Heil- same
Martinez/Blaylock- 5-8AA
Smith-finalist
Rogers- 3-5AA
Smith- AA
Marsden/Moore-who knows
Weigel-AA
Allen- who knows
with 5 could be finalists with good seasons and draws, you have to put your best team out there. If Fix beats Picc, which I think he will, he's the guy especially when you have Dean in his senior year, he's almost guaranteed to be a finalist. He would be the only starter that graduates. Stick Lewallen/Moran in there and you still have a solid lineup. The only reason I would even suggest this scenario is to give Dean at least one more shot at a team NC. What will probly happen is the same thing that happens every year....see how fix does at the scuffle.

This all sucks because it boots Picc out of the scene.

Last edited:
I say, no redshirt for Fix!
Fix-finalist
Brock- same
Heil- same
Martinez/Blaylock- 5-8AA
Smith-finalist
Rogers- 3-5AA
Smith- AA
Marsden/Moore-who knows
Weigel-AA
Allen- who knows
with 5 could be finalists with good seasons and draws, you have to put your best team out there. If Fix beats Picc, which I think he will, he's the guy especially when you have Dean in his senior year, he's almost guaranteed to be a finalist. He would be the only starter that graduates. Stick Lewallen/Moran in there and you still have a solid lineup. The only reason I would even suggest this scenario is to give Dean at least one more shot at a team NC. What will probly happen is the same thing that happens every year....see how fix does at the scuffle.

This all sucks because it boots Picc out of the scene.

That is an amazing team. It still probably gets boat raced by Penn State. That is the problem.

86Poke mentioned the 2020 Olympics. We know for a fact that the Olympics is important to him (he's mentioned it many times...at least here in the local paper). So will a redshirt hinder his goal?

How to work in Picc, Brock, Fix, Lewallen, Gfeller
86Poke mentioned the 2020 Olympics. We know for a fact that the Olympics is important to him (he's mentioned it many times...at least here in the local paper). So will a redshirt hinder his goal?
No. Will wrestle a lot of free during his redshirt 2017-18. Wrestle 2018-19, Olympic redshirt 2019-20, come back with 3 years eligibility.

Basically, gives Picc and Brock another year to grow. One of them will use 1 year as non-starter, unless growth patterns help us.

Thanks. Didn't know there was such a thing as an Olympic redshirt.

Good call.

Below is the link I was using yesterday to get info on Daton's upcoming opponents. It's the UWW results database and it's pretty useful. It's seems accurate and complete, although a couple of dates (the month & day) and locations look a little odd.

Anyway, if you search for Alan Fried, you'll see he took 4th in 1988 at the World 18 and under tournament (called Juniors then). Then he won gold in 1991 at the World 20 and under tournament (called Espoir then). Fried was also the first wrestler to win 4 national freestyle titles (basically Fargo).

And one more fun fact, in 1983 Daton's dad won Cadets at 57 kg.

Link:
https://unitedworldwrestling.org/database

Junior Worlds wrapped up today. Medal winners in the other styles were:

Greco
Kamal Bey won gold at 74 kg
Cevion Severado won silver at 50 kg

WFS
Maya Nelson won gold at 63 kg
Asia Ray won bronze at 44 kg

The USA totals for all styles combined were 5 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze. Also, this is the first time we won at least one gold medal in each style. Congratulations to all those who represented the USA!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT