ADVERTISEMENT

Justice League [RT: 40%]

JL announced as 121 minute runtime

Man of Steel – 143 minutes

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – 151 minutes

Suicide Squad – 123 minutes

Wonder Woman – 141 minutes

crap... getting panned :(

DC needs to separate themselves from the BvS/JL creative team because it's not working.

Was hoping it would be above 65% but i'm still going to see it anyway.

Love Gal as Wonder Woman and it looks like Flash/Aquaman are impressing.

Will be a good lead-in to DC's lone 2018 film... Aquaman

Was hoping it would be above 65% but i'm still going to see it anyway.

Love Gal as Wonder Woman and it looks like Flash/Aquaman are impressing.

Will be a good lead-in to DC's lone 2018 film... Aquaman
Most say it's better than Batman vs Superman. I assume they're talking about the theatrical cut, so that wouldn't be a surprise. The main criticisms seem to be, it' s not the Avengers, too much CGI, a boring villain and the film doesn't feel complete. The rumor is it was mandated that the film needed to be at most 2 hours, so some important stuff may have been cut out to reduce the run time. I loved Man of Steel, and liked the extended directors cut of Batman vs Superman, so I expect I'll like this film too.

I loved Man of Steel, and liked the extended directors cut of Batman vs Superman

giphy.gif

Saw it tonight. Lots of fun, enjoyed the interactions.

If you're a fan of comics, you'll love the movie.

As an aside, after seeing the flick, I have no doubt that some of the reviewers have an agenda. This was as good as several Marvel movies I've seen (which I enjoy also).

Reactions: CBradSmith

As an aside, after seeing the flick, I have no doubt that some of the reviewers have an agenda. This was as good as several Marvel movies I've seen (which I enjoy also).
Great to hear!!! I'm going tonight. I was just talking about the DC vs Marvel bias.

I agree. I saw it today and liked it. DC can't win. The critics got the movie they claimed they wanted, and they still hate it.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
@AC2017 @gopokes2003

Saw it Friday. Really enjoyed it. Just so happened to catch BvS on HBO later in the weekend after pathetic football... that movie makes much more sense after seeing JL. Some little things really click now and it was much more enjoyable. I would say B+ for me!

However.... we have a Ben Afleck/Batman problem.... This was the problem casting an older batman when you're starting a cinematic universe. Now he's expressing doubt in playing Batman ever again... even in the Matt Reeves solo. So what do you do? Kill him off? Re-cast it? I don't think you can kill off one of the founding members whenever Justice League obviously sets up a sequel.

Interested to see how this gets resolved...

@AC2017 @gopokes2003

Saw it Friday. Really enjoyed it. Just so happened to catch BvS on HBO later in the weekend after pathetic football... that movie makes much more sense after seeing JL. Some little things really click now and it was much more enjoyable. I would say B+ for me!

However.... we have a Ben Afleck/Batman problem.... This was the problem casting an older batman when you're starting a cinematic universe. Now he's expressing doubt in playing Batman ever again... even in the Matt Reeves solo. So what do you do? Kill him off? Re-cast it? I don't think you can kill off one of the founding members whenever Justice League obviously sets up a sequel.

Interested to see how this gets resolved...
The Flash Flashpoint movie might change it. They could also bring in Batman Beyond or make Dick Grayson Batman. I think they've done that in the comics. Bruce Wayne would play the role that Alfred has played in JL and BvS.

The Flash Flashpoint movie might change it. They could also bring in Batman Beyond or make Dick Grayson Batman. I think they've done that in the comics. Bruce Wayne would play the role that Alfred has played in JL and BvS.

I think they'll switch at the end of Flashpoint.

Seeing Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne Batman in the alternate reality along with Aquaman and the Atlanteans versus Wonder Woman and the Amazons should be pretty great.

I just hate to recast so early in the universe but I saw where Henry Cavill only has one more film on his DC contract

I think they'll switch at the end of Flashpoint.

Seeing Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne Batman in the alternate reality along with Aquaman and the Atlanteans versus Wonder Woman and the Amazons should be pretty great.
That's a pretty dark storyline. Hope the critics like it. :rolleyes:

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it very much. Flash was great! Wonder woman HOT!

Stay through ALL of the credits all the way to the end.

Finally saw this ( right after watching Ragnarock) and was very pleasantly suprised. REALLY liked it, and it set up great for future movies. I loved how they broke the mold just a bit and let the hero (Sup) just flat dominate

I was actually a bit let down by Ragnarok. I thought the previews looked amazing but it just felt like a filler movie.

Finally saw this ( right after watching Ragnarock) and was very pleasantly suprised. REALLY liked it, and it set up great for future movies. I loved how they broke the mold just a bit and let the hero (Sup) just flat dominate

I was actually a bit let down by Ragnarok. I thought the previews looked amazing but it just felt like a filler movie.
Much better than reviews gave it credit for... however, the DC Universe or DC Films has a a huge Batman problem going forward. For whatever reason, Ben Afleck wants to be done fairly quickly. With Justice League setting up several more films, do you recast Batman? .....

Much better than reviews gave it credit for... however, the DC Universe or DC Films has a a huge Batman problem going forward. For whatever reason, Ben Afleck wants to be done fairly quickly. With Justice League setting up several more films, do you recast Batman? .....

What a jackwagon. When you sign on as a major superhero, you know that's your gig for for several years. Recast it now, IMO, find a middle aged unknown actor that can "be" Batman/Bruce.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...aal-Ben-Affleck-Justice-League-Caped-Crusader

Rumor is Jake Gyllenhaal is next in line for the role. To me, it's no big deal.

In the Marvel universe they have made changes to at least one major character when they moved from Ed Norton to Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner -- and yes, the Norton movie was a tie-in to the Marvel universe -- they had an extended scene with Stark and William Hurt as Gen. Ross (both of whom remain in the same role in Marvel movies).

The best time to make the change is at the end of the Flashpoint movie. They could even make Batman younger (as they did in the new 52) with the timeline adjustment.

I can't wait to see the Avengers movie this May! Geek-on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT