ADVERTISEMENT

It's Bedlam Week!!!

Do our guys drill shots anymore? Seems like with the exception of Daton and Carter to a lesser extent we just want to tie up

Reactions: OAMC99
When 7 of 10 starters are from Oklahoma you are going to struggle.There is no way based on the size of Oklahoma wrestling that we can compete nationally with that many Oklahoma kids.Wish we could but that says a lot about our lack of depth.

That is before we get into our head coach who is a mule and our lack of developing kids and missing too many times on recruits.

Holy shit…. Voinovich just had the same thing happen… they were in a stalemate and the ref just randomly gave points… anyone?
Feels fishy af to me.

But also our guys are not wrestling smart. Moore wants to hang on the head, Vic kept going into it. Good lord man take some shots without tying up

Sadly I don’t mind if we lose Bedlam. I think that may be the only way some heat gets put on this staff. Otherwise people in the athletic department seem content with top 10-20 finishes.
Pretty sure this is about to happen. Let it rain baby.

Maybe I’m splitting hairs but with Kaden in on a leg at the end both his feet are still in bounds but they call them out of bounds. Bah

Gfeller needs one takedown and rideout to get a major decision and does nothing. Not one single shred of dominance or urgency.

Reactions: skylinepoke
John to assistant AD for wrestling to focus on starting a women’s team with Esposito the head coach of it. John seems as focused on that anyways now as he is to the men’s program. Popolizio in as new HC with Caldwell and Perry as assistants.

John should have been gone a long time ago. But we don’t care so keep the program on the cheap and just let Oklahoma kids have a shot at an individual title once in awhile. Goals should be 2 individual titles every 4 years. Don’t take resources away from more deserving programs. The program is past the point of no return, unless something really serious happens. And the interest and money is just not there. OSU had its time. Maybe it can be one day again but that looks like a dream.

So many Poke Chokes. We are getting beat by below average wrestlers. Embarrassing.

Kasey Dunn our OC for wrestling?

We are so poorly coached. All of them need to go.

If you had a money manager and gave him a million dollars and at the end of the year he gave you 50 bucks, you’d fire him. We recruit well but don’t develop jack crap. Name me a wrestler that has improved since he got here in the last 5 years?

John Smith is a GOAT as a wrestler, but if you look at the team results, he has lowered the level of the program overall. 5 titles in 33 years is so much worse than everything before him. And he will have coached all of our worst teams in that span. Time for him to go.

John to assistant AD for wrestling to focus on starting a women’s team with Esposito the head coach of it. John seems as focused on that anyways now as he is to the men’s program. Popolizio in as new HC with Caldwell and Perry as assistants.
Or stop with this “keep it in the family” nonsense and focus on talent instead of alma mater. There’s so many more good programs nowadays than just Iowa/Minnesota/OSU. It ain’t the 90s anymore.

Or stop with this “keep it in the family” nonsense and focus on talent instead of alma mater. There’s so many more good programs nowadays than just Iowa/Minnesota/OSU. It ain’t the 90s anymore.
We need to win the last 3 matches to win the dual.

Reactions: OAMC99
I’d be down with looking at bringing in Taylor, Dake, or some other great teaching coach who just needs some big name assistants. John’s give an eff factor is pathetic…especially when it comes to any changes. Change is needed regardless of outcome of dual.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Wittlake with a TD
I’d be down with looking at bringing in Taylor, Dake, or some other great teaching coach who just needs some big name assistants. John’s give an eff factor is pathetic…especially when it comes to any changes. Change is needed regardless of outcome of dual.
Wittlake burned his 1 takedown attempt per match allotment lol

John cares about his team. I do believe that. He does not seem to care about changes in the sport or learning from what top teams are doing to get a competitive advantage.

Reactions: vhsalum
The only OSU guys I can see recruits wanting to come wrestle for are DC, Fix in a few years, maybe Coleman, maybe Pat Pop.

Wittlake in here praying for another stall call

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT