ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting George Will interview

George Will doesn't get it and frankly never will. He is one of those that follows the Queensbury rules of fighting in a street fight and gets his ass kicked. Queensbury rules are great but when your opponent is fighting without rules you are going to get your ass kicked.

Thanks for posting....my problem with these types of articles is they often dissect what's wrong with the right (any portion of) and rarely touch the left. Exactly what this article did.......the interviewers said "Q: Turning to the Democrats, there’s sort of a growing consensus that their majority in Congress is in jeopardy in November. Do you think that’s almost a certainty at this point?" and the next question was "Q: It looks like the Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade. Do you think that could have a meaningful impact on the midterms?" The question about the democrats was it...nothing else.

Nearly every question was about the right or Trump and or some way to weave Trump into the discussion. I loved Ronald Reagan, but he trusted the dam liberals to get the immigration issues under control, secured a promise from Tip O'Neill this would happen and then got absolutely rolled going forward.

Cawthorn deserved to lose and did......AOC deserves to lose and doesn't. It is easy to see the difference. P McCrory am not that familiar with but do believe he rolled over on some issues that pissed conservative voters off and subsequently lost. If you are a staunch conservative R, you need to stand firm and tell libs to piss off as they destroy cities, schools and whatever else they touch. There is no compromise with them right now. Old school D's of course there is room for comprise when it comes to the front.

The biggest issue in politics is the hideous and absolutely one sided coverage the media gives......they coronate losers, liars and leeches on the left and get the knives out for anything that is a micron to the right of center. I honestly don't know how much social media plays a role any more, most people I know have deserted in droves and most also watch absolutely no news with the exception of sports and weather. Without the media and their wholly toxic approach to anything conservative I seriously doubt this country would be where it is and to a great degree agree with Will on his assessment on what most people are doing to live life.

I often waffle on Trump......love his in your face attitude, because there are so many squishy R's that just roll over and get their belly rub to be quiet or on CNN/MSNBC for interviews. Looking back through politics I can remember no one that fought for anything with the conviction that Trump did when he had his pulse on the right subject. Jeez though when he didn't he just created one forced error after another. I will say as time goes on though, much of what he railed against is turning out to be more true then not.

Still think a DeSantis / Donalds ticket would kick ass in 2024 and would prefer this. But if Trump runs he will win and the circus will start again, but as Bearcat said......there is no more Mr. Nice Guy in politics. Fight dirtier then your opponent and you win. Try to be nice, acceptable and comprimissing you get your ass handed to you. I'm done with people who do the later.

Thanks for posting....my problem with these types of articles is they often dissect what's wrong with the right (any portion of) and rarely touch the left. Exactly what this article did.......the interviewers said "Q: Turning to the Democrats, there’s sort of a growing consensus that their majority in Congress is in jeopardy in November. Do you think that’s almost a certainty at this point?" and the next question was "Q: It looks like the Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade. Do you think that could have a meaningful impact on the midterms?" The question about the democrats was it...nothing else.

Nearly every question was about the right or Trump and or some way to weave Trump into the discussion. I loved Ronald Reagan, but he trusted the dam liberals to get the immigration issues under control, secured a promise from Tip O'Neill this would happen and then got absolutely rolled going forward.

Cawthorn deserved to lose and did......AOC deserves to lose and doesn't. It is easy to see the difference. P McCrory am not that familiar with but do believe he rolled over on some issues that pissed conservative voters off and subsequently lost. If you are a staunch conservative R, you need to stand firm and tell libs to piss off as they destroy cities, schools and whatever else they touch. There is no compromise with them right now. Old school D's of course there is room for comprise when it comes to the front.

The biggest issue in politics is the hideous and absolutely one sided coverage the media gives......they coronate losers, liars and leeches on the left and get the knives out for anything that is a micron to the right of center. I honestly don't know how much social media plays a role any more, most people I know have deserted in droves and most also watch absolutely no news with the exception of sports and weather. Without the media and their wholly toxic approach to anything conservative I seriously doubt this country would be where it is and to a great degree agree with Will on his assessment on what most people are doing to live life.

I often waffle on Trump......love his in your face attitude, because there are so many squishy R's that just roll over and get their belly rub to be quiet or on CNN/MSNBC for interviews. Looking back through politics I can remember no one that fought for anything with the conviction that Trump did when he had his pulse on the right subject. Jeez though when he didn't he just created one forced error after another. I will say as time goes on though, much of what he railed against is turning out to be more true then not.

Still think a DeSantis / Donalds ticket would kick ass in 2024 and would prefer this. But if Trump runs he will win and the circus will start again, but as Bearcat said......there is no more Mr. Nice Guy in politics. Fight dirtier then your opponent and you win. Try to be nice, acceptable and comprimissing you get your ass handed to you. I'm done with people who do the later.
I find that I rarely agree with George Will, but thought his approach on Trump was not out of line. Who knows what other questions were asked but not included in the article. Will's background and history make GOP questions more pertinent, though. I just agreed with the overall tone of the article.

Personally I have great admiration and respect for George Will, a man who has never wavered from his core political principles. I agree with almost everything he said in that interview.
I am not sure I would heap that much praise on him, but I, too, agreed with him on this article.

To recap so far…

- If you’re left-of-center and criticize Trump, you’re a full-on ComMiE…

- If you’re a centrist and criticize Trump, you’re actually a “LefTiST”

- If you’re right-of-center and criticize Trump, you’re a RINO establishment hack.

Carry on

Translation:

“I like Trump’s substance, but it’s his form I have a problem with.”

Typical form-over-substance establishment pussy.

Also, a George Will type republican would have retreated on the Cavanaugh nomination, and probably would have left the Barrett nomination to the next president.
I don’t know how old you are but if you ever watched Will on *This Week With David Brinkley* as he weekly went toe to toe with Cokie Roberts, Al Hunt, Sam Donaldson you would not consider him an establishment pussy. I know of no other pundit or journalist who has maintained his libertaruan/conservative principles with his rock solid fortitude. In 2016 Will recognized the wolf in sheep’s clothing in Donald Trump, knowing full well that Trump was far more “establishment” than certified conservative and a man with loathsome political “form,” and it drained him of any desire to call himself a Republican. He could not bring himself to endorse anyone with Trump’s persona. I know that makes you mad, but George Will is about as far from being an “establishment pussy” as one can get.

I for one mirror Will’s weak stomach when it comes to DJT. Where I disagreed with him in 2016 is I find Hillary Clinton to be one of the most repulsive, repugnant, dare I say: evil politicians, in my lifetime second only to LBJ. So I cheered wildly when Trump won.

I’m sure Will knew what the reaction would be from the Trump loyalists when he broke from the Party, but I assume he figured at his age and with his pedigree he wasn’t going to worry about it. Like I said earlier I have utmost respect for the man.

I agree with a lot of what he says here, surprisingly:

THere was a time when Republicans had teeth and beliefs and George takes us back to that time. I frequently disagree with him but man can that guy write.

george will taking shots at trump

yawn

George Will doesn't get it and frankly never will. He is one of those that follows the Queensbury rules of fighting in a street fight and gets his ass kicked. Queensbury rules are great but when your opponent is fighting without rules you are going to get your ass kicked.

Translation:

“I like Trump’s substance, but it’s his form I have a problem with.”

Typical form-over-substance establishment pussy.

Also, a George Will type republican would have retreated on the Cavanaugh nomination, and probably would have left the Barrett nomination to the next president.

And there it is. He's smart and thoughtful and a great writer, so he makes you dumbasses uncomfortable.

Biden Considers Tapping Emergency
And there it is. He's smart and thoughtful and a great writer, so he makes you dumbasses uncomfortable.
Yea Will is a smart and thoughtful writer whose views allowed the left to take control of this country because he wanted to play nice and refused to fight back. I'm sure you would like everyone on the right to be like Will but that ship sailed when you crossed the line. The left pushed to hard to soon and is now facing the backlash of people that do not want the left's vision for the country.

Yea Will is a smart and thoughtful writer whose views allowed the left to take control of this country because he wanted to play nice and refused to fight back. I'm sure you would like everyone on the right to be like Will but that ship sailed when you crossed the line. The left pushed to hard to soon and is now facing the backlash of people that do not want the left's vision for the country.
Get his name out of your mouth. People like him build and create. I disagree with him politically but he's the opposite of you. You only like corrupt morons. He does not.

I think you have confused George Will as a “conservative in name only” ala Mitt Romney. Will’s views and writings have done nothing to aid the cause of the left, exactly the opposite. I would encourage you to read his 2019 book *The Conservative Sensibility* and then make up your mind on what kind of man he is. That he loathes Trump’s “form” is not an adequate reason to mischaracterize him.

I think you have confused George Will as a “conservative in name only” ala Mitt Romney. Will’s views and writings have done nothing to aid the cause of the left, exactly the opposite. I would encourage you to read his 2019 book *The Conservative Sensibility* and then make up your mind on what kind of man he is. That he loathes Trump’s “form” is not an adequate reason to mischaracterize him.

I didn't say Will was a conservative in name only, I said he wasn't willing to fight. His approach to remain above the fray so to speak has made him irrelevant. As much as I don't like it Democrats have turned politics into a extremely dirty game and unless you are willing to fight back you will get your ass kicked.

This post pegged-out the bullshiit meter. Who are you trying to kid?
Sorry, he's smart. He's wrong politically, but he's smart and a great writer.

Read him instead of listening to those uneducated morons on the radio and on social media.

Reactions: davidallen
I didn't say Will was a conservative in name only, I said he wasn't willing to fight. His approach to remain above the fray so to speak has made him irrelevant. As much as I don't like it Democrats have turned politics into a extremely dirty game and unless you are willing to fight back you will get your ass kicked.
I honestly don’t understand what you’re claiming about his unwillingness to fight. Is it because he lacks snarkiness and doesn’t bully or insult? I don’t think you recognize his place on the political foodchain. He is on the philosophical end, not down in the mud with the unrealistic bickering partisans. His job is to present principles, a framework from which a party should operate. Policies are not possible without them. The policies like lowering taxes are the extension of principles laid out and explained with clarity by people like George Will. The politicians - guys like DJT, for example - have neither the intellect nor the composure for that, they have to rely on the intellectuals, the philosophers if you will, for those things. George Will has fought the intellectual battle with the left for over 50 years. He deserves recognition and admiration for his contributions to the political battle.

Reactions: blbronco
As usual, you did not refute a single substantive point. Yes, George Will is a great writer, with no stomach for confrontation. Perhaps he should write political thrillers or spy novels, because he can talk the talk, he just won’t walk the walk.

I will always remember George Will as the Washington Generals to David, Sam, and Cokie’s Harlem Globetrotters. He was nothing more than a blocking dummy for three libs.

And he totally misunderstood the MAGA movement, which were normal Americans with real jobs, who generally supported the same policies that he purported to support, but they were tired of “being nice”. Apparently, he was more concerned with “being nice”.

People have to take back the republic- Trump not going to save us and sure as heck NO political bureaucrats are going to save us. But red wave and all eh

I don’t get how it was Will that allowed the left to take control. Trump was the one who got his ass kicked where it matters at the polls but hey, at least he talks tough. The Republican Party thrived under his principles in the 80s and 90s.

Elon is way out ahead of George.

283543861_10220039725335854_4875478370473463695_n.jpg

The Cavanaugh nomination alone proved that Trump walked the walked. George Will and his pussified ilk (Mittens, W, Jeb, McKeating5, K-Suck) would have tucked their tails between there legs and found a David Souter type.
There is no basis for this line of thought, at all. Clarence Thomas went through a helluva lot rougher confirmation than Kavanaugh and I don’t recall the Republicans folding up and going home. The weak Republican narrative is pure fiction to try to make Trump look good. He won one election and then got smoked in the two that followed. If he were willing to turn that tough talk inward I think he’d refer to himself as a loser. Hell even GWB won two elections and neither was against an 80 year old with dimentia.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyTanker
There is no basis for this line of thought, at all. Clarence Thomas went through a helluva lot rougher confirmation than Kavanaugh and I don’t recall the Republicans folding up and going home. The weak Republican narrative is pure fiction to try to make Trump look good. He won one election and then got smoked in the two that followed. If he were willing to turn that tough talk inward I think he’d refer to himself as a loser. Hell even GWB won two elections and neither was against an 80 year old with dimentia.
No basis, other than that we saw it with our own eyes.

One big difference, was Thomas accused of raping Anita Hill or just sexual harrassment and some pubies on a coke can?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Was that when Mitch refused to even have a hearing on Garland?…or when he pushed through Barrett at then end of Trump’s term? Again….the narrative of Republicans laying down is completely fake news.
When McKeating5 and Mittens both went deer-in-the headlights against Obama. When Roberts betrayed conservatives on fag marriage. When both Roberts and McKeating5 betrayed us on Obamacare. When GWB pretty much phoned it in at the end of his term. And don’t forget that sad excuse of man Boehner who would cry all the time. Establishment republicans have been a bunch of limpdicks since GWB’s second term.

When McKeating5 and Mittens both went deer-in-the headlights against Obama. When Roberts betrayed conservatives on fag marriage. When both Roberts and McKeating5 betrayed us on Obamacare. When GWB pretty much phoned it in at the end of his term. And don’t forget that sad excuse of man Boehner who would cry all the time. Establishment republicans have been a bunch of limpdicks since GWB’s second term.
So McCain and Romney losing to an enormously popular President makes them weak but Trump losing to a much weaker and completely incompetent and incoherent half the time Biden doesn’t have the same effect on him? Boehner cries?….are you kidding me?

Trump is not politically correct. That’s it, that’s what you like. That’s fine, but stop pretending that makes him in some way stronger than people that have fought for the conservative cause for years. He has a big mouth. In some ways it was refreshing. It helped him win in 2016, it got his ass beat in 2020.

So McCain and Romney losing to an enormously popular President makes them weak but Trump losing to a much weaker and completely incompetent and incoherent half the time Biden doesn’t have the same effect on him? Boehner cries?….are you kidding me?

Trump is not politically correct. That’s it, that’s what you like. That’s fine, but stop pretending that makes him in some way stronger than people that have fought for the conservative cause for years. He has a big mouth. In some ways it was refreshing. It helped him win in 2016, it got his ass beat in 2020.
Political correctness in and of itself is weak. It represents a “go along to get along” attitude.

It wasn’t about McKeating5 and Romney losing, it was about the absolute complete failure to fight because they didn’t want to be called “racist”. If they’d fought Obama as hard as they fought Trump, either might have won the presidency. And I’m still not seeing where the establishment pussies have fought for conservatism. Like I said, Washington Generals.

PS: The 2020 election was stolen, and Mike Pence, in typical establishment pussy fashion, went out and took a knee when we needed a Hail Mary.

perception is reality to its owner

nick has a fantasy based on a truth the ccp/dnc fed him

that’s their trick create a palatable truth

you can get 50IC members to call hunters laptop disinformation and stooges like nick will believe them

a year later tge NYT confirms laptop is real and being lied to doesn’t bother nick while he’s busy gorging himself on the next ccp/dnc fantasy

perception is reality to its owner

nick has a fantasy based on a truth the ccp/dnc fed him

that’s their trick create a palatable truth

you can get 50IC members to call hunters laptop disinformation and stooges like nick will believe them

a year later tge NYT confirms laptop is real and being lied to doesn’t bother nick while he’s busy gorging himself on the next ccp/dnc fantasy
So nick is a liberal trying to tell us what a good conservative is? That’s exactly how we ended up with McKeeating5 and Mittens as our nominees in 2008 and 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT