ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State and Northern Iowa

Geer wrestled very sloppy and lost. Coach Smith really helped UNI with his throwing the brick at the end of the 3rd period and giving the UNI gut who seemed tired a minute to rest. Geer sloppily lost the takedown in the 3rd period.
Thats always been a bit of his problem just doesn't wrestle every second of the 7 minutes, relaxes at some point and gives up 2 pts.

Reactions: osu2082
Geer wrestled very sloppy and lost. Coach Smith really helped UNI with his throwing the brick at the end of the 3rd period and giving the UNI gut who seemed tired a minute to rest. Geer sloppily lost the takedown in the 3rd period.
Ferrari got some nice takedowns but was not as dominant as I would have expected wrestling ex-cowboy 184 Keegan Moore. Harris got beat easily but he didn't get majored. We won the dual but we did not wrestle anywhere close to good.

Last edited:
I think you have to a little more patient with Mastro. With COVID and mono, he has not had much time in the room. There is a reason this season is not counting toward eligibility. All the freshmen are getting a fraction of the improvement they would have otherwise made. Mastro has star potential IMO.

FR usually struggle on bottom and finding consistent offense that works at this level. He will be more than fine. Very talented kid who would of RS in a normal year.

Add to it the fact he missed a bunch of mat time due to illness and I’ve actually been pretty impressed with him.

Reactions: Travis25
Northern Iowa is not bad and they are one of teams that wrestle extra tough at home. I thought some of our guys looked a little sluggish today. The ref did a terrible job in Reece’s match. Holding two hands on one is stalling and he rode the ankle for a full minute. Good win even if it wasn’t a great performance.

Reactions: tom_v31 and osu2082
Ferrari got some nice takedowns but was not as dominant as I would have expected wrestling ex-cowboy 184 Keegan Moore. Harris got beat easily but he didn't get majored. We won the dual but we did not wrestle anywhere close to good.
Still looked better than Penn State.

Reactions: tom_v31
Let witcraft and Trevor go at it in a ranking match...that said Reece has yet to beat him. Trevor has had Mono and CO-VID, and has had little time on the mat.
If Trevor has had mono & covid then why didn't Reece fill in for him till ready to go?

If Trevor has had mono & covid then why didn't Reece fill in for him till ready to go?

Someone had to go at 133 due to Fix's suspension. Witcraft cutting to 125 was taking a toll so it was a good fit for him to move up. When fix returns, both of those kids will likely go at it. Trevor will win IMO...simply b/c while Trevor struggles to get off bottom, so does Witcraft....so who's the better rider? Trevor and its not even close.

Reactions: tom_v31
Someone had to go at 133 due to Fix's suspension. Witcraft cutting to 125 was taking a toll so it was a good fit for him to move up. When fix returns, both of those kids will likely go at it. Trevor will win IMO...simply b/c while Trevor struggles to get off bottom, so does Witcraft....so who's the better rider? Trevor and its not even close.
We have other guys ready to go at 133, didn't need that weight win in those early matches. I can't see them putting him out there if not 100% if there were other options plus I dont think Witcraft wrestled any 125 matches as starter.

The problem at 133 is, in Fix’s absence, and with Witcraft’s weight way down, you had a non scholarship guy beat a scholarship guy in the ranking match. Quite soundly in fact.

Reactions: lincolnhs
Witcraft is our best option behind Fix at 33. We tried Neiman earlier and he gives us nothing. Witcraft is undersized but he is capable of getting us points and he is always working to score unless he is being held like today.

Track Wrestling has Kaid going at 141 instead of Hone who went in the UNI dual.

We have other guys ready to go at 133, didn't need that weight win in those early matches. I can't see them putting him out there if not 100% if there were other options plus I dont think Witcraft wrestled any 125 matches as starter.
Like who? Look I like Witcraft...but give me Trevor right now. If you put Reece at 125, the results wouldn't be different. If Witcraft can't throw, kid can lose to about anyone. Its a wash at this point.

Geer and Ferrari need to win to seal this dual. I don't want to see it come down to HWT.

We could lose this dual now that Montalvo lost. Wittlake only getting a decision when he should have at least majored could be costly. Geer better wrestle tonight or we will lose.
He won a decision against a guy I never heard of. Won but not impressive. Montalvo's problem is his offense is so very limited. Plott should have wrestled.

Ferrari with the 5-2 Decision. 2 reversals in the 3rd after Ferrari went up 3-0.

16-12 oSu

good match at 197....both batsida and ferrarri both have great credentials from an international freestyle standpoint...both have bright futures

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT