If You Wonder Why I Don’t Vote

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
This explains it better than I can.

Reactions: squeak

This is one of the stupidest stances I have ever seen an intelligent man take.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Everybody... drop what you're doing and call all your friends and family. Tell them to get over here - quick. Dan is explaining what we all lay awake at night thinking about - wondering why he doesn't vote.
Yes, I am that important!

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I wonder why people think they need leaders. But clearly they think they do. Tell me: do you think the people chose Joe Biden to be their leader?

A majority of the popular vote did, yes…

And until we have a constitutional convention of the truly highest order of comedic folly to concoct any other method of establishing term-limited leaders…

vote…

or don’t.

Nobody cares about you that much, Dan. I’m betting your family thinks it’s ridiculous how much you boast about your supposed anarchism…or do you just keep that philosophy to yourself and us lol

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
I wonder why people think they need leaders. But clearly they think they do. Tell me: do you think the people chose Joe Biden to be their leader?
Why do corporations need leaders? Really Dan, asking why people think our country needs leaders is silly. No I do not think the people chose Biden to be the leader of the country. He was chosen by people that could control him and make him do what they wanted. The only question I have is who are those people and what are their goals.

Why do corporations need leaders? Really Dan, asking why people think our country needs leaders is silly. No I do not think the people chose Biden to be the leader of the country. He was chosen by people that could control him and make him do what they wanted. The only question I have is who are those people and what are their goals.
It’s clear to me who those people are, they’re people who think they should be the leaders and everyone else’s purpose for existence is to obey the leaders, a straight line directly from Hegel’s philosophy. A democratic vote allows them to claim legitimacy of their leadership. “Hey!” they say, “you asked for this! You voted for this!”

A majority of the popular vote did, yes…

And until we have a constitutional convention of the truly highest order of comedic folly to concoct any other method of establishing term-limited leaders…

vote…

or don’t.

Nobody cares about you that much, Dan. I’m betting your family thinks it’s ridiculous how much you boast about your supposed anarchism…or do you just keep that philosophy to yourself and us lol

carry on
Ask yourself this: which people enjoyed more individual freedom, less governmental interference in their daily lives, the people who lived under the presidency of George Washington, or those of us under Joe Biden? The answer should be clear to you. So what happened between then and now? Is this the expected outcome in a democracy, a slow painful loss of liberty?

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
Ask yourself this: which people enjoyed more individual freedom, less governmental interference in their daily lives, the people who lived under the presidency of George Washington, or those of us under Joe Biden? The answer should be clear to you. So what happened between then and now? Is this the expected outcome in a democracy, a slow painful loss of liberty?

Slavery existed during the presidency of George Washington. Were women allowed to vote? How were so-called witches treated?

C’mon Dan…you bore me with these elementary challenges.

carry on

So you are arguing there is less governmental interference in the daily lives and pursuits of individuals today than then?

Breaking it down to its simplest form, not all people are good and decent. Wrongdoers need to be punished and neutralized. We need a government to do this, and someone needs to lead that government. Those leaders should be chosen by those who are governed.

Breaking it down to its simplest form, not all people are good and decent. Wrongdoers need to be punished and neutralized. We need a government to do this, and someone needs to lead that government. Those leaders should be chosen by those who are governed.
That’s good. You repeat the mantra verbatim just like you were taught in civics class at government schools.

So you are arguing there is less governmental interference in the daily lives and pursuits of individuals today than then?
No, he’s arguing that your yardstick isn’t the proper measure of true freedom.

No, he’s arguing that your yardstick isn’t the proper measure of true freedom.
I don’t think that’s his argument at all. I think he thinks more government intervention in the lives of individuals equals more freedom.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
I don’t think that’s his argument at all. I think he thinks more government intervention in the lives of individuals equals more freedom.
I think you’re dead wrong in what you think his argument is.

But I’m not gonna engage with your simple-minded idealist binary absolutist utopian anarchy-capitalist theories or your PA AF games.

Government intervention in the lives of individuals did lead to more freedom for slaves held before the Civil War. “Net freedom“ absolutely was increased by government intervention on that occasion.

And you will look really silly when you argue that isn’t true or is irrelevant to the discussion.

Last edited:
I think you’re dead wrong in what you think his argument is.

But I’m not gonna engage with your simple-minded idealist binary absolutist utopian anarchy-capitalist theories or your PA AF games.

Government intervention in the lives of individuals did lead to more freedom for slaves held before the Civil War. “Net freedom“ absolutely was increased by government intervention on that occasion.

And you will look really silly when you argue that isn’t true or is irrelevant to the discussion.
Very well. You made your point.

No snappy PA response?

This is a good look for you Dan.

should try it more often.

I must say, JD and Dan are have one of the calmest, low key pissing matches I’ve ever seen. If other pissing matches on this board are punk/death metal, theirs is yacht rock.
Punk/death metal is boring, repetitive, and juvenile.

We don't feel the need to overcompensate with fake aggressiveness and silly name calling to try to convince the rest of you mopes that we are testosterone laden tough guys. We know we are, and that's good enough for us.

Yacht rock is infinitely more interesting and enjoyable than punk/death metal anyways. :cool:

Punk/death metal is boring, repetitive, and juvenile.

We don't feel the need to overcompensate with fake aggressiveness and silly name calling to try to convince the rest of you mopes that we are testosterone laden tough guys. We know we are, and that's good enough for us.

Yacht rock is infinitely more interesting and enjoyable than punk/death metal anyways. :cool:
For the record JD is speaking for himself. At my age I'm happy to have any testosterone left.

This is one of the stupidest stances I have ever seen an intelligent man take.

Well Dan, congrats, you're the only guy that's ever united the right and left on here.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.OSU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT