ADVERTISEMENT

I Sometimes Think Of This Scene When I Think Of @davidallen

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
If you haven’t read the book, *Dr. Zhivago* by Boris Pasternak I would encourage you to do so, although admittedly it is a very long novel with a very complex plot filled with characters with Russian names, so it sometimes is a slog to get through. It is inspired literature, brilliant.

But if you don’t have the time or patience/attention span to read the book you should at least watch the movie with Omar Sharif starring as the main character, Yuri Zhivago. It, too, is inspired art.

In one scene Yuri makes his way home after the war, the Reds have won and communism has changed the culture. He makes his way back to his beautiful mansion only to discover it was no longer his property, that three or four families had been allotted space within the mansion and Yuri’s family had been shunted to a couple of rooms on the top floor. The communist in charge of the housing allotments had a long standing emotional grudge against the previous rich/elite and Yuri’s family was frequently on the receiving end of her hatred towards them. Now that she had the power she was determined to exact revenge on the only formerly rich family on the premises.

What was ironic was that Yuri’s family, while being of the aristocratic element in Czarist Russia, had always done what they could to help alleviate the suffering of the masses. But their good intentions went unaccepted.

I sometimes think of this scene when I think of @davidallen, wondering what will be his reaction when Antifa/BLM takes control of his city and allots a couple of rooms in his house to his family while it moves in a handful of homeless drug addled delicts into the main quarters. I’m sure he thinks that would never happen to him, and I hope he’s right. The picture I have of the look of shock and dismay on his face is painful for me to contemplate.

David, I think it is wise for you to grab up some ranch land while you can. If I were you I would tell no one of its existence. The day may come when you’ll have to flee your city. I’m glad you’re planning ahead.

If you haven’t read the book, *Dr. Zhivago* by Boris Pasternak I would encourage you to do so, although admittedly it is a very long novel with a very complex plot filled with characters with Russian names, so it sometimes is a slog to get through. It is inspired literature, brilliant.

But if you don’t have the time or patience/attention span to read the book you should at least watch the movie with Omar Sarif starring as the main character, Yuri Zhivago. It, too, is inspired art.

In one scene Yuri makes his way home after the war, the Reds have won and communism has changed the culture. He makes his way back to his beautiful mansion only to discover it was no longer his property, that three or four families has been allotted space within the mansion and Yuri’s family had been shunted to a couple of rooms on the top floor. The communist in charge of the housing allotments had a long standing emotional grudge against the previous rich/elite and Yuri’s family was frequently on the receiving end of her hatred towards them. Now that she had the power she was determined to exact revenge on the only formerly rich family on the premises.

What was ironic was that Yuri’s family, while being of the aristocratic element in Czarist Russia, had always done what they could to help alleviate the suffering of the masses. But their good intentions went unaccepted.

I sometimes think of this scene when I think of @davidallen, wondering what will be his reaction when Antifa/BLM takes control of his city and allots a couple of rooms in his house to his family while it moves in a handful of homeless drug addled delicts into the main quarters. I’m sure he thinks that would never happen to him, and I hope he’s right. The picture I have of the look of shock and dismay on his face is painful for me to contemplate.

David, I think it is wise for you to grab up some ranch land while you can. If I were you I would tell no one of its existence. The day may come when you’ll have to flee your city. I’m glad you’re planning ahead.
David lives in the fantasyland of "shades of gray" I'm sure. All characters men. 😂

We actually touched on this before, Dan. And I started reading the book at your behest. About 2/3 of the way through I got distracted by work and set it aside. The plot moves really slow, but it gives great insight insofar as the historical elements are concerned. And this scene crystallizes perfectly the misanthropy and down right “assholeness” of leftists.

But if you don’t have the time or patience/attention span to read the book you should at least watch the movie with Omar Sharif starring as the main character, Yuri Zhivago. It, too, is inspired art.

In one scene Yuri makes his way home after the war, the Reds have won and communism has changed the culture. He makes his way back to his beautiful mansion only to discover it was no longer his property, that three or four families had been allotted space within the mansion and Yuri’s family had been shunted to a couple of rooms on the top floor. The communist in charge of the housing allotments had a long standing emotional grudge against the previous rich/elite and Yuri’s family was frequently on the receiving end of her hatred towards them. Now that she had the power she was determined to exact revenge on the only formerly rich family on the premises.

We’ve talked a bit about if we’d move full time to the county. I enjoy the city and our neighborhood. There is this very sweet older woman who lives across the street. She has dementia. When I see her in the mornings as I head to work she frequently stops me to talk. She often asks if I’ve seen her husband and I have to break it to her that he died several years ago. If we moved I would miss seeing that big beautiful smile.

We’ve talked a bit about if we’d move full time to the county. I enjoy the city and our neighborhood. There is this very sweet older woman who lives across the street. She has dementia. When I see her in the mornings as I head to work she frequently stops me to talk. She often asks if I’ve seen her husband and I have to break it to her that he died several years ago. If we moved I would miss seeing that big beautiful smile.

If you move full time to the Country please leave your liberal ways in the City. As far as the Woman with dementia goes, just look at Joe and be reminded that you voted for someone like her to run the US.

If you enjoy the city then fight for her. Round up the homeless and addicts. Put antifa in jail.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

If you enjoy the city then fight for her. Round up the homeless and addicts. Put antifa in jail.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Amazing. Whoever thought of such simple/easy answers to such complex issues. I have come to embrace the way Fox portrays PDX. By demonizing the city to right-wing simps they help keep that riff-raff out. Very appreciative of their efforts.

Amazing. Whoever thought of such simple/easy answers to such complex issues. I have come to embrace the way Fox portrays PDX. By demonizing the city to right-wing simps they help keep that riff-raff out. Very appreciative of their efforts.
Portland survives without riff-raff. That’s a good one, David!

• Angry
Reactions: iasooner2000
I think Florida has a much bigger beef than Oklahoma in how they are portrayed in the media. Not that they don't deserve it. Any story that opens with "A Florida man..." is guaranteed to entertain.
Florida and Ohio seem to have an above average amount of really strange people in them. Of course there are people like that everywhere, those two states seem to be the leaders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT