ADVERTISEMENT

If I am the only one who feels this way so be it

L8-agin

Recruit
Dec 6, 2012
I refuse to be treated this way as a free person.
If someone is worried about any risk in their lives,
let them act upon it.
Everyday you drive a car you are taking a risk,
if you drove or stayed home or walked,
you acted upon it.
Do not tell me I can't take the risk,
I will make up my own mind, as will you.
The minute someone takes something away from me,
I no longer want it!
That is how I stay free,
I will be free of the control of others til I die.
If you allow others to control you,
your dead already!
Proud to be an American! (Are YOU?)
If people can't (or won't) see what is going on here,
they are blind.
This is another sad day for this country,
Gods judgment come upon it!
I will see all you wrestling fans on the other side.
First Corinthians 13:11

Maybe explain what is going on here? I haven’t heard this conspiracy yet. God hates Iowa wrestling?

let them act upon it.
you acted upon it.
I no longer want it!
That is how I stay free,
your dead already!
they are blind.

You are not alone. I am amazed at the freedoms we are giving up for a COLD virus. If this was a real serious problem, instead of a fabricated one, or one that we are completely over reacting to, the public would not need to be convinced how serious it is. Unfortunately, all we can do is sit back and watch the craziness continue and try to live as normally as we can.

#1... I understand the frustration with everything getting cancelled and am super annoyed..
#2... I haven't gotten a flu shot or been sick in a meaningful way in at least 13 years other than some occasional allergies that I have finally figured out how to knock back with over the counter stuff..

#3. There are lots of people in the wrestling community that get sick very easily or have kids that get sick very easily or have parents or in laws that are old enough that a strong flu might kill them.

While the being overly cautious is annoying and seems over blown, there are people that have genuine concerns.. A buddy I was in the Corp with has a wife that has lung disease.. if she gets it, it could be it.. he has a reason to be scared.. If we need to shut shit down for abit to get a handle, what can you do.. its happening, mine as well try to see the bright side.

Reactions: gyppoke
You are not alone. I am amazed at the freedoms we are giving up for a COLD virus. If this was a real serious problem, instead of a fabricated one, or one that we are completely over reacting to, the public would not need to be convinced how serious it is. Unfortunately, all we can do is sit back and watch the craziness continue and try to live as normally as we can.
Your assuming that the general public is knowledgeable enough to make good decisions on complex issues.

Reactions: gyppoke
#1... I understand the frustration with everything getting cancelled and am super annoyed..
#2... I haven't gotten a flu shot or been sick in a meaningful way in at least 13 years other than some occasional allergies that I have finally figured out how to knock back with over the counter stuff..

#3. There are lots of people in the wrestling community that get sick very easily or have kids that get sick very easily or have parents or in laws that are old enough that a strong flu might kill them.

While the being overly cautious is annoying and seems over blown, there are people that have genuine concerns.. A buddy I was in the Corp with has a wife that has lung disease.. if she gets it, it could be it.. he has a reason to be scared.. If we need to shut shit down for abit to get a handle, what can you do.. its happening, mine as well try to see the bright side.

Then those people could stay home?

I'm frustrated that the NCAA didn't even try.

You could test each attendee before departure and quarantine the ones with a positive test. Many of the competitors would rather die than have this taken from them, but hey, let's steal the dreams of our youth because our country can't get along.

Reactions: L8-agin
I hate Iowa, (mainly because they are good)
but I would rather Iowa win every NCAA tournament til Christ returns
then see one cancelled because of the fear someone may get sick.
Fear is the enemy, Iowa is a nuisance.
This seems like a plan to see how far Americans can be pushed.
Well it turns out we can be pushed a long way.
It makes me sick!
I will not yield.
btw: Two people in agreement is a conspiracy

I hate Iowa, (mainly because they are good)
but I would rather Iowa win every NCAA tournament til Christ returns
then see one cancelled because of the fear someone may get sick.
Fear is the enemy, Iowa is a nuisance.
This seems like a plan to see how far Americans can be pushed.
Well it turns out we can be pushed a long way.
It makes me sick!
I will not yield.
btw: Two people in agreement is a conspiracy

I'm American, but I won't be pushed. I don't really have a choice though. I can't make the NCAA or the federal government choose how I would.

Nothing to do but sit and wait really?

Then those people could stay home?

I'm frustrated that the NCAA didn't even try.

You could test each attendee before departure and quarantine the ones with a positive test. Many of the competitors would rather die than have this taken from them, but hey, let's steal the dreams of our youth because our country can't get along.

i think the thought has become, "While some people may only present as a mild cold, they could carry it to someone who isn't as healthy"

Reactions: tom_v31 and gyppoke
I don’t like Iowa because they are bad sports. Poor sportsmanship happens on every team but the Hawks have way too many examples of it.

let them act upon it.
you acted upon it.
I no longer want it!
That is how I stay free,
your dead already!
they are blind.
Emmett, If I can help in any way let me know. I see your pain. You need to talk with someone. Do not feel isolated or alone. (405) 694-8332.

Emmett, If I can help in any way let me know. I see your pain. You need to talk with someone. Do not feel isolated or alone. (405) 694-8332.
Thank you, I was mad when I learned they were not going to allow the fans to watch the NCAA tournament.
Now I am done with NCAA and anyone else who wants to tell me what I can or cannot do. If a bully takes away my toy, I just walk away, let him have it, he didn't want it anyway, he only wanted me to acknowledge him and beg (fight) to get it back. As soon as he sees you will not give him what he wants he will lose interest in it.

I was trying to be nice to Iowa because they are not the real enemy, so yea I hate them, but it was fun to hate them only because they were successful, hating OU right now is like kicking a puppy (not that I actually know what that feels like).
Saying that I would want Iowa to win (all future NCAA's) rather than
cancel one tournament hopefully shows how I feel, as much as I hate
Iowa, I hate this MORE!

Fear and despair are the real enemies of the people.
The "rulers" that are pushing this crap are the enemy or in league with them.
Waiting is not a choice, it is a result.
I will not participate in my own persecution.
They want to control me, let them come and take me.
I want nothing they can give, I want nothing they can take!
I value nothing they have (taken from others - they make nothing themselves).
The only things I value I own, if those thing are taken (stolen) I no longer value them.

Of course I love OSU wrestling, college wrestling, but the powers that be showed us it can and will be taken away, so the only choice is to let them have it. I know they don't care about it, would let it die or be destroyed, they won't care for it or nourish it.
Soon it will be dropped (along with all the other countless stolen items)
just to see if we will come back and pick it up again.

That seems to be the choice!

Fight the Good fight!
Luke 18:19

Reactions: CowboyTanker
i think the thought has become, "While some people may only present as a mild cold, they could carry it to someone who isn't as healthy"

Which is why I said test the attendees (wrestlers, coaches, trainers, officials, tv crew) before they're allowed to leave. They can infect if they aren't sick.

I would rather watch the tournament on TV without any live spectators than have nothing at all. I do think testing could be done on the athletes...after they are finished with the tournament, have them isolate for 14 days. If they aren't willing to agree to testing and isolation...then they don't wrestle. I understand the seriousness of the virus. But the CDC estimates that 575,000 people may have died from the H1N1 (swine flu) in 2009. Each year the WHO estimates that the seasonal flu kills up to 500,000 people a year. Where was the Hysterics in 2009 and a yearly shut down of sports, markets, and life in general? Litigation, Politics, and Media are fanning the flames. If it was an automatic death sentence for the majority of Americans I would fall right in line with the shutdown...Old or weak?...stay away from sporting events.

For some reason can't insert a web link, but if you dont understand google search :

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

if that's too much math and statistics for you then just trust those who do understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: oberebo and gyppoke
I believe the authorities are doing the right thing. I am not an alarmist but this is going to be bad and it will hit certain sectors of the population mostly the elderly and I fall in this group. Young people will not have as severe an ordeal but they are carriers and bring it back to their parents and grandparents. This is unlike what we have seen before in our lifetimes. I have lived already more years than would have been predicted and I am not overly alarmed about this but like everyone else I want to live a few years longer. I will be staying close to home and away from the Tulsa Firemen, one of which spent the weekend celebrating in Eureka Springs with a large crowd of people. Hopefully, I will able to see live the tournament in St. Louis next year. The male population is going to go stir-crazy with no live sports to watch. I already am.

I believe the authorities are not doing the right thing. I am not an alarmist but this is going to be typical and it won't hit certain sectors of the population mostly anybody and I fall in this group. Young people will not have as severe an ordeal but they are carriers of misinformation (lies) and bring it back to their parents and grandparents. This is unlike what we have never seen before in our lifetimes. I have lived already more years than would have been predicted with a lying government and sheepish people and I am not overly alarmed about this but like everyone else I want to live a few years longer in a free country. I will be taking advantage of all the capitalism I can home and away from Tulsa, spending the weekend celebrating with any large crowd of people who feel like I do. Hopefully, I want to see live the NCAA Tournament in St. Louis next year, but now I am done with liars. The male population is going to grow up with no live sports to watch. I already am.

With best regard to all who love OSU wrestling and Freedom
Emmett

Reactions: lookleft goright
Wow. Oberebo, I’ll have you in my prayers. I have always appreciated your posts on here. I have a dad a father in law that both have copd and I am very worried about them and obviously keeping myself and their grandkids away from them for their own protection.

Reactions: oberebo
Important news!

Just in

The Sheepol Virus is spreading.....

More than one out of two kids are believing lies from known LIARS.

The only cure is.........

ROMANS 3 : 4

with Love

Emmett

Last edited:
Reactions: lookleft goright
Holy moly, I’m just seeing this and it’s some of the most uneducated ignorant drivel I’ve ever read!!
Proverbs 9 : 10
Starting your "rebuttal" with a sacrilegious phrase!
I am just too mad right now.
Seeing free men give in to fear.
All I want to do is fight,
but i won't.
I suggest you read more,
starting with the Bible.

What does the Bible teach you about hate? I’ve seen that several times in your posts.

I bet a friend that Iowa would not win the NCAA. Does he need to pay up?
Did your agreement include a force majeure clause? If not, your wallet should get a little heavier.

Honestly answer is no, don't ask for the money. See if he'll go double or nothing for next year.

Proverbs 9 : 10
Starting your "rebuttal" with a sacrilegious phrase!
I am just too mad right now.
Seeing free men give in to fear.
All I want to do is fight,
but i won't.
I suggest you read more,
starting with the Bible.
It’s a game, it would have been stupid to have it. People are dying! Your blindness is scary! You are probably going to infect and kill people, this is not a scam or joke it’s real. The fact that you think you have a right to the tournament is pathetic. Being Christian is your right and I respect that, but quoting it doesn’t change the situation that the whole world is dealing with. I hate it that it was cancelled, but you have to protect people, odd that such an enlightened person as yourself thinks more about what you want and not the people that would be affected.

Reactions: gyppoke and oberebo
I had already made the choice not to go to the tournament. I do know who L8-agin is but not going to name him. He is a long time fan and obviously the decision to cancel has hit him hard and he has over-reacted maybe not in a rational way. I pray that he gets the help and counselling he needs. I only know I will be praying for him. I think in this time of crisis we all need to pray for each other. I am optimistic that this will pass if we do the right things and follow the guidelines put out by the medical authorities.

LETS GO POKES!!!

Reactions: proud2bpokes
I had already made the choice not to go to the tournament. I do know who L8-agin is but not going to name him. He is a long time fan and obviously the decision to cancel has hit him hard and he has over-reacted maybe not in a rational way. I pray that he gets the help and counselling he needs. I only know I will be praying for him. I think in this time of crisis we all need to pray for each other. I am optimistic that this will pass if we do the right things and follow the guidelines put out by the medical authorities.

LETS GO POKES!!!
You are always the voice of reason and I really appreciate your input here. I feel like I overreacted as well!!

I am with L8-again in some form.

I think the decision to cancel was quick and hasty. Dreams were stolen, hearts were injured and that is a breech of Freedom. I feel there is a solution to avoid that, but I don't know what it was/is.

This is serious however and I am not sure why we keep farting around with it. Shut the country down for a bit and lets get on with life.

There is a point where one’s freedom infringes upon that of another. I don’t know where that line is and neither does anyone else. All we can do is be kind and thoughtful. If canceling a sporting event is what we’re asked to do for the sake of another’s health or safety, I’m for it. Cancel them all, celebrate the folks who gave it a go, then get off the damn internet and hug your kids.

Plenty of people still exercising their freedoms on the Florida beaches for spring break - sounds like they could make room for a few of you in this thread.

My livelihood literally depends on sports and I can’t stress enough how much of a no brainer all of the cancellations are. This is going to hit my company hard and yet still almost everyone I work with has the perspective that not having sports is the ultimate first world problem. We literally have the smartest people in the world begging people to stay inside to help stem the tide of a once in a generation illness and somehow people act like this is an assault on their liberties? Can you imagine how serious this must be that our president went from calling the virus a hoax to pumping trillions of dollars into the economy to try and prevent an economic catastrophe?

Seriously, how tone deaf would we if tomorrow we just went business as usual with March Madness? Sports are just entertainment man. .. great entertainment that often times is a distraction from tough times, but this isn’t one of them.

I’m gutted for all the spring athletes who don’t get their shot to compete, but far more gutted for the thousands of people dying, hundreds of thousands dealing with sickness and millions that are about to be unemployed.

The reason for the agreement is some people simply do not believe the press and think this is manufactured. It is easy to believe the Trump was pushed into a corner by the press which would have crucified him, if he did not act. It is also easy to believe that the people advising him are full of their self of importance/are basking in the limelight/are incompetent or ...
On the other hand, it is easy to believe the press and think that we are a part of history and saving the country from devastation. Viruses are an unknown quantity and they scare people. We know people die from them every year. It seems to me that whichever side you are on in this discussion - you aren't changing sides. You believe what you believe.
It is obvious what L-8 believes. There are a lot of people who believe the way he does and they are not speaking because they get attacked by people who believe differently.
The reality is, there is nothing we can do but act as the gov't has decreed. Some do it gracefully and some do it kicking and screaming all the way.

The reason for the agreement is some people simply do not believe the press and think this is manufactured. It is easy to believe the Trump was pushed into a corner by the press which would have crucified him, if he did not act. It is also easy to believe that the people advising him are full of their self of importance/are basking in the limelight/are incompetent or ...
On the other hand, it is easy to believe the press and think that we are a part of history and saving the country from devastation. Viruses are an unknown quantity and they scare people. We know people die from them every year. It seems to me that whichever side you are on in this discussion - you aren't changing sides. You believe what you believe.
It is obvious what L-8 believes. There are a lot of people who believe the way he does and they are not speaking because they get attacked by people who believe differently.
The reality is, there is nothing we can do but act as the gov't has decreed. Some do it gracefully and some do it kicking and screaming all the way.

I am not sure what I believe on the political side. I will say, I do not trust any politician and at this point, media is worse on the trustworthy scale.

When I said earlier, let shut down the country and get on with it, I mean lets do it hard...take the fight to the virus and starve it out. Complete shutdown of all business with the exception of the ability to get petroleum. Open up some food banks manned by National Guard. Put up some tent hospitals, manned by National Guard. Shut down all bill paying requirements, cancel our Nation for a short time. Spring Break in Florida is a prime example of why we have to do it this way...so put up a fence around that place for a month.

I coach a young lady that has poured herself into her sport for her senior year. This is the last run for her, there won't be any more competing after this. She has become my family and I can't stand to see her robbed of her dream when I feel (I always feel there is a solution) there is a way to make this happen for our youth. To watch a young kid have their dreams snatched is about the worst thing I can think of right now?

She won't handle it very well, nor should she be expected to. She worked harder than anybody to this point and deserves a chance to showcase that. She won't continue this in college most likely (even though I think she can.) It is gut-wrenching to be a part of this portion of the pandemic. Is it as bad as watching a loved one die? Obviously, that is more permanent. But really, how detrimental is this to millions of kids in her exact/similar scenario?

For some it seems the only thing that will move this decision from conjecture to reality is losing someone they’re close to. Hate to hear about the young lady who lost her season. Are you willing to give your life for her opportunity to compete athletically? Your child’s life? Your father’s? I assume the answer is no to all three. Then the question is, why would you be willing to risk someone else’s life for it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT