ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State @ Oklahoma State

Poel_Jeer

Redshirt
Nov 9, 2015
So, just getting jump start on things, I will make some predictions for Sunday's dual against ISU.

125: Klimara is really doing well this year, I am excited to what he'll do this March. Klimara has wrestled Larson 2 times in his career winning both. I see a major or better for Klimara here. Klimara mdec Larson 16-4
133: Harding lost to Hall in last years dual. Hall is a great wrestler but Harding might close the gap here. I might change my mind after watching him against Synon. Hall dec Harding 6-5
141: Heil has been wrestling sooo good this year. He's methodical and consistent. He has improved in all aspects of his game. Heil tf Meeks 16-1
149: Collica and Moreno have wrestled a few times and all the wins have been Collica's. That will continue.
Collica mdec Moreno 15-5
157: Smith will have no trouble with whoever he wrestles, either Breitenbach or Rodriguez.
Smith mdec Rodriguez 14-4
165: Dieringer will continue the onslaught of 165lb class. Weatherman is good, but not on Sunday.
Dieringer mdec Weatherman 14-5
174: Crutchmer will get 3 takedowns and no nearfall points, no riding time point, and will win in Crutchmer fashion. Crutch dec Weatherspoon 6-3
184: Boyd's tank will get him a win on Sunday. If he will continue to work on his tilts, he will be dynamite come March. He is one wrestler that I don't mind getting himself into a hole, cause he can go full throttle for 7 minutes and come back. Boyd dec Pestano 9-4
197: I think this bout will be determined on Friday's bout. If Weigel goes out and competes with Cox like he did with Jake Smith, I bet he'll wrestle on Sunday too. Either way, it's a win for the pokes by decision. If Marsden wrestles, it might be more points.
Weigel/Marsden dec Harrington 6-4.
285: Marsden will have no trouble here. I hope he picks his offense up, but he'll get the win for sure.
Marsden dec Smith 6-2

So I have a final of 33-3 but I could see Harding pulling an upset, which would be another shut out. The only other bout I am concerned with is 197.

So, just getting jump start on things, I will make some predictions for Sunday's dual against ISU.

125: Klimara is really doing well this year, I am excited to what he'll do this March. Klimara has wrestled Larson 2 times in his career winning both. I see a major or better for Klimara here. Klimara mdec Larson 16-4
133: Harding lost to Hall in last years dual. Hall is a great wrestler but Harding might close the gap here. I might change my mind after watching him against Synon. Hall dec Harding 6-5
141: Heil has been wrestling sooo good this year. He's methodical and consistent. He has improved in all aspects of his game. Heil tf Meeks 16-1
149: Collica and Moreno have wrestled a few times and all the wins have been Collica's. That will continue.
Collica mdec Moreno 15-5
157: Smith will have no trouble with whoever he wrestles, either Breitenbach or Rodriguez.
Smith mdec Rodriguez 14-4
165: Dieringer will continue the onslaught of 165lb class. Weatherman is good, but not on Sunday.
Dieringer mdec Weatherman 14-5
174: Crutchmer will get 3 takedowns and no nearfall points, no riding time point, and will win in Crutchmer fashion. Crutch dec Weatherspoon 6-3
184: Boyd's tank will get him a win on Sunday. If he will continue to work on his tilts, he will be dynamite come March. He is one wrestler that I don't mind getting himself into a hole, cause he can go full throttle for 7 minutes and come back. Boyd dec Pestano 9-4
197: I think this bout will be determined on Friday's bout. If Weigel goes out and competes with Cox like he did with Jake Smith, I bet he'll wrestle on Sunday too. Either way, it's a win for the pokes by decision. If Marsden wrestles, it might be more points.
Weigel/Marsden dec Harrington 6-4.
285: Marsden will have no trouble here. I hope he picks his offense up, but he'll get the win for sure.
Marsden dec Smith 6-2

So I have a final of 33-3 but I could see Harding pulling an upset, which would be another shut out. The only other bout I am concerned with is 197.

Wish I could disagree. Maybe not that much bonus in a few.

A friend and I were talking about this dual tonight and he brought up the fact that OSU hasn't won a national title since Pat was let go almost 10 years ago. We agreed that bringing him back could help get OSU back on top. We dominated the last few years he coached. What do y'all think?

A friend and I were talking about this dual tonight and he brought up the fact that OSU hasn't won a national title since Pat was let go almost 10 years ago. We agreed that bringing him back could help get OSU back on top. We dominated the last few years he coached. What do y'all think?
This is a no-brainer. I don't understand why he's not there now, unless he doesn't want to be.

Poel, about the only thing I disagree with is at 133. I just can't get behind GWH over Hall, even with my half-tinted Orange glasses.

I'll be rooting for Gary, but just can't see that big of a jump.

I see now that he did. I went more off his write-up. It sounded more like he was leaning toward GWH than Hall in his narrative. I don't think he's that close to Earl.

The way I see it is Harding is coming off injury, he'll he still may be a little banged up, I don't know. The first two matches back were a little shaky, but i think he will get it under control and start it back up from where he left off. He beat 16th ranked Forys in sudden victory. I know he didn't dominate, but he wrestled really well, got some back points and got a take down when he needed it, plus he was 3 seconds from winning when he finally gave up the takedown that sent it to OT. Hall has had a lot of close matches this year. I'm just saying Harding should keep it close, probly not gonna win, but, who knows. If Klimara comes out and kills Larson, he could pull some juice from that to get the upset. Just sayin.

Last edited:
No prob. These are just predictions. At this point, no one's wrong on their predictions. Except oberebo.

Reactions: oberebo
has to be so tough being an ISU fan. Just doesn't seem right that its not more competitive.
Sometimes it is but generally more so with football.

We probably shouldn't be as young as we are but it is what it is. Weatherman has been the only consistent guy and he goes against die ringer. Thought we might see the juco 184 that just became eligible.

Was disappointed with efforts of a couple against ou. KJ and staff were as well.

While the results of the weekend aren't going to be good, wouldn't miss the trip down to support the team and meet up and talk wrestling or whatever with old friends and anyone new I happen to meet..

Hopefully don't have to hear what's he doing on bottom like I heard in Norman ;)

Reactions: OAMC99
Looked for you in the Lloyd Noble Center Goose! Should have checked the bars and street gutters first. Tried to wrangle your phone number, but couldn't get a hold of oberebo.

My eldest and I will be there today. Hopefully get to see you then.

Looked for you in the Lloyd Noble Center Goose! Should have checked the bars and street gutters first. Tried to wrangle your phone number, but couldn't get a hold of oberebo.

My eldest and I will be there today. Hopefully get to see you then.

Sounds good. You were preoccupied with gymnastics I'm sure :)

So far:
Klimara 16-0 TF
GWH loses 7-6, Hall escaped with about 2 seconds left which gave him the 1 point lead and left GWH with 59 seconds of RT. So close!!
Heil wins 6-0, maybe 5-0 can't remember.
Collica wins by injury default, Moreno got hurt 8 seconds in with little or no contact.
Smith up 8-1 in second.

GWH did great! Halls first two takedowns were very questionable. Wiegle did excellent, the counting on the near fall points were terrible. KJ is definitely taking ISU in the wrong direction.

I think Alex won like 15-4

Crutcher got 2 TDs in the first period. Gave up nothing but some esapes. He won something like 7-3

Crutchmer and Boyd both won 5-2, Weigel won 10-0, Marsden won with pin. 38-3 final.

Boyd looked very good again. I think it was scoreless in the first but once he got on top he was in control. I think he won like 5-2 but it was never in doubt. He rode out the entire 3rd period. I don't recall any turns but was relentless on his ride.

weigel wrestled a great match winning by major. he gave up nothing. Everytime he gave up a leg he horsed his opponent over for a takedown. Got 4 swipes in the first period plus was robbed of 2 or 3 other 2 pt counts. He was never in danger and looked beastly like he wants to own the 197 spot. Great rider too.

Marsden got a nice double leg TD about 1 minute into the match then worked some tilts. was up 10-0 at end of Period 1. Q Smith tried to tie up and go for a throw which backfired badly. Smith fell to his back, Marsden jumped on him and held him there for the pin. 38-3 Cowboys.
Everyone had as good or better match than Friday.

GWH is right there with the senior Hall. He put a full period ride on Hall short of 2 seconds losing 7-6 but was down 4-1 early just like he was against Synon on Friday. GWH can contribute in March and could even meet Brewer in the finals of big 12 if he snags the 3 seed. Worth a look on the Flo replays

While realizing the competition was not the same, our guys showed much more effort today and most were in control of their match early on. GWH was one of the more exciting matches in several years at GIA and as stated above, the ref blew both of Hall's early takedowns. Someone needs to get the ref a fresh battery for his internal clock. I got a bag of popcorn and was back in my seat before he started one count and he would have to stop and think after count two on all of them to make sure he was correct. His only quick calls today was to hit us with stalling twice when we were chasing the ISU wrestlers around the mat.

So ISU gets 3 TDs the entire dual. All by Earl Hall. and one of those was a gift by GWH when he went for an arm throw on the edge and whiffed which left Hall all over his back. Take that one away and GWH wins. Hes good enough that he doesn't have to make those desperation moves. Hes excellent on top but still some room for improvement. Hes looked great since coming back after Brock. We might be just as well off with Harding. Lets see what he does with Brewer and Conaway.

I stand corrected. Poel Jeer is better than me in every way.

I'm glad to see your coming around, if anyone was at the dual, the flex cam came to me and my daughter, I flexed, she crossed her arms and didn't do it, oh well, the pokes flexed against ISU, almost won all 10

Heil looked a little too cautious against the lighter Boston who normally goes at 133. Didn't take many shots but Boston wasnt doing anything to tie up. Again Heil converted every opportunity and gave up nothing.
Joe got his first bonus points at GIA. another TD with the ankle pic. Hes not turning guys in these duals but hes getting his TDs , putting on a punishing ride and giving up nothing.

Ha! I saw that as well. She was adorable.

My daughter and I were on the flex cam as well. We were the last ones filmed (I probably broke the camera). I was in a white shirt.

Reactions: Poel_Jeer
They have the replays up on FLO. Watched Hardings match again. Looks like the ref missed 2 pt nearfall on Hall. He simply didn't start the count when he looked very tilted to me. Later in the 3rd he stopped the action when GWH had Hall flat. He looked gassed but the restart gave him some air.

Reactions: osu2082
Hardings bloody nose hurt as well as it gave Hall a chance to catch his breath. Harding and Weigel really seem to be improving. I did not get to see Weigel's match against Smith, but to take a highly ranked wrestler like that into Overtime is a good sign and he was very dominant today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT