ADVERTISEMENT

Gym pet peeves

Farting. Maybe I'm just unlucky, because I seem to walk into them at Walmart enough.....but I hate to get crop dusted while trying to work out.

Grunting like you are passing a large rock. Cmon man....

Those that aren't really working out, just posing for the picture that will never be taken....

And lastly...

The really sweaty guy that really sweats and then really doesn't wipe it up. Again...cmon man...

I spend a little time each trip reracking the weights so they are even on each side. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

I spend some time evening weights. I wonder if it's some kinda OC thing. Can't help myself.

Farting. Maybe I'm just unlucky, because I seem to walk into them at Walmart enough.....but I hate to get crop dusted while trying to work out.

Grunting like you are passing a large rock. Cmon man....

Those that aren't really working out, just posing for the picture that will never be taken....

And lastly...

The really sweaty guy that really sweats and then really doesn't wipe it up. Again...cmon man...
Oh man... I thought I was going to be the last guy on your list until I read that it's OK to sweat everywhere if you wipe it up.

I sweat like I'm morbidly obese.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I re-rack half the weights, leaving half. I think it sends a clearer message.

Oh, I will definitely leave a few, if I think the lazy-ass perp is in the area and could possibly feel a degree of remorse (doubtful). The focus of my statement above is on stacking what weight I do re-rack, in a uniform, symmetrical manner. A little lawnmower man/rainman action.

Oh, I will definitely leave a few, if I think the lazy-ass perp is in the area and could possibly feel a degree of remorse (doubtful). The focus of my statement above is on stacking what weight I do re-rack, in a uniform, symmetrical manner. A little lawnmower man/rainman action.

Oh I get it. I also cannot stand big plates on top of small ones in the rack. Or really, any different sized plates on the same peg. It's freaking chaos.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Circuit trainers annoyed me. "Hey man, I've still got a few sets left on that" - after they return to "their" setup after a ten minute absence, and always with a surprised look on their face. I'm cool with it during off peak hours.

Here's my circuit advice: if you do it (and I do), try to make it a really short workout. And, be fully aware of you surroundings. If someone wants one of the things in your rotation, apologize and surrender the gear. Then, adapt the remainder of your workout the best you can.

It's not that complicated.

I can't stand the douche bags who have to have the cell phone with them while they work out. Especially the idiots who, in between reps, decides they have to get on their freaking cell phone!!! I approached a guy last week and asked if he was done and could I use the equipment he was on and he said, "I got another rep left, so as soon as I finish sending this email, I'll get to my last rep." Grrrr........

I'm one of those douche bags that has his phone with me when I work out. I log my routines and have automatic countdowns for rest times between sets on it. I get tons of dirty looks over it too by people that assume that I'm texting, emailing, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT