ADVERTISEMENT

LOL 2 GOP and 14 Dems in the Senate actually walked the walk.

Yeah, Sys trying to make this a R v D thing is silly. They are both not only complicit, but drivers of the continued surveillance state.

We will sure see in a verifiable, objective way in the near future if that's true. I don't think the DOJ gets your internet browser history without a warrant when the bill comes out of the house.

The House version that passed did nothing to address the internet browser thing Syskatine brought up. Both parties are the usual piles of shit for the reality that almost 20 years after it first passed, it is still being considered for renewal. All of the abuses that have been brought to light since it passed and we're still getting a collective shrug and the usual finger pointing from Congress? I'm out.

If Trump doesn't veto whatever Patriot Act turd Congress puts on his desk, I will not vote for him in November.

An undeniable truth. Trump is no plantation cracker. That gets my vote in November.

Sys is the Goat but not in a good way.
13f93710781c11065ebaa3faa50eb066.jpg

We will sure see in a verifiable, objective way in the near future if that's true. I don't think the DOJ gets your internet browser history without a warrant when the bill comes out of the house.

Even though they passed a reauthorization without any of the privacy amendments previously?

To me, that kinda sounds like them getting caught with their ass hanging out and now trying to cover their tracks politically if that happens. And even if it does happen it then goes back to Senate or possibly a joint conference committee.

The TRUE verifiable, objective way to determine complicity is the final engrossed version that lands on Trump’s desk since it will take a Republican led Senate and a Democrat led House to reach an agreement. I seriously doubt the House is willing to kill the entire reauthorization over the Lee-Leahy style amendment. That was show a true commitment to privacy and against the surveillance state,

That or a Rand Paul style Amendment. I don’t see either of those happening.

We will see.

Last edited:
Eh? I think I'm missing something here.

You are. It’s a call back to Mega calling my similar analysis on the topic “lazy and simplistic”. You would have gotten it and not missed it if you had been a little more sober.

You are. It’s a call back to Mega calling my similar analysis on the topic “lazy and simplistic”. You would have gotten it and not missed it if you had been a little more sober.
I'm guessing that was in the previous 5 page patriot act thread. I didn't read most of it, but will now because I'm gathering I missed some entertainment.

I seriously doubt the House is willing to kill the entire reauthorization over the Lee-Leahy style amendment. That was show a true commitment to privacy and against the surveillance state,

That or a Rand Paul style Amendment. I don’t see either of those happening.

We will see.

@MegaPoke this is objective criteria. No gaslighting. No preemptive excuses. They produce or they don't. Fatarse produces or he doesn't.

Reactions: CowboyJD
So we can't put all the blame on Republicans like you previously attempted to? Are you saying that Democrats are also complicit in continuing this awful pile of patriot act garbage as well?
Of course he can. That’s a basic principle of the modern Left is not holding themselves to the same standard as others.

At this very point in time we have the examples:

-killing off the entire #MeToo movement
-not following their own Covid lockdown orders or praising/blasting similar policies or statements based solely of the letter next to the name
-now this patriot act

Reactions: iasooner1

Jeezuz dude, your own sub headline said....

House Departs Without Vote to Extend Expired F.B.I. Spy Tools
The operational effect may be limited because the surveillance laws remain in effect for existing investigations.

Little early to be declaring victory. Especially when your article says this...

A majority of lawmakers in both chambers support extending the expired provisions, but they have been caught up in a larger argument over whether and how strictly to impose new restrictions on the F.B.I.’s FISA powers after an inspector general’s damning report found numerous factual errors and omissions in applications to target the former Trump adviser Carter Page during the Russia investigation.

I know you like the troll game with the MAGA boys, but you’re dealing with someone that will actually critically analyze your sources.

The end game....the end result re: what, if anything lands on Trump’s desk is what matters. Is the objective standard for evaluation.

Until then, you’re just flapping your gums.

......With all due respect, of course.

Last edited:

The operational effect may be limited because the surveillance laws remain in effect for existing investigations.

A majority of lawmakers in both chambers support extending the expired provisions, but they have been caught up in a larger argument over whether and how strictly to impose new restrictions on the F.B.I.’s FISA powers after an inspector general’s damning report found numerous factual errors and omissions in applications to target the former Trump adviser Carter Page during the Russia investigation.

I know you like the troll game with the MAGA boys, but you’re dealing with someone that will actually critically analyze your sources.

The end game....the end result re: what, if anything lands on Trump’s desk is what matter. Is the objective standard for evaluation.

But what was the batting average?

The end game....the end result re: what, if anything lands on Trump’s desk is what matter. Is the objective standard for evaluation.

I hate to see children spanked in public, but do understand that it's sometimes necessary to keep them in line. I don't fault you for this public spanking, sir.

The end game....the end result re: what, if anything lands on Trump’s desk is what matters. Is the objective standard for evaluation.

Right? Nothing to declare victory about or talk shit over in that article is there, Francis? Which I didn't do, did I?

Right? Nothing to declare victory about or talk shit over in that article is there, Francis? Which I didn't do, did I?

“Stay tuned, don’t forget about this”...

Attached to a headline of “House Departs Without Vote to Extend....”.

Is talking shit....flapping gums.

That.....or a meaningless, irrelevant response not intended or meant to signify or predict what the House will end up doing in the end

One or the other.

Maybe it wasn’t meant for my consumption, but more as a prod at others...I won’t call it gaslighting....but others might. If that’s the case, maybe not quote and @ me with it.

With all due respect, of course.

“Stay tuned, don’t forget about this”...

Attached to a headline of “House Departs Without Vote to Extend....”.

Is talking shit....flapping gums.

That.....or a meaningless, irrelevant response not intended or meant to signify or predict what the House will end up doing in the end

One or the other.

Maybe it wasn’t meant for my consumption, but more as a prod at others...I won’t call it gaslighting....but others might. If that’s the case, maybe not quote and @ me with it.

With all due respect, of course.

With the greatest respect and diplomatic language I can muster, here is an article. It has the update on the status of our gentlemen's wager. Let's not forget to revisit this if and when there's a development.

Whew.

With the greatest respect and diplomatic language I can muster, here is an article. It has the update on the status of our gentlemen's wager. Let's not forget to revisit this if and when there's a development.

Whew.

It’s not an update on the status of anything.

I was also unaware we had a wager...gentleman’s or otherwise.

Thanks for the post though, I guess.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT