ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

This is all coming through them at this point. Some of the most plugged in guys over there are pushing it. Fingers crossed.

I guess the actual message is that it’s someone Cael REALLY wanted. That narrows it down but it could extend to guys like Stewart as well. Who knows
There is no good reason for the PSU board to mention the "fish that got away" if it wasn't real. I also agree with McScoreley. This is one of the big 2 imo since Bassett has another 8 months to go with his sweepstakes game. It's either Blaze or Forrest. I'm leaning Forrest.

You’re the man
Wait, this morning I WAS THE MAN.

200w.gif

Somebody get my agent on the line ...

There is no good reason for the PSU board to mention the "fish that got away" if it wasn't real. I also agree with McScoreley. This is one of the big 2 imo since Bassett has another 8 months to go with his sweepstakes game. It's either Blaze or Forrest. I'm leaning Forrest.
Plot Twist: Bassett has been fooling us all into thinking he's long dragging it. He wants people to be lulled into a state of "I don't care"

Next week, he'll say I am eliminating 19 and post an Oklahoma State edit.

The kid is full of surprises!

Reactions: DPJ and AtownPoke
PSU's actual wrestling board is dead on 247 but there is a thread on the football board that is active and thus people (me included) gravitate to that.

There is this poster named alb409, he is as plugged in as you can get. You could tell me he is Cael and I might believe you (it's not but it's clearly someone who would have a direct line to Cael)

He doesn't post much because to be honest, you want to show you aren't an open book (that's how people stop trusting you) but also because some posters are absolute assholes to people who provide free information if it's not good news and/or if it turns out to be wrong (his information basically never is) He tends to only post good news (Starocci will go at NCAAs, Kerkvliet is coming back)

He just said "DT got one" and he'll let the kid announce (so no DMing him won't work haha)

PSU's actual wrestling board is dead on 247 but there is a thread on the football board that is active and thus people (me included) gravitate to that.

There is this poster named alb409, he is as plugged in as you can get. You could tell me he is Cael and I might believe you (it's not but it's clearly someone who would have a direct line to Cael)

He doesn't post much because to be honest, you want to show you aren't an open book (that's how people stop trusting you) but also because some posters are absolute assholes to people who provide free information if it's not good news and/or if it turns out to be wrong (his information basically never is) He tends to only post good news (Starocci will go at NCAAs, Kerkvliet is coming back)

He just said "DT got one" and he'll let the kid announce (so no DMing him won't work haha)

Me likey

Reactions: McScoreley
Also I found the thread McSoreley was talking about. The guy said that he thought it wouldn’t happen til after the weekend so looks like we’ll have to wait a few days

Also I found the thread McSoreley was talking about. The guy said that he thought it wouldn’t happen til after the weekend so looks like we’ll have to wait a few days
Shoot, my bad, I never posted the link.

FYI, to clear up confusion. The guy who posted he heard it was Luke Lilledahl was responding to posts about Iowa offering a PSU kid 500K (which is why the alb409 shut that one down) so keep your hands off of him 😜

Cael posted a few times on the "On the Mats" forum in its heydey early in his tenure. Some random poster had a specific and touching interaction with Cael, and this poster comes out of the woodwork and thanks the random poster in a way that told you it was Cael replying. That used to be my favorite wrestling board but it changed hands and went to crap.

Cael posted a few times on the "On the Mats" forum in its heydey early in his tenure. Some random poster had a specific and touching interaction with Cael, and this poster comes out of the woodwork and thanks the randon poster in a way that told you it was Cael replying. That used to be my favorite wrestling board but it changed hands and went to crap.
Okay guys - I confess, I am Cael.

AMA

Why are you taking all the wrestling championships for yourself? Did you never learn to share as a kid?
I share!!! It's not like I went 15/15 during my years here and do you guys not see that I just let DT get a really big recruit (that's exactly what happened here, I let him, he didn't beat me out for him so make sure you are documenting this for the record)

Could it also be a flip in someone who may be on the PSU team already? Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kasak left. He MAY be shut out of a spot, which is wild, but it's the reality.

Yeah, on PSU 247 the big wrestling thread is on “Lions Pride” board (I.e. the main, free FB board). “On the Mats” is sleepy

PSU Rivals is about the only PSU site where the stand-alone wrestling board truly thrives with multiple conversations going on. When the guys who set up On3 left rivals, they coyly implied that the Rivals board would die. Pretty underhanded stuff as I think they wanted to sucker rivals posters over. Didn’t really work. The On3 wrestling board is like the lame, diluted “cola” version of the Rivals (Classic Coke) board.

Of course, Hawkeye Report is like the Mountain Dew with moonshine board.

I wonder if the "DT got one", which originally said, "DT flipped one" is actually Dake. I say that because I believe Dake is at U20 Worlds right now, and supposedly this won't come out until after the weekend. So while all this applies to wrestlers, the same scenario applies to Dake. The "flipped" is the weird original comment. If it was Jax, there would be no flip involved. If it was a current PSU team member, guys in-the-know would know it. So my current thinking is Dake. He was supposed to decide in September, and it's September.

Edit: autocorrect made Dake into Duke lol. I just noticed it. Sorry for the confusion. I meant Dake.

Last edited:
Reactions: tom_v31 and DPJ
I wonder if the "DT got one", which originally said, "DT flipped one" is actually Dake. I say that because Dake is at U20 Worlds right now, and supposedly this won't come out until after the weekend. So while all this applies to wrestlers, the same scenario applies to Dake. The "flipped" is the weird original comment. If it was Jax, there would be no flip involved. If it was a current PSU team member, guys in-the-know would know it. So my current thinking is Dake. He was supposed to decide in September, and it's September.
Do you sleep at night at all or just lay in bed thinking up these type situations? You may need to have a few beers before bed, it may help you sleep some! haha Kidding! So, I may have missed it, but the original post said "flipped"?

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Do you sleep at night at all or just lay in bed thinking up these type situations? You may need to have a few beers before bed, it may help you sleep some! haha Kidding! So, I may have missed it, but the original post said "flipped"?
Alcohol has the opposite effect on me at night. I'm just an early riser, morning type person. You should have seen the email I sent to my business attorney at 6am lol.

Yeah alb said DT flipped one and then almost immediately edited and said DT got one

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I don’t know. Way overthinking it but “got one” doesn’t make sense to me and it being an RTC athlete. DT has already taken RTC coaches and athletes so the phrasing of that would be kind of odd if it’s Dake.

Also didn’t the poster say he didn’t want to spoil the kids announcement or am I making that up.

I don’t know. Way overthinking it but “got one” doesn’t make sense to me and it being an RTC athlete. DT has already taken RTC coaches and athletes so the phrasing of that would be kind of odd if it’s Dake.

Also didn’t the poster say he didn’t want to spoil the kids announcement or am I making that up.
You’re correct on all counts. It’s not Dake. It’s either Duke, Jax, Blaze or….. it’s bad info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT