ADVERTISEMENT

Historic Wrestling Comparison - Cowboys, Hawks, Lions

CowboyTanker

Starter
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
I was thinking about a challenge for the next decade or so for the three dominant wrestling programs...

40 before 30 or 20

This translates to: can we get to 40 Championships before Iowa gets to 30 or Penn State gets to 20?

I started this comparison (linked below) between Oklahoma State and Iowa in 2006 and forgot about it. With the new challenge of 40 before 30 or 20, I decided to update it.

It's hard to find some information such as: how many individual All-Americans make up total All-Americans. OSU has it spelled out clearly, but I didn't find it easily with the other two.

Please let me know of any errors you find that need correcting.

So much of our championship history is before freshmen were eligible.....just think of our numbers had they been!

Last edited:
I was thinking about a challenge for the next decade or so for the three dominant wrestling programs...

40 before 30 or 20

This translates to: can we get to 40 Championships before Iowa gets to 30 or Penn State gets to 20?

I started this comparison (linked below) between Oklahoma State and Iowa in 2006 and forgot about it. With the new challenge of 40 before 30 or 20, I decided to update it.

It's hard to find some information such as: how many individual All-Americans make up total All-Americans. OSU has it spelled out clearly, but I didn't find it easily with the other two.

So much of our championship history is before freshmen were eligible.....just think of our numbers had they been!

Outstanding research. Very interesting. Thank you for compiling!

Reactions: CowboyTanker
@CowboyTanker you are right and I’ve actually never thought about it.

I think we should take a deeper look at all those years we didn’t win it, then claim those titles in lieu of ignorance and oppression of the ignorant and oppressive NCAA.

Reactions: AtownPoke

40 before 30 or 20

Tanker can we add Olympic Medals, World Championships, and maybe even UFC champions to the comparison please?? I love this stuff. Pure facts.

Reactions: AtownPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT