ADVERTISEMENT

If I am the only one who feels this way so be it

For some it seems the only thing that will move this decision from conjecture to reality is losing someone they’re close to. Hate to hear about the young lady who lost her season. Are you willing to give your life for her opportunity to compete athletically? Your child’s life? Your father’s? I assume the answer is no to all three. Then the question is, why would you be willing to risk someone else’s life for it?

Cliche...I understand the facts about this very well now.

Of course I don't want any deaths, especially my loved ones.

All that I'm saying is to quit cancelling stuff and let's come up with solutions on how we can execute the chances to fulfill the dreams of our youth. Exercise our freedoms as far as possible while we eradicate this disease in the process. Things haven't changed much for me in the form of my social interaction...so I'm not knowledgeable on how that feels.

Has anybody thought about the impact this is going to have on our youth, their overall mentality? Do you think they're ever going to forget this? Are we educating our future to be investment averse? Government averse? Dream averse?

Again, I don't have solutions because I don't know all the variables. If we had enough test kits, it would make solutions easier.

Cliche...I understand the facts about this very well now.

Of course I don't want any deaths, especially my loved ones.

All that I'm saying is to quit cancelling stuff and let's come up with solutions on how we can execute the chances to fulfill the dreams of our youth. Exercise our freedoms as far as possible while we eradicate this disease in the process. Things haven't changed much for me in the form of my social interaction...so I'm not knowledgeable on how that feels.

Has anybody thought about the impact this is going to have on our youth, their overall mentality? Do you think they're ever going to forget this? Are we educating our future to be investment averse? Government averse? Dream averse?

Again, I don't have solutions because I don't know all the variables. If we had enough test kits, it would make solutions easier.
You should be watching the Ney York briefing right now. If you want to understand it can be explained in simple terms, but at least some seem to not want such explanation.

You should be watching the Ney York briefing right now. If you want to understand it can be explained in simple terms, but at least some seem to not want such explanation.
If people do not believe the politicians or the press, why would they listen to the briefing.

Some of y’all are completed morons!! Chase and others, if you have not changed the way you are behaving socially, then if anyone in your circle dies, you should feel responsible!!

Reactions: oberebo
Cliche....sure. Reality....absolutely.

The solution is to minimize density. That means canceling stuff. Our freedoms need to be curtailed to eradicate this thing. Greater good triumphs individual liberty in a bunch of ways. Wanna go 150mph on the freeway? Sorry, too dangerous for the rest of us.

Our kids’ psyches will be fine. Yes they will miss things, but they will live and learn and do better next time. Hopefully.

So if you aren't believing the press or the politicians, who exactly are you listening to (exlcuding your heavenly directive)?

You call NECowboy's response cliche, but the "it's all fake news, politicians lie, Trump was forced into by it the Libs, civil liberties, this is America" hot take is exponentially worse because it lacks an ounce of empathy towards what is undeniably happening in the world right now. Do you have any contact with a health professional to get actual insight to the state of things? Just curious what it might take to convince you that this is something real.

This is the last place i want to even dip the toe into politics - my response was mainly about perspective. Again, its a massive bummer that athletes who are graduating this year from high school and college won't get to compete for respective titles, but acting like they won't ever be able to recover from it is mind boggling to me. Why not take the alternate approach and think about what a moment this is for young people to understand what it means to be a part of a community, that sports aren't everything?

My cousin is just recovering after 10 days and there aren’t enough tests for his wife or kids to get tested, please people listen to the non partisan doctors!!

Exactly. Don’t listen to politicians or media. Only listen to doctors in that field. This is also a good life lesson for all of us-entitled people like our country having to sacrifice and do the right thing for the greater good of all of us.

I don't watch the news. Politicians and new people are the downfall of this country.

Reactions: L8-agin
Some of y’all are completed morons!! Chase and others, if you have not changed the way you are behaving socially, then if anyone in your circle dies, you should feel responsible!!

I haven't changed the way I'm behaving socially because there is no need to.

I go to work, where there isn't any visitors because of traffic is pretty much non existent. Then, I go home.

I'm a real danger to folks. My office manager has cancer, I told her to stay home until we know more.

There is no track practice, so that's really the only difference in my life.

So, don't jump to conclusions and call people names when you really have no clue.

Cliche....sure. Reality....absolutely.

The solution is to minimize density. That means canceling stuff. Our freedoms need to be curtailed to eradicate this thing. Greater good triumphs individual liberty in a bunch of ways. Wanna go 150mph on the freeway? Sorry, too dangerous for the rest of us.

Our kids’ psyches will be fine. Yes they will miss things, but they will live and learn and do better next time. Hopefully.

Wrong, the solution isn't cancelling, it is postponing. Fight for the dreams of our youth until the end of what is safe.

I agree that our freedoms should be cutoff for a short time to get by this thing. If the government doesn't do something, our economy is in serious jeopardy.

So if you aren't believing the press or the politicians, who exactly are you listening to (exlcuding your heavenly directive)?

You call NECowboy's response cliche, but the "it's all fake news, politicians lie, Trump was forced into by it the Libs, civil liberties, this is America" hot take is exponentially worse because it lacks an ounce of empathy towards what is undeniably happening in the world right now. Do you have any contact with a health professional to get actual insight to the state of things? Just curious what it might take to convince you that this is something real.

This is the last place i want to even dip the toe into politics - my response was mainly about perspective. Again, its a massive bummer that athletes who are graduating this year from high school and college won't get to compete for respective titles, but acting like they won't ever be able to recover from it is mind boggling to me. Why not take the alternate approach and think about what a moment this is for young people to understand what it means to be a part of a community, that sports aren't everything?

Calm your tits!

I refuse and will not listen to a politician or the news. They are all traitorous pieces of shit!

I'm talking with 3 doctors whom are friends and family of mine. That's who I trust and I believe them, especially when they all say something similar. I also speak with military friends and family as well as police friends and family. So, I have a pretty good grasp on this virus as far as knowledge versus being a sheep.

And no, they won't recover for a long time and the scar will always be there for many. I know this, because it happened to me.

My cousin is just recovering after 10 days and there aren’t enough tests for his wife or kids to get tested, please people listen to the non partisan doctors!!

Great news! That's the problem that is halting a good solution...no tests. That's part of the only people I listen to.

usa is now #1 in covid 19 cases in a couple days probably leading in deaths. Stupid NCAA ! when they reschedule the event you should probably invite the ww2 veterans that didn't get there chance to wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT