ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting George Will interview

So nick is a liberal trying to tell us what a good conservative is? That’s exactly how we ended up with McKeeating5 and Mittens as our nominees in 2008 and 2012.

all i know nick is being fooled

“we” had much worse before trump

So nick is a liberal trying to tell us what a good conservative is? That’s exactly how we ended up with McKeeating5 and Mittens as our nominees in 2008 and 2012.
Actually it has been George Will who has been explaining conservatism (with a libertarian twist) for the last half century. I do not believe you understand Will’s role on the political spectrum. You have taken your frustration with Republicans like Romney, McConnell et al and unfairly, IMO, added George Will to your list. That’s like blaming Al Aesbach (sp?) for poor play when the Sooners lose a football game. Will’s role is to provide the politicians with the moral foundation to act. Which he has done with great clarity for decades. I think you are just mad that he finds Donald Trump, a man you admire almost to a fault, to be repulsive and are lashing out in anger. It is not Will’s place to sling mud. His place is to provide the principles by which politicians on his side can defend their policies. That RINOs fail at what they are expected to do should not be blamed on the men that give them the amunition to do the right thing.

Reactions: Syskatine
That’s like blaming Al Aesbach (sp?) for poor play when the Sooners lose a football game.
A more accurate analogy to what George Will did in 2016 would be if Eschbach became a Texas fan because he didn’t like the OU coach’s mannerisms.

McKeating5 was not my first choice in 2008, nor was Mittens in 2012, but I got behind them because they were better than what the other side put forward. Will’s actions in 2016 proved that he was perfectly OK with a Hillary victory if it meant a Trump loss, like the other NeverTrump Republicans. He either felt that Hillary was the better choice, or that neither was better than the other. Either way, he is not part of the Limbaugh school, where defeating leftists and liberals is the prime directive.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
I will always remember George Will as the Washington Generals to David, Sam, and Cokie’s Harlem Globetrotters. He was nothing more than a blocking dummy for three libs.

And he totally misunderstood the MAGA movement, which were normal Americans with real jobs, who generally supported the same policies that he purported to support, but they were tired of “being nice”. Apparently, he was more concerned with “being nice”.

The toothless horde hated him because he's smart and principled. They aren't tired of nice, they're dumb and incompetent and only like other people who are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT