ADVERTISEMENT

Into the Badlands (AMC)

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
I thought it was a really good start. It isn't ever going to rival Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul/Fargo, in my estimation, but it was entertaining.

I watched it. My first take is that it has potential. I thought the plot seemed interesting. I thought the characters were fairly interesting. Liked the main guy (Sunny) more than I anticipated from the previews. I am not a huge fan of martial arts movies/TV, so those scenes detract from the show for me. But, I will give it some time to grow on me.

I watched it. My first take is that it has potential. I thought the plot seemed interesting. I thought the characters were fairly interesting. Liked the main guy (Sunny) more than I anticipated from the previews. I am not a huge fan of martial arts movies/TV, so those scenes detract from the show for me. But, I will give it some time to grow on me.

I'm not really a fan of martial arts movies either unless it's this type of over the top with this type tone. The first fight scene was pretty awesome IMO.

I'm not really a fan of martial arts movies either unless it's this type of over the top with this type tone. The first fight scene was pretty awesome IMO.

Yeah. It was more realistic than some I have seen. At least no one was holding a sword while the opponent was standing on the tip of the sword.

Solid pilot. Good characters and premise. Will continue to watch.

I'm in. Not a karate movie guy either but I like this weird Kung fu steampunk post apocalyptic mad Max mashup. Original storyline and interesting characters.

I would like more explanation for why there is electricity and combustion engines but no guns. I like the limitation but it's lazily dealt with.

Reactions: Been Jammin
The introduction voice over said the barons got rid of the guns when they rose to power. Kinda hokey, but what are you to do.

Reactions: MegaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT