ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

I watched Dee extensively before ... always was a fan of his talent and style. He took his lumps but like I said, it's because the kid wanted matches where maybe he shouldn't win. He was clearly an elite talent last year as he dominated through U17 worlds.

I watched him again last night and will say this

If you're a wrestler who has beaten Lockett or outplaced him at a tournament, save the picture/bracket because I'm not sure those items will ever be available again.

I watched Dee extensively before ... always was a fan of his talent and style. He took his lumps but like I said, it's because the kid wanted matches where maybe he shouldn't win. He was clearly an elite talent last year as he dominated through U17 worlds.

I watched him again last night and will say this

If you're a wrestler who has beaten Lockett or outplaced him at a tournament, save the picture/bracket because I'm not sure those items will ever be available again.
Yeah, he does seem to have jumped levels over the past year

Just a hunch but if Hughes does not or can not make 133 then He will not be wrestling this year. I do not see him at any other weight in the lineup and frankly it is hard to blame him. He could not make 133 last year or at least at the end of last year and has to have grown since then. Even if he made 133 would he have the stamina to win.

Just a hunch but if Hughes does not or can not make 133 then He will not be wrestling this year. I do not see him at any other weight in the lineup and frankly it is hard to blame him. He could not make 133 last year or at least at the end of last year and has to have grown since then. Even if he made 133 would he have the stamina to win.
I imagine DT will encourage his guys to wrestleoff at their most comfortable weights. After the best guys are settled, everyone else makes do if you want into the lineup. For Hughes, either he's better than Tagen (assuming he wants to stay 141, I heard he's pretty big) or suck it up and make 133 for this year.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I imagine DT will encourage his guys to wrestleoff at their most comfortable weights. After the best guys are settled, everyone else makes do if you want into the lineup. For Hughes, either he's better than Tagen (assuming he wants to stay 141, I heard he's pretty big) or suck it up and make 133 for this year.
exactly. Win your preferred weight or find a weight.

A lot of what I’ve seen suggested Jamison had issues with the cut to 141 last year and that contributed to him fading down the stretch. Would rather see guys at a healthy and sustainable weight because it seems like those are the guys who don’t struggle come March.

I would hope/bet the new staff is more in tune with what makes an ideal weight and how to maintain it healthily. John seemed like a “tough it out you’ll be fine” kind of guy regarding weight… but then also was hands off with letting some guys get too heavy between active periods. Far from an expert, just vibes. My hope would be that if Jamison’s cut hurt him at the end, but he still wants to go 141, then the coaching staff has better ways to keep him on track and it will be more of a partnership throughout the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT