ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

I've been out of touch for several days due to Hurricane Helene. It hit the mountain region of SC/NC very hard. I've seen some nasty stuff in my 60 years, but man, that was one helluva wind and rain storm. I guess I'm grateful that I only lost power for two days and only three trees. My wife and I try to do a weekend vacation at least once a year in Chimney Rock, NC. It's a quaint little town on both sides of the Broad River in a mountain pass. I guess you guys know where I'm going with this. This past week, they got two feet of rain in a very mountainous area. I "only" got a foot. So anyway, the entire town was wiped off the face of the Earth on Friday. I mean cleaned down to the foundations and then some. The river doubled its channel in half a day. So it's been crazy. See link below. Posting with a phone hotspot. I hope everyone there is safe. A crazy world.

Sorry for the off topic post.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/video-chimney-rock-destroyed-helene-flooding-north-carolina
Hopefully everyone is doing the best they can and glad you got out of there ok.

I've been out of touch for several days due to Hurricane Helene. It hit the mountain region of SC/NC very hard. I've seen some nasty stuff in my 60 years, but man, that was one helluva wind and rain storm. I guess I'm grateful that I only lost power for two days and only three trees. My wife and I try to do a weekend vacation at least once a year in Chimney Rock, NC. It's a quaint little town on both sides of the Broad River in a mountain pass. I guess you guys know where I'm going with this. This past week, they got two feet of rain in a very mountainous area. I "only" got a foot. So anyway, the entire town was wiped off the face of the Earth on Friday. I mean cleaned down to the foundations and then some. The river doubled its channel in half a day. So it's been crazy. See link below. Posting with a phone hotspot. I hope everyone there is safe. A crazy world.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/video-chimney-rock-destroyed-helene-flooding-north-carolina
I've got a very good friend I knew in Atlanta and she is trapped, we think, in a mountain house outside Brevard. No one has heard from her since Thursday after lunch. We're pretty sure they're just stuck in the house with out power or cell service and the roads are impassable. But we don't know.

Pennstate1985, I'm glad you have power and hope that is a sign my friend will get power before long.. And very glad you're safe!!

The videos and pictures of the devastation are horrendous.

My wife spent this week with her brother in Charlotte. They escaped worst part of the storm but they were without power for two days. She flew home yesterday with no problems.
The devastation in and around Asheville is unbelievable. I have made a couple of visits to those mountains and it is hard to believe the destruction from that area. My BIL loved to stop at Chimney Rock when riding his cycle, in fact, he did that 2 weekends ago.

Reactions: NCcowboy
I've got a very good friend I knew in Atlanta and she is trapped, we think, in a mountain house outside Brevard. No one has heard from her since Thursday after lunch. We're pretty sure they're just stuck in the house with out power or cell service and the roads are impassable. But we don't know.

Pennstate1985, I'm glad you have power and hope that is a sign my friend will get power before long.. And very glad you're safe!!

The videos and pictures of the devastation are horrendous.
I'm sure your friend is fine. I am in a populated area and the phone connections were very iffy until today. I was trying to run a business with hotspot and text only for two days. It was crazy. Every hour I had to go start up the car to charge the phone lol. It is 1000x worse in the mountains I have no doubt. Brevard county (Transylvania I believe) was hard hit but nothing like the next county over. Do not be overly concerned if she doesn't contact you for several days. They are still in search and rescue mode in NC. It may be a week before they get power and cell service back. Her neighbors will take care of her I have no doubt. Southern hospitality.

Last edited:
Reactions: lookleft goright
My wife spent this week with her brother in Charlotte. They escaped worst part of the storm but they were without power for two days. She flew home yesterday with no problems.
The devastation in and around Asheville is unbelievable. I have made a couple of visits to those mountains and it is hard to believe the destruction from that area. My BIL loved to stop at Chimney Rock when riding his cycle, in fact, he did that 2 weekends ago.
There is (was) a "biker bar & restaurant" in Chimney Rock that we loved to frequent. I'm sure your BIL visited there. Right along the river. Fond memories of that place. I'm sure it no longer exists today and that is sad. It was right next to the river. Wife and I spent Thanksgiving there two years ago just chilling by the Broad River meandering by.

Reactions: skylinepoke
I'm sure your friend is fine. I am in a populated area and the phone connections were very iffy until today. I was trying to run a business with hotspot and text only for two days. It was crazy. It is 1000x worse in the mountains I have no doubt. Brevard county (Transylvania I believe) was hard hit but nothing like the next county over. Do not be overly concerned if she doesn't contact you for several days. They are still in search and rescue mode in NC. It may be a week before they get power and cell service back. Her neighbors will take care of her I have no doubt. Southern hospitality.
Thanks Pennstate1985 for your caring assurance!! I feel she is just fine….i just have to be patient!

Thanks Pennstate1985 for your caring assurance!! I feel she is just fine….i just have to be patient!
There were times when I had to go outside to text because the signal was so poor, and I live in an area (Upstate SC) with a million people. The mountains already have so-so service, so I can only imagine that she is more frustrated than you. I felt like I had returned to the stone ages but without the ability to create fire. I read books and did a puzzle until darkness fell and then went to bed at 8pm. Nothing else to do in the dark.

Landon won 6 to 1 over Miller. A takedown, escape riding time point and a stalling point. Pretty dominant with great pressure and defense.
Villasenor won 7 to 5 over Munaretto who they announced is a 2 time under 17 World Champion. Very good win with him getting a takedown, reversal, escape and riding time point. Ignacio seemed better on his feet on top and on the bottom. Looks like a great prospect.

Villasenor won 7 to 5 over Munaretto who they announced is a 2 time under 17 World Champion. Very good win with him getting a takedown, reversal, escape and riding time point. Ignacio seemed better on his feet on top and on the bottom. Looks like a great prospect.
Jax wins 7 to 3 over Seth Mendoza with lots of scrambling with Jax getting 2 takedowns and an escape.

Jax wins 7 to 3 over Seth Mendoza with lots of scrambling with Jax getting 2 takedowns and an escape.
Dee won 9 to 3 over bigger Burton with 2 takedowns, a reversal and 1 point riding time. Solid win with Dee never in trouble. Announcers wondered if he would go under the bigger wrestler and Dee did and got a reversal in a few seconds.

I watched some Jaeden Adams matches on the internet and he looks like a division 1 prospect but I don't know how good his opponents are being junior high wrestlers. He is Dee Lockett's half brother maybe? Any one have a grasp of how good he is? Also Levi Smith will be a freshman at Stillwater High school but don't see any real good results. Do we have some real good young wrestlers coming up in the Cowboy wrestling club?

Reactions: AtownPoke
Jaeden is pretty dang good. i had him #1 at his weight in JR High rankings. Dee speaks glowingly of his ability. but he has yet to focus solely on wrestling (which is why he wasn't at Fargo).
Willie… so how about the breakdown and thoughts on WNO?
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

I figured you were up all night banging it out.

So Robideau is probably a collegiate 157 and Lockett is… whatever the hell he decides he’s gonna be (assume he’s at least starting off as a 165). Gonna be real nice to see guys who hunt points at all times suiting up for OSU in a year or two.
You’d have to think the next few years will look similar to this if Robideau can hold 157.

157-Robideau
165-Routledge
174-Dee

You’d have to think the next few years will look similar to this if Robideau can hold 157.

157-Robideau
165-Routledge
174-Dee
That would be a pretty salty anchor in a lineup. Build around it and off to the races. It'll just take a few years to get a lineup full of these types of guys. By full I mean 7-8 guys competing for AA.

157-Robideau
165-Routledge
174-Dee
Holy cow I can’t believe I forgot Routledge. That’s what I get for trying to take a week off from coffee. That’s a high-ceiling middle weight lineup.

Any chance Routledge and Robideau swap weights? Thought I remembered reading Routledge projecting at either 157/165 back when he flipped.

Holy cow I can’t believe I forgot Routledge. That’s what I get for trying to take a week off from coffee. That’s a high-ceiling middle weight lineup.

Any chance Routledge and Robideau swap weights? Thought I remembered reading Routledge projecting at either 157/165 back when he flipped.
I don’t have an answer but Kody has been heavier to this point.

157-Robideau
165-Routledge
174-Dee
Thought I saw on Willies Rokfin page that Robideau is going 150 at S32? So I'd say chances are high he can stay 57 if he doesn't get taller.

Robideau (LRob as I like to call him) will most likely RS behind TT nest year and be a MONSTER for 4 years! Saw some potential future line ups earlier in the thread and I see Iggy V. taking over for Spratley in a few years, kid is gonna be amazing! Have to remember Spratley and Jamison have 3 years eligibility left counting this year. Hughes has 4 years and he WILL be good, especially when he gets stronger. If we get a Jax or Blaze or even a Bo we could see a log jam of psu proportions if none want to RS. Won't that be nice lol?

Thought I saw on Willies Rokfin page that Robideau is going 150 at S32? So I'd say chances are high he can stay 57 if he doesn't get taller.

Robideau (LRob as I like to call him) will most likely RS behind TT nest year and be a MONSTER for 4 years! Saw some potential future line ups earlier in the thread and I see Iggy V. taking over for Spratley in a few years, kid is gonna be amazing! Have to remember Spratley and Jamison have 3 years eligibility left counting this year. Hughes has 4 years and he WILL be good, especially when he gets stronger. If we get a Jax or Blaze or even a Bo we could see a log jam of psu proportions if none want to RS. Won't that be nice lol?
Exactly

Reactions: Howie_Fartz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT