ADVERTISEMENT

Guvna De Tejas

osuintx

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2004
Listened to Colonel West this am- I'm looking for a few things:

1. Border- Abbot has 500 down there - think we have 30 000 Troops they should all
Or most all be there. Abbott did zero till it was election time. He's sucked on the power grid which should NEVER fail with Tx resources.

2. Abbott is a big govt establishment Repub- I want an end to property taxes- Govt should run WAY WAY WAY more lean - sick of big govt.

That's what I'm looking for- West and Huffines talking about stronger border and end to property taxes- talk is cheap ...let's hear specifics. It's total Communist to pay money to live in a house you own- Marxist.

Two party system is broke- Republicans put bubble gum in the dike to stop the flooding- dims take it out...wheels of the bus go round and round

People from states with no income tax complaining about property taxes is strange.
I own 15 small rental houses and pay over $30,000 a year in property taxes. It doesn't matter where the taxes come from it matters how much they are. Again my point is government waste and spend so so much money the government should run lean and there's should be no property taxes and no income tax.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
We should pay sales taxes on a vehicle once. We tax cars, boats, trailers, goods, gas et al....we pay govt bureaucrats tons to line their pockets and waste it- lean up the leadership

What all else we waste money on? It's outta control- people cant afford rent bc or prop taxes- Abbott and speaker Dade Phelan and evening the state senate did NOTHING to shrink govt size- it's stupid what we are paying

I own 15 small rental houses and pay over $30,000 a year in property taxes. It doesn't matter where the taxes come from it matters how much they are. Again my point is government waste and spend so so much money the government should run lean and there's should be no property taxes and no income tax.
You rich ol codger

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
You rich ol codger
Could be way better off without the govt theft for sure- just work now to pay off uncle sam so he can waste it and give to whomever he's chooses helps his narrative....but missed the point- no one should have to pay that theft- then only reason rent gets raised is bc of the theft. People could be paying 2-300 less per month easy- I'd rather they use that money than a rogue govt. just IMO

Reactions: driad
I wish non politicians would get into the fray and speak like Trump- ZERO property taxes....ZERO income taxes....Government needs to make TONS of cuts and run super lean- ZERO deciding who's essential or not...Zero mandate any BS scare tactics by the media.....out the Feds in their place as they were created by the states to o ly deal with international commerce- they have been overreaching and the Fin bureaucrats have been doing nothing to stop it

I’ll be the first to say that I don’t think the government needs any more money to waste. An average family can save $8000 to $9000 a year in personal income tax living in Texas or Florida. They’re going to get you one way or the other.

I don’t live in Texas, but I am very familiar with it because my wife is from Richardson and my daughter currently lives there.

Reactions: SUPERPOKES
When we moved into our home in 1994 our property tax was $2300 a year, in 2021 it's right at $9000. That's ridiculous.
What‘s the value of your home now compared to when you bought it? I bought my house 15 years ago and it has nearly doubled in value. Thus, im paying nearly double the amount of taxes on it.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Property and income tax are theft- we pay enough gas, DMV, retail etc- don't need career politicians with pensions- got to have term limits and NO retirement to bureaucrats paid for from our taxes

While I agree with many of West's positions, the fact he is not a true Texan concerns me greatly. IMO to understand Texas one must be bred, born and raised in Texas.
Bred born and raised Texas?!?! Bwahahahaha

Man I hope Texas succeeds, I really do. Hahahahahahahaha

What‘s the value of your home now compared to when you bought it? I bought my house 15 years ago and it has nearly doubled in value. Thus, im paying nearly double the amount of taxes on it.

While the value of our home has gone up it is an unrealized gain and there in lies my problem. I've talked to a couple of our neighbors that have been here as long as we have. One's husband is suffering from the early onset of dementia, naturally he can no longer work and requires special medical care. She is still working but can barely make ends meet even though her house is paid. She is still several years from being able to file for her age 65 exemption and if the taxes go up much more she will be forced to sell. Of the others they all want to retire but can not afford it without selling their homes because of the taxes. When your house is paid off and it still cost you $1200 to $1500 a month in just taxes and insurance there is a problem, especially when so many out there pay next to nothing. Not to mention the massive number of illegal alien children we are being forced to educate with those tax dollars.

While the value of our home has gone up it is an unrealized gain and there in lies my problem. I've talked to a couple of our neighbors that have been here as long as we have. One's husband is suffering from the early onset of dementia, naturally he can no longer work and requires special medical care. She is still working but can barely make ends meet even though her house is paid. She is still several years from being able to file for her age 65 exemption and if the taxes go up much more she will be forced to sell. Of the others they all want to retire but can not afford it without selling their homes because of the taxes. When your house is paid off and it still cost you $1200 to $1500 a month in just taxes and insurance there is a problem, especially when so many out there pay next to nothing. Not to mention the massive number of illegal alien children we are being forced to educate with those tax dollars.
Bingo

I guess I might feel the same if I were not proud of the state I was raised.
No, it's an archaic bullshit ROT attitude that you mirror as "proud of the state I was raised". I love Oklahoma, do I want them outside of the US, nah.

Back on topic, no income tax and bitching about property tax is laughable.

No, it's an archaic bullshit ROT attitude that you mirror as "proud of the state I was raised". I love Oklahoma, do I want them outside of the US, nah.

Why?

What makes you think they're entitled to our money? Do not you think we pay enough taxes already- you really want to donate a bunch? Do you work for the government? If you want to donate- be our guest....but to mandate we work so they can take our money and you support it is the laughable part

What makes you think they're entitled to our money? Do not you think we pay enough taxes already- you really want to donate a bunch? Do you work for the government? If you want to donate- be our guest....but to mandate we work so they can take our money and you support it is the laughable part
Where was the support?

What support? You said to talk about no income or property taxes is laughable - I think it's totally worth getting done so I assumed wrong you support it? Or are you just saying there's no way to change it?
Where was the support?

Without realizing it you make my point, you don't have the first clue about Texans.

Without realizing it you make my point, you don't have the first clue about Texans.
Without realizing you make my point, as well. Texans are full of archaic rot bullshit pride for no reason.

But, do tell? Please expand? I could use another chuckle.

Majority of us are around plenty of "those types" to see it. Succeed, please lol

Without realizing you make my point, as well. Texans are full of archaic rot bullshit pride for no reason.

But, do tell? Please expand? I could use another chuckle.

Majority of us are around plenty of "those types" to see it. Succeed, please lol
We are an independent people that do not want to rely on government for our existence. We want to be free to fail, succeed and live our lives the way we want. I have failed more than I have succeeded but at no time did I ever look to government or anyone else to bail me out. Ended up doing alright for myself and our family.

Oh and I believe the word you are looking for is SECEDE not succeed.

Reactions: osuintx
I'm on mobile, give me a break, I know what the word is and ain't proofreading every damn post.

I'd love to watch the rot fail. Funny how government goes away if you leave?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT