ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go - WrestleStats is ready for another season

andegre

All-American
May 18, 2004
Well, after ALOT of late nights, I finally have everything ready for the next season. There was WAY more work than I anticipated just to be able to have multiple seasons available on the site.

What's new?
1) The look of some of the pages have changed. There are still some pages that haven't been transitioned to the new style, but the majority have been.

2) Multiple years of match results. From now going forward, I'll have data from the 2013-2014 season, and everything after that. This will be beneficial when viewing common opponents so you'll be able to see a wrestlers entire collegiate career.

3) Transfers. If you are logged in to the site, you have the ability to transfer a wrestler to another team. For example, Steven Micic from Northwestern transfered to Michigan. If you go to the wrestlers profile page, then click on his name in the black title bar (where it says "Click to edit") you can then edit some information, including the team that he is tied to for the current season.

4) Has Redshirted/Is Redshirting/Starter status. These options are also available from the wrestler edit page. For example, if a wrestler is a true freshman this year, then odds are they will be taking a redshirt. Therefore, the "IsRedshirting" flag needs checked. This will help me correctly increment the wrestlers class/eligibility year when we transition to the next season. HasRedshirting is just like it sounds, if the wrestler has taken a redshirt already this can be checked. This is more of a handy indication, has no bearing on the current season. Starter status, this just indicates that a wrestler is designated as a starter for this season.

5) Re-designed Wrestler and Team pages. I did not like how the team/roster page was the same place where you would change a wrestlers weight, class, or deleted them altogether. That has been transitioned to the wrestler edit page. The roster page is now a view only page. The new team page is where you can update information about the team, like their nickname, and short name (which will be used in the near future). There will be more fields added to both team and wrestler pages in the future, but for now, that's all that's available.

6) Ranking history. The data is there, but you can't see it yet (the pages will be added next). When viewing a wrestler or team page, you will be able to click on the ranking and see the history of the ranking all the way back to 2013-2014 (for team), or as far back as the wrestlers career goes. This will allow you to view how each wrestler has improved throughout their career. Like I said, I already have the data generated, I just need to create the page to display it, shouldn't take more than 1 night of work to complete.

Also, the preseason rankings are out, but there are a few that are off. How were they calculated? Previous year NCAA results, using a scale of 1st = 2000, 2nd = 1975, 3rd = 1950, 4th = 1925, 5th = 1900, 6th = 1875, 7th = 1850, 8th = 1825, R12 = 1800. Then, the remaining wrestlers were assigned there point value from the previous season. There are some wrestlers that still need tweaked since they didn't reach the R12 at the tournment, but yet were ranked higher than 1800 (ie Dylan Peters at 125). Those will get updated the next night I work (they'll get moved down to 1775).

One last thing, I noticed after trying to update the starters for Iowa that it's more painful with the new style to set the 10 starters (since you have to go "edit" each wrestler to toggle their starter status, vs the old way that had it all on the roster page). I may add another page to update the starters all from a single page.

As always, if any of you have any feedback, please feel free to let me know. Positive and negative feedback are both appreciated.

I know some of you have provided feedback in the past, and if I haven't implemented it yet, I have NOT forgotten about it, just trying to prioritize everything I have, and get the site ready as fast as possible.

Thanks again! Get ready for another fun season.

http://www.wrestlestats.com

Well, after ALOT of late nights, I finally have everything ready for the next season. There was WAY more work than I anticipated just to be able to have multiple seasons available on the site.

What's new?
1) The look of some of the pages have changed. There are still some pages that haven't been transitioned to the new style, but the majority have been.

2) Multiple years of match results. From now going forward, I'll have data from the 2013-2014 season, and everything after that. This will be beneficial when viewing common opponents so you'll be able to see a wrestlers entire collegiate career.

3) Transfers. If you are logged in to the site, you have the ability to transfer a wrestler to another team. For example, Steven Micic from Northwestern transfered to Michigan. If you go to the wrestlers profile page, then click on his name in the black title bar (where it says "Click to edit") you can then edit some information, including the team that he is tied to for the current season.

4) Has Redshirted/Is Redshirting/Starter status. These options are also available from the wrestler edit page. For example, if a wrestler is a true freshman this year, then odds are they will be taking a redshirt. Therefore, the "IsRedshirting" flag needs checked. This will help me correctly increment the wrestlers class/eligibility year when we transition to the next season. HasRedshirting is just like it sounds, if the wrestler has taken a redshirt already this can be checked. This is more of a handy indication, has no bearing on the current season. Starter status, this just indicates that a wrestler is designated as a starter for this season.

5) Re-designed Wrestler and Team pages. I did not like how the team/roster page was the same place where you would change a wrestlers weight, class, or deleted them altogether. That has been transitioned to the wrestler edit page. The roster page is now a view only page. The new team page is where you can update information about the team, like their nickname, and short name (which will be used in the near future). There will be more fields added to both team and wrestler pages in the future, but for now, that's all that's available.

6) Ranking history. The data is there, but you can't see it yet (the pages will be added next). When viewing a wrestler or team page, you will be able to click on the ranking and see the history of the ranking all the way back to 2013-2014 (for team), or as far back as the wrestlers career goes. This will allow you to view how each wrestler has improved throughout their career. Like I said, I already have the data generated, I just need to create the page to display it, shouldn't take more than 1 night of work to complete.

Also, the preseason rankings are out, but there are a few that are off. How were they calculated? Previous year NCAA results, using a scale of 1st = 2000, 2nd = 1975, 3rd = 1950, 4th = 1925, 5th = 1900, 6th = 1875, 7th = 1850, 8th = 1825, R12 = 1800. Then, the remaining wrestlers were assigned there point value from the previous season. There are some wrestlers that still need tweaked since they didn't reach the R12 at the tournment, but yet were ranked higher than 1800 (ie Dylan Peters at 125). Those will get updated the next night I work (they'll get moved down to 1775).

One last thing, I noticed after trying to update the starters for Iowa that it's more painful with the new style to set the 10 starters (since you have to go "edit" each wrestler to toggle their starter status, vs the old way that had it all on the roster page). I may add another page to update the starters all from a single page.

As always, if any of you have any feedback, please feel free to let me know. Positive and negative feedback are both appreciated.

I know some of you have provided feedback in the past, and if I haven't implemented it yet, I have NOT forgotten about it, just trying to prioritize everything I have, and get the site ready as fast as possible.

Thanks again! Get ready for another fun season.

http://www.wrestlestats.com
Thanks for all your work! I forgot my password-how do I change it?

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
Thanks for all your work! I forgot my password-how do I change it?
Thanks

Under the "Profile" menu in the upper-right, there's a "Forgot Password" link. You have to enter your email address, it will send you a confirmation link (if that email address is registered). Click the link and you can enter a new password (without having to remember your old one).

With three #1 rankings we do not have a whole lot of upside, but with the movement of Collica going down to 149 there is a pretty big lift there and if I were to rank CM @ 157 with his body of work last year at 165 I would put him at 4th to 8th place so this looks very doable if he can manage the weight. I noticed that Andegre missed Chance in his rankings.

I noticed that there were two wrestlers ranked from Wisconsin and Mizzou ranked ahead of Harding. I think Harding has a little more upside as he was a grossly undersized 133 pounder last year and did a little better towards the end of the year. Also he may not even be the starter as Kaid Brock will be competitive there. We do have some upside here at 133.

I am sure that Penn State may have a few things where they could perform a little better as well. I see that McIntosh was ranked second behind Snyder from Ohio State whom I think is taking an Olympic Redshirt year.

Looks like an interesting year for my Cowboys!

Andegre your website is awesome and I am not even using its full functionality!

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
Thanks someone on the guillotine mentioned mar stellar not being ranked, I'll check that out and get it fixed, hopefully tonight

Thanks

Under the "Profile" menu in the upper-right, there's a "Forgot Password" link. You have to enter your email address, it will send you a confirmation link (if that email address is registered). Click the link and you can enter a new password (without having to remember your old one).
ThANKS!

Thanks someone on the guillotine mentioned mar stellar not being ranked, I'll check that out and get it fixed, hopefully tonight
It looks like some of th Marsteller info is under Michael Martin. I looked Palacio to see if you had CMs result against him and it was Martin, also Martin v Sulzer instead of CM.

CM appears to be in a much better place mentally and physically this year than he was at this time of the year last year.

Most importantly his weight is on point and he came back in great shape.

CM appears to be in a much better place mentally and physically this year than he was at this time of the year last year.

Most importantly his weight is on point and he came back in great shape.
That would be great news and contrary to what I have heard. I hope you or your sources are correct.

If Chance can wrestle at 157 like he did 165 last year this is the team to beat. It was a very tough pull for him last year and I doubt he shrank.

If Chance can wrestle at 157 like he did 165 last year this is the team to beat. It was a very tough pull for him last year and I doubt he shrank.

He showed up after a summer away refreshed and weighing in at 165. It was a good surprise. If he can stay in a healthy place mentally and physically 157 is a manageable cut for him and the sky is the limit in that class.

He is a great kid that hasn't had things easy in his life and hopefully he has found a good place in Stillwater to reach his potential.

Hey everyone, Marstellar shows up now, and the errors with the 141, 149, and 157 rankings are now fixed.

It looks like some of th Marsteller info is under Michael Martin. I looked Palacio to see if you had CMs result against him and it was Martin, also Martin v Sulzer instead of CM.
April, can you elaborate on this? Are you saying all of Marstellar's match results were on Martin's profile? (That would make sense since it looked like Marstellar was completely removed from the system and I had to re-create him last night). If that's the case, then I can just transfer over the match results to the new Marstellar profile.

I just checked Martin's profile, looks like, for last season, he has match results for 3 different weights, 149, 157, and 165. Does it make sense that all of the 157 and 165 match results are supposed to be for Marstellar?

April, can you elaborate on this? Are you saying all of Marstellar's match results were on Martin's profile? (That would make sense since it looked like Marstellar was completely removed from the system and I had to re-create him last night). If that's the case, then I can just transfer over the match results to the new Marstellar profile.

I just checked Martin's profile, looks like, for last season, he has match results for 3 different weights, 149, 157, and 165. Does it make sense that all of the 157 and 165 match results are supposed to be for Marstellar?
I'm not sure about all of the results, but at least a few martins results were actually Marstellers.

He showed up after a summer away refreshed and weighing in at 165. It was a good surprise. If he can stay in a healthy place mentally and physically 157 is a manageable cut for him and the sky is the limit in that class.

He is a great kid that hasn't had things easy in his life and hopefully he has found a good place in Stillwater to reach his potential.

I think everyone feels that the talent is there to AA his freshmen year. You do not become a 4 time Pennsylvania State Champ with talent alone so the work ethic is there also. It is interesting how going off to college changes some things for people. Stepping into the OK State wrestling room and battling Ringer would certainly knock most wrestlers down a notch or two. Chance went from not having a competitive bout in years to getting pounded daily. Not sure that I would have been mentally tough enough to come back from that, but through the years many Oklahoma State wrestlers have.
Even Johny Hendricks could not make the team his redshirt freshman year until he went to the National duals and beat the defending national champion.
I will be cheering for Chance as much as anyone. This team is in a position to win it all and Chance will be a major piece of that.

The chemistry has been right in the room the past four years and if we improve (and stay healthy) through the year like we have the past four I feel that we will bring home #35 this year!

Reactions: osu2082
I see that Blaise Butler that wrestled for Virginia now shows up as wrestling for Missouri. Did he graduate and have a year of eligibility left and go to MO?

He was the guy that Crutchmer beat to put him into the catbirds seat at the NCAA tourney last year. He will be tough at 174 for anybody.

He for sure transferred and I think he did graduate, but not positive. Both him and grant Leeth transferred to Mizz about the same time.

I was just looking at the wrestle stats site and noticed how brutal the room will be at 141. Listed at 141 are the following: Dolan, Lemon, Hone, Heil, Schumaker, Olsen, Lewallen, Moran and Magaldo! Wow!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT