ADVERTISEMENT

let's move forward...

Bedlam.jpg

This Sunday will be the first of two meetings this season between Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. “Bedlam,” which originated at an OSU and OU wrestling meet, is one of the longest running rivalries in sports. Dating back to 1920, this weekend will mark the 173rd meeting between the programs. OSU and OU are two of the most successful programs in collegiate wrestling history with both teams claiming multiple team championships (OSU 34 OU 7) and a heavy number of individual champions (OSU 139 OU 67). This Sunday’s dual will provide a top ten matchup between the two. #9 Oklahoma has started the season off on a winning streak going 5-0 in dual meets, which includes an upset over at the time #3 Michigan and a win over #12 Rutgers. #6 Oklahoma State (2-2) will be looking to get back to business with a win over the Sooners. The line-ups for the dual looks likely to be another “old-fashion” fierce bedlam showdown.

125 - AA, top four
141 - AA, possible finalist
149 - possible AA
165 - NC
174 - possible AA
HWT - possible AA

I only say possible AA for Crutcher and Marsden because while they both obviously have the ability to AA (again), neither one really pushes the action a ton. If you don't push the action, every mistake gets magnified. They need to wrestle flawlessly at nationals. If they do, they can certainly be high AA's.

And Eddie...I'm trusting Oberebo on this one and saying top four. Dare I say finalist???

125 - AA, top four
141 - AA, possible finalist
149 - possible AA
165 - NC
174 - possible AA
HWT - possible AA

I only say possible AA for Crutcher and Marsden because while they both obviously have the ability to AA (again), neither one really pushes the action a ton. If you don't push the action, every mistake gets magnified. They need to wrestle flawlessly at nationals. If they do, they can certainly be high AA's.

And Eddie...I'm trusting Oberebo on this one and saying top four. Dare I say finalist???

That's about how I see it too! Except for the Eddie prediction. Who knows, I'm confident he will AA, but not ready to call hima finalist!?

Bedlam wrestling: Cowboys, Sooners a battle of top 10 teams Sunday
From Staff Reports Published: December 12, 2015

w320-643ba2f3b8c4fb5f94df102a50d89dde.jpg

At 133 lbs. Okahoma's Cody Brewer takes down Oklahoma State's Brian Crutchmer during a college wrestling match between Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in Gallagher-Iba Arena on December 7, 2014 in Stillwater. Photo by KT King/For the Oklahoman

Sunday afternoon's Bedlam dual features a matchup of top 10 teams as seventh-ranked Oklahoma hosts ninth-ranked Oklahoma State at 2 p.m. inside McCasland Field House.

The Sooners come in with 5-0 dual record, including a 23-12 win over then No. 3 Michigan on Nov. 22.

The Cowboys (2-2) are coming off a 19-15 upset loss to No. 13 North Carolina State last Sunday in Stillwater.

A limited amount of reserved tickets are still on sale for Sunday's dual. For $25, fans can purchase a reserved seat for the Bedlam dual as well as general admission tickets for the Sooners' future matchups with American (Jan. 24) and South Dakota State (Feb. 14). Tickets can be purchased online at SoonerSports.com or by calling the OU Athletics Tickets Office at (405) 325-2424.

The dual will be televised live on FSPLUS (Cox 68) and FCS (Cox 273).

No. 9 OSU at No. 7 OU

When: 2 p.m. Sunday

Where: McCasland Field House; Norman

TV: FSPLUS (Cox 68), FCS (Cox 273)

Radio: KSPI-FM 93.7

Projected lineups

125: No. 15 Ryan Millhof (OU) vs. No. 5 Eddie Klimara

133: No. 2 Cody Brewer (OU) vs. Brian Crutchmer OR Gary Wayne Harding

141: Trae Blackwell OR Noah Teaney (OU) vs. No. 1 Dean Heil

149: No. 16 Davion Jeffries (OU) vs. No. 11 Anthony Collica OR Davey Dolan

157: Brock Wingbermuehle OR Shayne Tucker (OU) vs. Chance Marsteller

165: No. 11 Clark Glass (OU) vs. No. 1 Alex Dieringer