ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong about Trump. MAGA!!!

Do I agree with the verbiage that other Democrats use? Yes, usually. Do I agree with many opinion pieces that discuss Trump's true intents and/or political vision? Yes, usually.

You act like you have discovered something important. A progressive Democrat agreeing with other Democrats and even Independents. How shocking! lol

Sure, explain how Trump is a threat to democracy.

Try and avoid the things we’ll be able to find multiple examples of your thought leaders doing.

Please.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Sure, explain how Trump is a threat to democracy.

Try and avoid the things we’ll be able to find multiple examples of your thought leaders doing.

Please.
1) He only accepts the results of an election if he is declared the winner.
2) He did not inspire an insurrection, but he sure as hell inspired a riot.

Someone wipe Dans chin.
I’m sure non_cents is on it.

ce7c140e-1d2d-47d4-8854-3449d8dfdfe9_1.3f095f98e48752575922283ade77a107.jpeg

1) He only accepts the results of an election if he is declared the winner.
2) He did not inspire an insurrection, but he sure as hell inspired a riot.
Someone wipe Dans chin.
Well, @Ponca Dan beat me to it as it relates to those two.

But, I'll also add a few:
3) He consistently attacks our legal system and the rule of law when things don't go exactly how he wants them to go
4) He consistently attacks our government institutions when they don't do exactly what he wants them to do
5) He has made threats of legal reprisals against his political opponents
6) He has an obsession with loyalty and when someone breaks from him, disagrees with him, or doesn't show enough loyalty, he brands that person a "traitor."
7) He has an obsession with other dictators and authoritarian leaders
8) His comments, serious or not, about being a dictator

And on and on. . .

Truly appalling.

Almost as bad as openly opining on the efficacy of Lysol injections to kill covid…

birx-2-gty-er-210315_1615841720791_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

carry on
I can absolutely understand why you would support Biden.
So then you have a double standard as it relates to Trump and Biden. Got it.

How do you think Trump will end the Russian invasion of Ukraine? How do you believe he will bring peace between Israel and Palestine?

I agree that many around the world fear Trump, but not because of the reasons you think. Many our friends and allies recognize Trump for what he is, a fascist intent on destruction.

And it is absolutely disputable that the world was a better place when Trump was President. I would dispute such a claim and I would also note that some of the foreign policy problems we are dealing with right now, Trump helped to create.

Putin doesn't fear Trump lol. Putin recognizes that Trump will do his bidding. Putin understands that he can control Trump.
Oh well. Your TDS makes your opinion worth about what your screen name would imply. To deny the world wasn't better off with Trump is sheer blindness. Pompeo was an excellent Sec of State and Blinken is an absolute stooge. So is Jake Sullivan. They are both so far over their heads. Here's what the late Sen McCain had to say about Blinken:

"I rise to discuss my opposition to the pending vote concerning Mr. Antony ‘Tony’ Blinken, who is not only unqualified but, in fact, in my view, one of the worst selections of a very bad lot that this president has chosen," McCain excoriated Blinken, who was eventually confirmed to the post in 2015.

McCain noted that it was not very "often" that he openly opposed a presidential nominee on the Senate floor, as he believed "elections have consequences," but he warned that Blinken was a danger to the nation and its service members.

"In this case, this individual has actually been dangerous to America and to the young men and women who are fighting and serving it," McCain said.

McCain was a prophet. Blinken and Biden are existential threats to world peace. The sooner we get these unserious clowns out of office, the sooner we have a chance to solve these very serious problems. We simply can't afford to look so weak in a world full of bad asses. And I repeat, Putin is afraid of Trump and this nonsense of Trump being Putins bitch is beyond ridiculous with ZERO basis in reality. Anybody who still believes anything to do with the Russian Dossier is mentally deficient and brainwashed.

3) He consistently attacks our legal system and the rule of law when things don't go exactly how he wants them to go
4) He consistently attacks our government institutions when they don't do exactly what he wants them to do
6) He has an obsession with loyalty and when someone breaks from him, disagrees with him, or doesn't show enough loyalty, he brands that person a "traitor."

And on and on. .

You have a reading disability.

And you live in a fictional world.

To deny the world wasn't better off with Trump is sheer blindness.
Not at all. There is a reason there were celebrations all around the world, in nations that are friendly with us and/or are our allies, when Trump lost in 2020.

If you want to backup your position, provide some reasoning for it. Specific examples.

Here's what the late Sen McCain had to say about Blinken:
So you right-wingers are quoting Senator McCain again, huh?

What has Trump said about McCain and his opinion in the past? What did McCain think of Trump? Want to provide some quotes again, lol?!

We simply can't afford to look so weak in a world full of bad asses.
We don't look weak right now.

You know what will look weak though? Allowing Russian aggression to go unchecked and giving Putin a claim to victory in Ukraine.

And I repeat, Putin is afraid of Trump and this nonsense of Trump being Putins bitch is beyond ridiculous with ZERO basis in reality. Anybody who still believes anything to do with the Russian Dossier is mentally deficient and brainwashed.
I didn't say anything about the Dossier.

Putin is not afraid of Trump in the slightest. Heck, the two men agree on a lot of things. Putin knows Trump will do his bidding. There is a reason Putin always wants Trump to win! Wake up man.

With all of that said, I am still waiting on your answer to these two questions:

How do you think Trump will end the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
How do you believe he will bring peace between Israel and Palestine?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
You have a reading disability.

And you live in a fictional world.
There really is no use trying to have a reasonable conversation with you. Posters provide answers to your simple questions, and all you do is ignore the answers, and engage in ad hominem attacks.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I agree. And other reasons too. I never claimed President Biden is a "regular guy." I also don't think Trump is a "regular guy" either.

I am addressing @soonerinlOUisiana's response claim to the Trump video and comparing that response to how he responses to very similar behavior by President Biden. Try to keep up please.
Trump may not be a regular guy but he can effectively communicate with regular people. That's was the point.

And on and on. . .
Why do Democrats and Republicans fight over which judges will be put on bench?
Have prominent Democrats attacked the Justice system numerous times?
Do these government institutions deserve the criticism?
Have Democrats threatened legal reprisals against their political opponents?
Are Democrats obsessed with loyalty and do they punish those that disagree with them?
Talking nice about a dictator is not an obsession, it's a technique to deal with them. How is Biden talking poorly about Putin working out for us.
What actions did Trump take that would lead you to believe he was a dictator. He didn't push for prosecuting Hillary, he didn't try or talk about stacking the SCOTUS. He didn't create stifling regulations on business. He didn't do anything that any other President has done yet because Democrats fear Trump will expose them the narrative is he's a dictator.

You leftist need to learn about human nature. The more you push the more push back you are going to get. Trump may or may not be a good President but because you attack him with BS and not on the policy you create more support for him. I can't stand Trump personally but I do respect his abilities to stand up against what is seen as relentless, unfounded and dishonest attacks. So much so for the second time in my life I will be voting "for" a President instead of voting against the Democrat. That should tell you something but I'm sure the ideolog you are will keep you from seeing you and people like you are responsible for Trump's popularity.

Not at all. There is a reason there were celebrations all around the world, in nations that are friendly with us and/or are our allies, when Trump lost in 2020.

If you want to backup your position, provide some reasoning for it. Specific examples.

So you right-wingers are quoting Senator McCain again, huh?

What has Trump said about McCain and his opinion in the past? What did McCain think of Trump? Want to provide some quotes again, lol?!

We don't look weak right now.

You know what will look weak though? Allowing Russian aggression to go unchecked and giving Putin a claim to victory in Ukraine.

I didn't say anything about the Dossier.

Putin is not afraid of Trump in the slightest. Heck, the two men agree on a lot of things. Putin knows Trump will do his bidding. There is a reason Putin always wants Trump to win! Wake up man.

With all of that said, I am still waiting on your answer to these two questions:

How do you think Trump will end the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
How do you believe he will bring peace between Israel and Palestine?
How? He negotiates a deal through whatever and however means you always negotiate a deal. Who the hell knows the final resolution. Trump is a deal maker. That what he does. How did Reagan free the hostages in Iran? They knew that the pathetically weak Carter was gone and a real man was now calling the shots. The world admires strength. They don't respect pussies like Carter and Biden. They laugh at them but they love them because they just use them like the pussies they are. But not Trump. Of course, they were glad he lost! He called bullshit on them and held them accountable and demanded they pony up the money for NATO or else. And guess what? They did more than ever before. Can't imagine why they were glad he lost. You?

He told the Germans to their face that they were fools for acquiescing to the Russians and that they would regret it.

As to your foolish claims about Trump being Putins bitch with absolutely no facts to support that claim, are these the words of someone doing Russias bidding?

There really is no use trying to have a reasonable conversation with you. Posters provide answers to your simple questions, and all you do is ignore the answers, and engage in ad hominem attacks.

You don’t provide anything.

You repeat other people’s opinions.

Your versions of Biden and Trump and all things political is cartoonish/child like.

Makes it really hard to take you seriously.

Your versions of Biden and Trump and all things political is cartoonish/child like.

When you say things like that it is obvious you are insincere and what he says bothers you a great deal. And he makes an excellent point that you seem incapable of countering an argunent with an argument of your own. Your entire MO is to respond to an argument with an insult. You may think it makes you look clever but in fact it makes you look juvenile.

Reactions: my_2cents
When you say things like that it is obvious you are insincere and what he says bothers you a great deal. And he makes an excellent point that you seem incapable of countering an argunent with an argument of your own. Your entire MO is to respond to an argument with an insult. You may think it makes you look clever but in fact it makes you look juvenile.

Meow.

A friend’s son is a grad student in computer engineering who occasionally “lurks” this board. His assessment of “non_cents” is that it is not necessarily an AI bot, but rather a middle-schooler or low intelligence high schooler who is using an AI program to generate its posts. According to him, if a post reads like a Land’s End catalogue description, or a lengthy greeting card, it’s probably AI generated. Non_cents certainly fits that description.

What does any of this nonsense have to do with the topic of this thread? Yeah, absolutely nothing.

Stop deflecting and just answer the questions. Or admit your double standard.

So basically then, President Biden is a regular guy too, correct? Or are you about to show us another double standard you utilize?
It was a response to your post, dumbf.uck. Jesus Christ you’re dense.

Trump may not be a regular guy but he can effectively communicate with regular people. That's was the point.
I don't disagree that Trump is an effective communicator with a certain type of "regular" people. He can communicate very well with those who are angry, worried, and fearful that their country is being "stolen" from them. He can communicate very well with those people who believe in some past ideal time that existed in this country and who want to return to that time. He can communicate very well with those people who see everyone who disagrees with them as being their enemies.

Trump is and has always been a demagogue. He appeals to a certain type of person, plays on that person's fears, prejudices, and even sometimes, hate. And he is very good at this. Very good. One of the best I've seen in the history of this country.

Reactions: osu_orangestreak
Couldn’t agree with this more, but how does it justify Trump's bizarre lying behavior?
If you want to understand Trump's behavior, it's rooted in his NY upbringing. NYers have a habit of exaggerating. This is typically Trump goes off the rails with most people. I've worked with NY people and I've gotten used to it. It would be what we call a fish story around here.

Why do Democrats and Republicans fight over which judges will be put on bench?
Because our current federal system places a lot of power into the hands of politicians when it comes to determining who will sit on the federal bench. Unfortunately, the people have very little input at this point.

But even if we reform the system in this area, there will still be political disagreements over who is on the bench. And that is because we live in a democracy where there is political disagreement.

Have prominent Democrats attacked the Justice system numerous times?
Absolutely. And have you ever seen me agree with those "attacks?" Nope.

btw, there are differences though. For example, Hunter Biden. You don't see many Democrats openly attacking the whole system just to defend Hunter Biden. There are a few, but not many. You haven't seen me once attack the system over Hunter Biden. Indeed, I've done the opposite.

Do these government institutions deserve the criticism?
Generally speaking, no, I don't believe our government institutions deserve the type of criticism and attacks leveled at them by Trump cultists. I think what we see from these individuals, and Trump himself, is very dangerous. Are our institutions perfect? No, of course not. There is always room for improvement. But that doesn't mean they should be attacked in the manner they are by Trump and his cultists.

Have Democrats threatened legal reprisals against their political opponents?
Maybe a Democrat here and there has. I rarely claim all Democrats have or haven't done something. But I haven't seen President Biden or any other Democratic leader threaten legal reprisals against their political opponents.

btw, saying that people will be held accountable for their actions and that the rule of law will prevail isn't threatening legal reprisals.

Are Democrats obsessed with loyalty and do they punish those that disagree with them?
No, Democratic leaders are not as obsessed with loyalty as is Donald Trump. And no, those Democrats who disagree with other Democrats are not punished in the same manner as does Trump with those who disagree with him.

Democrats disagree often.

How is Biden talking poorly about Putin working out for us.
It's working well. Putin understands that President Biden and our allies are not going to allow his aggression to go uncheck. Putin understands that President Biden fully supports NATO, fully supports our European allies, and will not do Putin's bidding.

Talking nice about a dictator is not an obsession, it's a technique to deal with them.
lol, right.

Just change the politician, and see if you would make this statement. Imagine if President Biden was talking nice all the time about dictators. Would you say the same thing?

Of course not.

What actions did Trump take that would lead you to believe he was a dictator.
He openly attacked our democracy and the fairness of our elections when he didn't win in 2020. He could not accept that he lost and he tried to overturn the election. Then there was January 6. Then there were some of his appointments. The way he treated his Vice President when his Vice President simply followed the Constitution. Etc., etc.

he didn't try or talk about stacking the SCOTUS. He didn't create stifling regulations on business.
Neither one of these policy positions are actions that definitely indicate someone wants to be a dictator. They are simply political policy positions that you disagree with.

He didn't do anything that any other President has done yet
Seriously man? Did you really type this with a straight face?

Tell me which President before Trump acted the way Trump did after he lost the 2020 election? Which President before Trump inspired his supporters to engage in an insurrection and attack the United States Capitol? Trump did not support the peaceful transfer of power in this country, indeed, he did the opposite.

Dang, Trump didn't even have the dignity and class to attend his successor's inauguration, as previous current Presidents have.

You leftist need to learn about human nature.
Oh, most leftists understand human nature. We understand it very well and that is why we recognize Trump for what he is.

Trump may or may not be a good President but because you attack him with BS and not on the policy you create more support for him.
We will see if Trump's support has increased from 2020 come November. This is still an open question. Remember, Trump has never been supported by a majority of Americans.

But I agree that among cultists like yourself, attacks against Trump only strengthen your support of him. You can't admit you are wrong about Trump, so you just double down. You will go down with the sinking ship and drink the kool-aid as long as Trump tells you too. Because of your pride, ego, and because you place Trump ahead of everything else, including your own claimed values and your own country.

So much so for the second time in my life I will be voting "for" a President instead of voting against the Democrat. That should tell you something
So you are now voting for a man you claimed for a while to not even like? lol, ok.

This will be the third time you vote for Trump. You have always been one of the strongest defenders of Trump on this board, while also trying to claim you don't like him. :rolleyes:

Nothing has changed with you Bearcat, nothing. No need for the lies.

I don't disagree that Trump is an effective communicator with a certain type of "regular" people. He can communicate very well with those who are angry, worried, and fearful that their country is being "stolen" from them. He can communicate very well with those people who believe in some past ideal time that existed in this country and who want to return to that time. He can communicate very well with those people who see everyone who disagrees with them as being their enemies.

Trump is and has always been a demagogue. He appeals to a certain type of person, plays on that person's fears, prejudices, and even sometimes, hate. And he is very good at this. Very good. One of the best I've seen in the history of this country.
I understand why you leftist don't like Trump, he uses many of your same communication tactics but he's much more effective with them.

How? He negotiates a deal through whatever and however means you always negotiate a deal. Who the hell knows the final resolution. Trump is a deal maker. That what he does.
No, Trump is a conman. A fraudster. That is what he does. He acts like he can make a deal, but most of his deals either fall apart, crash and burn, or reek havoc in some manner. Want to talk about the deal he made with the Taliban??

But thanks for your answer. Your answer is that Trump will bring peace between Russia and Ukraine and between Israel and Palestine by making a deal however you negotiate a deal. You have no clue how he will do it though, just that he will do it.

Of course, he didn't do it during his first term. But you ignore that, right?

How did Reagan free the hostages in Iran? They knew that the pathetically weak Carter was gone and a real man was now calling the shots.
Because Reagan was working with Iran behind the scenes to undermine President Carter, so Reagan could get elected. He was giving Iran what they wanted.

Iran just didn't release the hostages once Reagan took office because it was Reagan. Wake up. There had been a lot of backdoor (and probably illegal) activity going on with Reagan's people and Iran.

You going to brag about Reagan working with Iran now? Kinda like Trump getting all friendly with North Korea, huh?

The world admires strength.
Define who you mean by "the world." There are a lot of nations in the world.

I do agree though that for the most part, this is a true statement. But many parts of the world also admire other factors too. Still, my original claim stands. President Biden is showing strength right now as it relates to Putin. Trump did not and will not.

But not Trump. Of course, they were glad he lost! He called bullshit on them and held them accountable and demanded they pony up the money for NATO or else. And guess what? They did more than ever before. Can't imagine why they were glad he lost. You?
Our allies were glad he lost because they recognize him for what he is, a fascist maniac with a complex. He was playing nice with Putin while undermining our alliances. He was doing Putin's bidding. He was destabilizing Europe and other parts of the world.

Putin always wants Trump to win. Our allies literally celebrated when President Biden won, and your response to all of this is to what? Attack our allies lol!

Tell me you a Trump cultist without telling me that!

As to your foolish claims about Trump being Putins bitch with absolutely no facts to support that claim, are these the words of someone doing Russias bidding?
There is plenty to support this. The way he treated and talks about Putin. The way he treated and talks about Ukraine. The way he treats and talks about NATO and our other European allies. The fact that we know Putin has interfered in our elections to help Trump. Etc., etc., etc.

Are you even paying attention or are you just suckling at Trump's breast every day?

No, I gave you my opinions.

You always have a reason why you can't accept my (and others') opinions. Because that way, you don't actually have to respond to them. You don't actually have to make a post where you express your own opinions and thoughts about the issues raised.

Why do you believe this?

Last edited:
It was a response to your post, dumbf.uck. Jesus Christ you’re dense.
So still, no answer from you. Just the typical hate and name-calling. And you even took the Lord's name in vain. All actions of a true representative of the Catholic Church, huh? :rolleyes:

Let me know when you finally decide to answer my question and are done dodging/deflecting.

If you want to understand Trump's behavior, it's rooted in his NY upbringing. NYers have a habit of exaggerating. This is typically Trump goes off the rails with most people. I've worked with NY people and I've gotten used to it. It would be what we call a fish story around here.
Trump "exaggerates" and they have an excuse ready. President Biden "exaggerates" and they attack him, call him a liar, he is losing his mind, etc.

Double standards and hypocrisy everywhere from these guys lol!

I understand why you leftist don't like Trump, he uses many of your same communication tactics but he's much more effective with them.
They aren't leftist communication tactics and again, Trump is only effective in his communication tactics with certain people, a minority of the American people.

Couldn’t agree with this more, but how does it justify Trump's bizarre lying behavior?
I don't claim to listen to every thing that Trump says, so in all honesty have no idea whether he lied here or not. I do know that the leftists & media have cried "lie" every time Trump has made statements that were obviously hyperbole, so, I've come to just tune out that whining. And if I miss a lie that deserves criticism because of it, so be it. There is a point to the parable about the boy who cries wolf, and the leftists/media have cried "lie" so often, even when it wasn't, that crying it now just gets tuned out.

I think the thing that gets the goat of most liberals is that suddenly the term "populism" has become used to describe right-wingers. Which of course implies that "elitism" (which is the equivalent opposite of populism) becomes the correct label for the left. And its hard to be elitist, and still claim to be for the people at the same time.

Reactions: AC2020
I don't claim to listen to every thing that Trump says, so in all honesty have no idea whether he lied here or not. I do know that the leftists & media have cried "lie" every time Trump has made statements that were obviously hyperbole, so, I've come to just tune out that whining. And if I miss a lie that deserves criticism because of it, so be it. There is a point to the parable about the boy who cries wolf, and the leftists/media have cried "lie" so often, even when it wasn't, that crying it now just gets tuned out.
So now leftists are to blame for Trump's lying? Leftists are to blame for why you never respond to Trump's lies?

lol, one just can't make this junk up!

Trump "exaggerates" and they have an excuse ready. President Biden "exaggerates" and they attack him, call him a liar, he is losing his mind, etc.

No, Trump is a conman. A fraudster. That is what he does. He acts like he can make a deal, but most of his deals either fall apart, crash and burn, or reek havoc in some manner. Want to talk about the deal he made with the Taliban??

But thanks for your answer. Your answer is that Trump will bring peace between Russia and Ukraine and between Israel and Palestine by making a deal however you negotiate a deal. You have no clue how he will do it though, just that he will do it.

Of course, he didn't do it during his first term. But you ignore that, right?

Because Reagan was working with Iran behind the scenes to undermine President Carter, so Reagan could get elected. He was giving Iran what they wanted.

Iran just didn't release the hostages once Reagan took office because it was Reagan. Wake up. There had been a lot of backdoor (and probably illegal) activity going on with Reagan's people and Iran.

You going to brag about Reagan working with Iran now? Kinda like Trump getting all friendly with North Korea, huh?

Define who you mean by "the world." There are a lot of nations in the world.

I do agree though that for the most part, this is a true statement. But many parts of the world also admire other factors too. Still, my original claim stands. President Biden is showing strength right now as it relates to Putin. Trump did not and will not.

Our allies were glad he lost because they recognize him for what he is, a fascist maniac with a complex. He was playing nice with Putin while undermining our alliances. He was doing Putin's bidding. He was destabilizing Europe and other parts of the world.

Putin always wants Trump to win. Our allies literally celebrated when President Biden won, and your response to all of this is to what? Attack our allies lol!

Tell me you a Trump cultist without telling me that!

There is plenty to support this. The way he treated and talks about Putin. The way he treated and talks about Ukraine. The way he treats and talks about NATO and our other European allies. The fact that we know Putin has interfered in our elections to help Trump. Etc., etc., etc.

Are you even paying attention or are you just suckling at Trump's breast every day?
Yeah, lets' talk about the deal he made with the Taliban. He was on a phone call with their leader in Afghanistan after something or other had happened to our troops. He told the guy that as they were speaking, that we knew EXACTLY where the guy was and he told him his exact location down to the house he was in. He said if one more of our soldiers were killed that he would put a missile through his window and kill him and his entire family. From that point on, we did not lose one soldier in almost 2 years. THAT'S how you negotiate! Strength.

As I've already told you, who the hell knows how these wars exactly get resolved. If I knew that I wouldn't be here going back and forth with you. I'd be on a stage receiving the Nobel Peace prize. Of course, only liberals win that prize or Trump would already have one for what he pulled off in the Middle East with the almost unimaginable Abraham Accords. It's the abstract not the concretes. Hate him all you want (and I certainly have and still do at times) but the dude knows how to work a deal. He's a tough street smart real estate developer from NY who has mastered the art of bullshit and it just works. But let your TDS blind you to the reality that the world was a safer place when Trump had his hands on the wheel. But now we sit on a razor's edge with a complete idiot, congenital liar and a crook for President and a cackling unintelligible DEI hire for a VP. Biden is way past his expiration date and his decline is exponential...not linear. His wife should be charged with Elderly Abuse for allowing him to run again. That means the cackling imbecile will be our President sooner rather than later. President Harris. Can you imagine how humiliating that would be? Now THAT would be an even more extremely dangerous world to live in. China would run over us like a day bitch and Taiwan would be a Chinese territory.

Hope you don't have any daughters because in our understaffed woke military they are falling WAY short of their recruitment goals. A war with China would very likely mean they'd have to bring back the draft. This time it won't only be the guys that get drafted, the women would be called on as well much like in Israel.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC2020
So now leftists are to blame for Trump's lying? Leftists are to blame for why you never respond to Trump's lies?

lol, one just can't make this junk up!
Guess you didn't read the "boy who cried wolf" growing up. Its about your reading level, so I strongly recommend it.

No Biden just flat out lies. It's the difference between catching a 2 pound fish and calling it a 6 pound fish as apposed to not catching a fish and saying you did.

You have no room to lecture on hypocrisy. I would stay away from that one.

I think the thing that gets the goat of most liberals is that suddenly the term "populism" has become used to describe right-wingers. Which of course implies that "elitism" (which is the equivalent opposite of populism) becomes the correct label for the left. And its hard to be elitist, and still claim to be for the people at the same time.
Incorrect. As a liberal, allow me to help you understand what is truly going on as it relates to this issue you raised.

One of the things that some liberals (who consider themselves to be populists too) don't like is that Trump is giving populism a bad name. They agree with others who recognize Trump as a demagogue, and they worry that his brand of demagoguery will be seen as representing populism as a whole. That is what upsets liberal populists.

You see a perfect example of this in this quote from former President Obama:

"I’m not prepared to concede the notion that some of the rhetoric that’s been popping up is populist. They don’t suddenly become a populist because they say something controversial in order to win votes,. That’s not the measure of populism; that’s nativism or xenophobia or it’s just cynicism. Somebody who labels us versus them, or engages in rhetoric about how we’re going to look after ourselves and take it to the other guy, that’s not the definition of populism." - President Obama, June 29, 2016

I personally could care less. I don't consider myself a populist and I have really never cared for the use of populism in politics. There are aspects of populism that I think are worth utilizing sometimes, but often times, populism does more harm than good. And it can be a useful tool for a demagogue like Trump.

So still, no answer from you. Just the typical hate and name-calling. And you even took the Lord's name in vain. All actions of a true representative of the Catholic Church, huh? :rolleyes:

Let me know when you finally decide to answer my question and are done dodging/deflecting.
His actions are not representative of the Catholic Church. His action are representative of the superb upbring he got from his fantastic parents. He says so, so it must be.

• Wow
Reactions: my_2cents
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT