ADVERTISEMENT

I never post about Issues…this has me pissed off

woodlandpoke

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2010
McKinney
My daughter just got a notice from Frisco Schools that tomorrow is an “ excused absence” if she wants to stay home. People have called in threats to two middle schools and one High School.

Seriously….this is ridiculous. Obviously I want my daughter to be safe. But……..

Keep her home. You'd never forgive yourself if she went to school and something did happen.
Of course. She is staying home.. Senior and headed to OSU next year to study for Physical Therapy. Bad sentence on my part “listing political”. I’m just tired of this and it so bad that our kids can’t just live their lives and dreams without this shit.

Of course. She is staying home.. Senior and headed to OSU next year to study for Physical Therapy. Bad sentence on my part “listing political”. I’m just tired of this and it so bad that our kids can’t just live their lives and dreams without this shit…
Keep her home. You'd never forgive yourself if she went to school and something did happen.
My wife and daughter were actually at Stacy and Custer heading over to that mall to shop for graduation day items.

She called me at work and said get on the news. Five minutes away.

That is my point…it is easy to pray and say we need to do this or that. It happens in Nashville or Sandy Hook or wherever….but that hits home hard when it is in your backyard.

That was my only point. My other point was about the incident that happened at Stonebriar Mall last night. A bunch of teens thought it would be funny to storm through the mall amd claiming histeria. Nothing to it.

Then you have these idiots claiming on social media they are going to hit two middle schools and a high school.

I hope they catch them amd I don’t care if they are 14 or 18 years old. Prosecute them to full extent. Our kids should not have to live like this.

That is the extent of my “get off my lawn” rant. Sorry for posting. Just has me in a pissed off mood. I talked to my mom who was Administrator of the year in Moore four times and then unretired and became Administrator of the Year twice with Bridge Creek.

They shouldn’t have to live with this.

My wife and daughter were actually at Stacy and Custer heading over to that mall to shop for graduation day items.

That is my point…it is easy to pray and say we need to do this or that. It happens in Nashville or Sandy Hook or wherever….but that hits home hard when it is in your backyard.

That was my only point. My other point was about the incident that happened at Stonebriar Mall last night. A bunch of teens thought it would be funny to storm through the mall amd claiming histeria. Nothing to it.

Then you have these idiots claiming on social media they are going to hit two middle schools and a high school.

I hope they catch them amd I don’t care if they are 14 or 18 years old. Prosecute them to full extent. Our kids should not have to live like this.

That is the extent of my “get off my lawn” rant. Sorry for posting. Just has me in a pissed off mood. I talked to my mom who was Administrator of the year in Moore four times and then unretired and became Administrator of the Year twice with Bridge Creek.

Homeschooling doesn’t sound so bad these days tbh.

Keep her home. It is so scary these days. I have a kid who got pissed at me for not allowing him to turn in an assignment three weeks late, then went off on another teacher later that day. One week out of school suspension and one week in school suspension. He returns to my class on Tuesday and I am afraid of him coming back.

Agree 100%. Teachers shouldn’t have to live in fear like this either. My wife is a teacher and I worry about this shit a lot. It’s so messed up. They have regular lockdown drills at her school and we’ve talked about which window in her room might be best to send the kids out if she thought she had enough time.

Hell, when that guy took his AR-15 into the Warren Medical building in Tulsa last year and killed several people, one of the victims was my mom’s doctor. And that building is directly next door to my son’s dentist’s office.

• Sad
Reactions: davidallen
The USA has a few items that are difficult to overcome when it comes to gun violence.

Number one is that the right to bear arms is guaranteed in our constitution. Any solution to curb gun violence that does not acknowledge this is simply intellectually dishonest. And the extreme 2A folks often forget the “well regulated” part.

Number two, is unlimited corporate donations to politicians. Citizens United is the second worst SCOTUS ruling in our history. Because of the unlimited money the voice of reason has been taken out of politics.

Guns are the only item that we have access to that basically has zero requirements to acquire and use that can kill people in mass. There have not been any meaningful advances in safety for guns in basically 100 years.

The US has massively higher gun violence than all other developing countries. We don’t have higher levels of mental illness or any real difference other than access to and number of firearms.

This year my 1sr grader has to wear an ID to school. I guess they had trouble identifying the bodies in Uvalde and that’s why they mandated the IDs.

The fact that we can’t come together and find some reasonable middle ground to start limiting this crap is just ****ing sick.

Keep her home. It is so scary these days. I have a kid who got pissed at me for not allowing him to turn in an assignment three weeks late, then went off on another teacher later that day. One week out of school suspension and one week in school suspension. He returns to my class on Tuesday and I am afraid of him coming back.
We had a kid get suspended last week because she thought it was a good idea to bring a gun to school and take a picture of herself in the bathroom at school with it.

She didn’t use the gun for anything other the a picture purpose but what’s to stop her from doing it again and actually using it.

The USA has a few items that are difficult to overcome when it comes to gun violence.

Number one is that the right to bear arms is guaranteed in our constitution. Any solution to curb gun violence that does not acknowledge this is simply intellectually dishonest. And the extreme 2A folks often forget the “well regulated” part.

Number two, is unlimited corporate donations to politicians. Citizens United is the second worst SCOTUS ruling in our history. Because of the unlimited money the voice of reason has been taken out of politics.

Guns are the only item that we have access to that basically has zero requirements to acquire and use that can kill people in mass. There have not been any meaningful advances in safety for guns in basically 100 years.

The US has massively higher gun violence than all other developing countries. We don’t have higher levels of mental illness or any real difference other than access to and number of firearms.

This year my 1sr grader has to wear an ID to school. I guess they had trouble identifying the bodies in Uvalde and that’s why they mandated the IDs.

The fact that we can’t come together and find some reasonable middle ground to start limiting this crap is just ****ing sick.
It is time. I have always been a supporter of the second amendment, and I am a gun owner ( you don’t want to go into some pastures where we have cattle without one). But, 199 mass shootings since the first of the year is out of hand. Something has to be done. I can’t believe that parents cant send their children to school without worrying. Bless all the teachers that have to go to work scared.

Just flex your muscles and he will back down.

It is time. I have always been a supporter of the second amendment, and I am a gun owner ( you don’t want to go into some pastures where we have cattle without one). But, 199 mass shootings since the first of the year is out of hand. Something has to be done. I can’t believe that parents cant send their children to school without worrying. Bless all the teachers that have to go to work scared.
I am a liberal and a gun owner. I believe in the 2A and I also don’t think common sense regulation of a thing that can easily kill someone is some government conspiracy to take away your 2A rights.

Start with allowing gun manufacturers to be legally held responsible for the safety of their products. That would drive change in the manufacturing to add additional safety mechanisms. It sure as hell worked for the auto industry to develop things like seatbelts and to not have metal pointed objects in the interior where heads could be impaled in a crash.

Maybe require safety courses and even insurance for certain fire arms. There are a long list of things that could help.

I am a liberal and a gun owner. I believe in the 2A and I also don’t think common sense regulation of a thing that can easily kill someone is some government conspiracy to take away your 2A rights.

Start with allowing gun manufacturers to be legally held responsible for the safety of their products. That would drive change in the manufacturing to add additional safety mechanisms. It sure as hell worked for the auto industry to develop things like seatbelts and to not have metal pointed objects in the interior where heads could be impaled in a crash.

Maybe require safety courses and even insurance for certain fire arms. There are a long list of things that could help.
The right to bear arms, guaranteed by the 2A, is not conditioned upon the arms being used as part of a well regulated militia, nor is it conditioned upon the type of arms being those available at the time of writing of the constitution.

“Shall not be infringed” is absolute.

We've had a half century long war on drugs and can't keep them off the streets or even out of prisons. Drugs are everywhere.

We've had a 60 year war on poverty where taxpayers have spent 22 trillion (adjusted for inflation) in food stamps/medical care and people are just as poor and lazier than ever.

Yet, many want myself and all the other law abiding citizens to disarm ourselves and trust that da' gubment will keep guns from criminals? GTFO.

I did some active shooter training last week, and prior to that have watched videos on the subject from some of the best trainers.

The absolute worst case scenario is for a simple square classroom with no place to hide or take cover and has a door that does not lock and opens towards the hallway, the door cannot be barricaded from the inside, since it does not open towards the class room.

In this instance all that is left is fight. I can see some saying what this instructor advises as controversial possibly, but you do nothing and it is massive blood shed.

So if the door opens to the hall way (this was a junior high he was teaching), you have all of the students but 2 get in the far left hand corner of the room, towards the front, same wall as the door.

One student gets on all fours very close to the door entrance as possible (right hand side), opposite the door jam the other students are on (left hand side), so as the door opens he will not been seen. A teacher stands behind the student on all fours, back against the wall tightly.

One student (one that is fast and confident), gets in a sprint position along the far right corner of the farthest wall. This would be the wall at the front of the room, opposite the door entrance.

When the shooter opens the door, the student along the far wall sprints towards the other wall, the shooter will see the movement from the sprinting student going right to left and this will distract them briefly. Most active shooters are not good shooters, this would be a very difficult shot to make immediately and not anticipating it. The student on all all fours moves in front of the shooters legs, the teacher pulls the shooter over the student, forcing them to fall face first and goes for the gun, and the other students dog pile, emphasis on getting the gun.

I know this is a thread about ops daughters school but mrs powers and I had a close call with the shooting this weekend. I rarely post serious stuff but I'm not kidding. We were actually on our way to that outlet mall at that time. Mrs. Powers was actually taking me (dragging me) to that store to return some things. At the last minute we decided to do something else because we were kid free. We would have been there at the exact same time of the shooting. It has been messing with my head all weekend. This debate looks completely different to us now.

The right to bear arms, guaranteed by the 2A, is not conditioned upon the arms being used as part of a well regulated militia, nor is it conditioned upon the type of arms being those available at the time of writing of the constitution.

The rationale for the non-infringement is the well regulated militia. It is just wrong to think otherwise.

We've had a half century long war on drugs and can't keep them off the streets or even out of prisons. Drugs are everywhere.

We've had a 60 year war on poverty where taxpayers have spent 22 trillion (adjusted for inflation) in food stamps/medical care and people are just as poor and lazier than ever.

Yet, many want myself and all the other law abiding citizens to disarm ourselves and trust that da' gubment will keep guns from criminals? GTFO.
This is part of the problem. Other “initiatives” didn’t work so let’s not even try when it comes to gun violence.

I did some active shooter training last week, and prior to that have watched videos on the subject from some of the best trainers.

The absolute worst case scenario is for a simple square classroom with no place to hide or take cover and has a door that does not lock and opens towards the hallway, the door cannot be barricaded from the inside, since it does not open towards the class room.

In this instance all that is left is fight. I can see some saying what this instructor advises as controversial possibly, but you do nothing and it is massive blood shed.

So if the door opens to the hall way (this was a junior high he was teaching), you have all of the students but 2 get in the far left hand corner of the room, towards the front, same wall as the door.

One student gets on all fours very close to the door entrance as possible (right hand side), opposite the door jam the other students are on (left hand side), so as the door opens he will not been seen. A teacher stands behind the student on all fours, back against the wall tightly.

One student (one that is fast and confident), gets in a sprint position along the far right corner of the farthest wall. This would be the wall at the front of the room, opposite the door entrance.

When the shooter opens the door, the student along the far wall sprints towards the other wall, the shooter will see the movement from the sprinting student going right to left and this will distract them briefly. Most active shooters are not good shooters, this would be a very difficult shot to make immediately and not anticipating it. The student on all all fours moves in front of the shooters legs, the teacher pulls the shooter over the student, forcing them to fall face first and goes for the gun, and the other students dog pile, emphasis on getting the gun.
The DHS has good information for active shooter situations. RUN HIDE FIGHT is something that should be put out constantly as a public service announcement but I rarely hear about it. I coordinate Active Shooter training for my company. If it wasn't for that then myself and our employees wouldn't have any idea about it. Just another example of our government being completely worthless.

Reactions: bwel9339

If the door opens into the hallway, isn’t the much more likely scenario going to be that the shooter is easily going to see the student down on all fours? They’ll have to be a couple steps back from the door frame to open the door. Seems like they’ll spot them easily. Unless you’re saying they hide off to the side, and then time their lunge in front of the shooter at the same time the distracting, human-bait child gets the shooter’s attention and the teacher leaps up and performs a takedown. That’s some tactical precision that would make Seal Team 6 proud.

Wouldn’t it be just as effective to grab something heavy, hide next to the door, and rush the shooter as soon as they enter to try to catch them by surprise?

If we’re a civilized society and we give two sh…..ts about human life, we ALL KNOW what we need to do to TRY and make it tougher to pull off mass shootings!

Background checks, red flag law with mental health services available and a waiting period on gun sales at a minimum.

Banning assault weapons from public sale should be a no brainer since virtually ALL OF THESE MASS KILLINGS are with an AR-15 high capacity style weapon.

This won’t stop some crazies but could block many from attempting the slaughter of innocents using a military semi-automatic rifle designed to kill as many as possible using rapid fire high capacity magazines.

We know what to do, the majority of us identify as Christian and supposedly value human life, but watch those lawmakers bought and paid for by the NRA do NOTHING to address this societal blood shed and killing of innocents in the U.S.

“Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.”​

― Eleanor Roosevelt

Reactions: CowboyTanker
If the door opens into the hallway, isn’t the much more likely scenario going to be that the shooter is easily going to see the student down on all fours? They’ll have to be a couple steps back from the door frame to open the door. Seems like they’ll spot them easily. Unless you’re saying they hide off to the side, and then time their lunge in front of the shooter at the same time the distracting, human-bait child gets the shooter’s attention and the teacher leaps up and performs a takedown. That’s some tactical precision that would make Seal Team 6 proud.

Wouldn’t it be just as effective to grab something heavy, hide next to the door, and rush the shooter as soon as they enter to try to catch them by surprise?
It has been about 5 years since I saw the video. They recommended practicing. From that you would figure out proper placement and line of sight.

Bottom line is that you have to develop a plan that everyone is confident in, whatever it is. Have a plan and practice, and you do nothing everyone is dead. Slow is smooth, learn to breathe and not freeze. Act. Once you heart rate reaches 175BPS you lose blood flow to the brain and your cognitive thinking drops. You don't practice and you don't breathe and you do nothing you are dead. Happens to trained professionals. No one knows how they will react. You want to disrupt the shooter's plan.

Fight or die, no one has all the answers. But you have to tell yourself I am not dying today and you gather up all the courage and whip ass you have and fight like hell.

Most people in the initial kill zone are probably dead since it is a surprise attack, in that instance your best hope might be pulling a dead body over you for cover.

Run - Hide - Fight

All require a plan. Anytime I enter a new building I now look for 2 exits, just in case. Best option is to run if you can, but you have to know how to get out first.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Banning assault weapons from public sale should be a no brainer since virtually ALL OF THESE MASS KILLINGS are with an AR-15 high capacity style weapon.

This won’t stop some crazies but could block many from attempting the slaughter of innocents using a military semi-automatic rifle designed to kill as many as possible using rapid fire high capacity magazines.

We know what to do, the majority of us identify as Christian and supposedly value human life, but watch those lawmakers bought and paid for by the NRA do NOTHING to address this societal blood shed and killing of innocents in the U.S.

You really have no clue on the amount of deaths via handguns vs rifles do you?

Either need to figure out guns or figure out mental heath. Probably 5% of the population needs to be involuntarily committed to asylums if we're going to have the gun laws we have. But, at this point mass shootings are cultural and a part of the American fabric.

I remember how much Columbine dominated the news cycles for weeks. If that happened in 2023, it's just a blip.

Per Fbi.gov, there were 13,922 homicides across the United States during 2019. 10,258 of them were comitted using a firearm and only 354 of those 10,258 were using a rifle.

stimulus-family.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BurtRogers

One of the ways that you can make it difficult to get inside a classroom is to "penny" a door. I learned this trick in college at Oklahoma State. You can push on the door as hard as possible and jam as many pennies into the door jam as possible. This makes the door nearly impossible to open unless you are on the side where you put the pennies. You can use a flathead screwdriver to get the pennies out of the door jam later.

Something else you can do is get a bucket full of golf balls. This would allow every kid to have a couple of them to throw at any intruder.

Last edited:
If we’re a civilized society and we give two sh…..ts about human life, we ALL KNOW what we need to do to TRY and make it tougher to pull off mass shootings!

Background checks, red flag law with mental health services available and a waiting period on gun sales at a minimum.

You don't have to be "bought and paid for" to defend the constitution.

Every teacher in every state should have some sort of school shooting resource kit. The government (or the private sector or parents) need to come together to consider giving every teacher in the US a school shooting resource kit. I believe it is a smart idea to start discussing/creating a list of items that would be included in a school shooting resource kit for every classroom (which can also be used for other types of extreme emergencies).

As much as I think having these items in EVERY classroom around the US are a no-brainier, I don't know how to broadcast this idea to others so we can start buying these kits for every classroom. We need to get the teachers and the students a fighting chance when there is a armed intruder. Let's start brainstorming these ideas for all school districts.

EMERGENCY BUCKET CONTENTS

1) Bucket ($9.99) - to help store the items below
Amazon product ASIN B098RZ3V69

2) Golf Balls ($84.99) - to use to hit and distract an active shooter in a classroom (i.e. last resort but would save lives)
Amazon product ASIN B00QZCOJX6

3) Pepper Spray ($16.99) - to subdue and take down an active shooter in a classroom (i.e. last resort but would save lives)
Amazon product ASIN B004NKSPR8

4) Stun Gun ($14.99) - to subdue and take down an active shooter in a classroom (i.e. last resort but would save lives)
Amazon product ASIN B01FHIDVYQ

5) Duck Tape ($3.99) - to tie up an active shooter once they are taken down (i.e. last resort but would save lives)
Amazon product ASIN B002TOL44Q

6) Fire Extinguisher ($24.98) - this can be used to put out any room fires, but also used to distract and disorientate an active shooter (this can be purchased in bulk cheaper)
Amazon product ASIN B01LTICQYE

7) Self Adhesive Clips ($8.19) - to quickly reposition a poster over a door window to block views of an active shooter (comes in a pack of 30 so can be distributed to multiple teachers) Amazon product ASIN B001UG187C

8) Pennies ($0.05) - to penny the door closed so an intruder cannot easily enter a classroom (for those districts not willing to pay for the system below)

9) Barracuda Intruder Defense System ($148) - it can be purchased at any home Depot and deployed at any school (on any inward or outward swinging doors).

10) Hammer ($9.46) - this can be used for rooms with windows to escape from an active shooter or fire.
Amazon product ASIN B08GGMRPTK

11) Ladder Escape ($59.97) - this can be used for rooms with windows on the second floor or third floors to escape a fire or active shooter.
Amazon product ASIN B000H5S96A

APPROXIMATE COST PER TEACHER = $310 to $380 (cost depends on #10 & #11 if a classroom has a window and if the classroom is on the 2nd or 3rd floor). In addition, some of these company may help with decreasing the cost to the schools so every resource kit would be even cheaper.

Instead of sending billions of dollars to Ukraine, why not spend those tax dollars on the over 3,000,000 public school teachers nationwide or 42,000 Oklahoma teachers.

NATIONALLY
$310 x 3,000,000 = $930,000,000
$380 x 3,000,000 = $1,140,000,000

OKLAHOMA
$310 x 42,000 = $13,020,000
$380 x 42,000 = $15,960,000

Last edited:
Reactions: OKSTATE1
How many mass killings were via handgun?

Mass killings/shootings is not a defined term. If you're considering below the definition, the vast majority of mass killings were via handguns. But, inner city violence is just an issue that we don't discuss. Poor people of color in the hood don't matter to our politicians.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people are shot, even if no one was killed (again excluding the shooters). Using this definition, 706 people died in these incidents in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT