on the amendment at all, and at least one would have voted yes. Lamar Alexander couldn’t vote because he’s quarantined. Two others — Ben Sasse and Bernie Sanders — didn’t respond to request for comment on where they were during the vote. An aide told Politico that Patty Murray would have voted yes had she been there, but the senator was not in Washington, DC, when the vote occurred. In the end, the result didn’t come down to party — there were plenty of Republican and Democratic votes on both sides — but attendance."

Ahhhhh, but that Democratic controlled House though...

"Fortunately for them, the USA Freedom Act came up for renewal this year. The House passed a reauthorization bill in March, but the Senate wasn’t able to take it up until now (the pandemic didn’t help matters). During the intervening period, the USA Freedom Act expired, which makes its renewal a pressing issue. The House’s bill included some reforms, like forbidding the warrantless collection of Americans’ phone records and cell tower or GPS location data. But privacy-minded members of Congress criticized it for not going far enough, and 136 of them, including 75 Democrats, voted against its passage.

The bill that passed the House in March went to the Senate this week. Wyden’s amendment to the bill, which was cosponsored by Republican Sen. Steve Daines, would have expressly forbidden collecting “internet website browsing” and “internet search history” through a FISA application. (The reauthorization bill passed on Thursday.)

Both Wyden and Daines made speeches on the floor in support for their amendment, each presenting it in a way that would be particularly appealing to their party’s interests. While Daines said it would help prevent a politically motivated FBI from abusing FISA courts to secretly investigate President Trump’s campaign and advisors, Wyden said it would prevent abuse of FISA courts to secretly investigate Trump’s perceived enemies by Attorney General Bill Barr’s politically motivated Department of Justice. Both said the amendment would further protect Americans’ privacy."
But, buh, but the baaaaaaaaatting aaaaaaaaaaaveraaaaaaaaage.

Lol what a joke

I laughed out loud! Imagine it with sheep sounds...

Baaaaaaa baaaaa baaaaaatting aaaa aaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaverage
Who thinks like that? On a Friday afternoon “Oh man, I type up this faux outrage gibberish about batting averages and I totally got’em.”

It’s comical

Now that's funny. The Democrat controlled House passed the bill that keeps everything in place. Trying to paint Democrats as innocent on this is a nice try but in reality it's just another lie.

I didn’t try to paint anybody as anything.

I merely made an absolutely true and correct factual statement without spin or further comment.

Last edited:
The House version that passed did nothing to address the internet browser thing Syskatine brought up. Both parties are the usual piles of shit for the reality that almost 20 years after it first passed, it is still being considered for renewal. All of the abuses that have been brought to light since it passed and we're still getting a collective shrug and the usual finger pointing from Congress? I'm out.

If Trump doesn't veto whatever Patriot Act turd Congress puts on his desk, I will not vote for him in November.

Atta boy. This really should be a put up or shut up moment for Trump with all liberty lovers.

Yeah, Sys trying to make this a R v D thing is silly. They are both not only complicit, but drivers of the continued surveillance state.

I think it is gonna pass the House with the single Senate Lee-Leahy Amendment and I think Trump is gonna sign it. And that pisses me off.

Reactions: iasooner1
Atta boy. This really should be a put up or shut up moment for Trump with all liberty lovers.

Yeah, Sys trying to make this a R v D thing is silly. They are both not only complicit, but drivers of the continued surveillance state.

I think it is gonna pass the House with the single Senate Lee-Leahy Amendment and I think Trump is gonna sign it. And that pisses me off.
Atta boy?

Giving you props (Atta boy....colloquial “that’s a boy”) for taking that stand re: Trump.
Oh, ya, gotcha. Not sure what I saw in your post. I blame it on my margarita. It's been a long month.

I'm definitely in the "you can't caterwaul constantly about FISA and spying and then sign the renewal of the exact law that allows FISA and spying that you've spent more than 3 years caterwauling about without me punching out" group.

I'm definitely in the "you can't caterwaul constantly about FISA and spying and then sign the renewal of the exact law that allows FISA and spying that you've spent more than 3 years caterwauling about without me punching out.

Some might call that “lazy and simplistic” and talk about the Overton window and whatnot.....but I agree 100%.

Tequila will do some fun things

No shit Sherlock; it also functions as "aversion therapy" as I learned one night back in '73. Forty-seven
years later, the smell/taste puke reflex hasn't gone away.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT