ADVERTISEMENT

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 [81% fresh]

You are all such nerds. Not cool Trek or Star Wars nerds (some of you are like me), but uber superhero nerds that flat out intimidates me. That being said:

1) is Groot female now?
2) Deadpool is not only the best superhero movie of all time, it's one of the best films of all time.
3) is Ant Man worth watching if I'm bored with half of these genre films? I did enjoy CW, GoG, etc.

You are all such nerds. Not cool Trek or Star Wars nerds (some of you are like me), but uber superhero nerds that flat out intimidates me. That being said:

1) is Groot female now?
2) Deadpool is not only the best superhero movie of all time, it's one of the best films of all time.
3) is Ant Man worth watching if I'm bored with half of these genre films? I did enjoy CW, GoG, etc.

I think Ant Man is a pretty good film. Not great.

IMO, it is the opposite of Deadpool. Deadpool is the Marvel movie that pushes the envelope as far as ratings go. It is the bloodiest one, with the worst language and the most sex.

Ant Man is the most kid friendly, IMO. Even the bad guy is not all that scary. Of course, there are a lot of pet-like ants in the film also. The film has enough good action scenes and a pretty high level of comedy. It is worth the watch.

1) is Groot female now?
Ant-Man is great. Not the best, but really enjoyable. Watch it.

1) is Groot female now?

1. Groot is Groot.....now he is baby Groot.
2. Let's not go overboard.....
3. It's a heist film. Oceans Eleven with super powers. I enjoyed it. Not bad for burning a free hour and a half with nothing else pressing to do.

Just realized how close this is! Wow... less than 2 months now
I am going to have to watch the weather though because I want to hit this one up at the IMAX in Moore and I tend to stay out of Moore the first part of May. They did the same thing with Civil War I think.

I think i'm going tomorrow night.

Post your reviews!

I'm definitely going tomorrow.

In the new recliner theater with state of the art Dolby Atmos sound and a new digital projector system that just opened at the Quail Springs AMC.

I'm definitely going tomorrow.

In the new recliner theater with state of the art Dolby Atmos sound and a new digital projector system that just opened at the Quail Springs AMC.
My friend was just mentioning some new at Quail. Good on them... competing with Penn now

I'm hearing it's good, but not great like the first GotG was.
One friend said he liked it better... top 3 marvel film and most people leaving the theater agreed with him. Funnier, too.

My review.

On par with GOTG Vol. 1.

I will say that this movie has the best Stan Lee cameo of any movie ever.

In fact, it kind of confirms a wacky theory I have had for a while now.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I gave the original a 8.5/10 (for the genre), but I could only muster a 7.5/10 for Volume II. Not that it's not a decent, fun movie, but it suffers by comparison to the first one. When you lead with something as good as the first movie delivered, you kind of set yourself up for a let-down with the sequel. Something tells me that volume III, will be better.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
BTW, Teen Groot totally nailed it: Messy Room, earphones (to ignore parental units), absorbed by video game and surly attitude. My 16 yr old looked at me and broke out laughing, as he knew this had him down to a "T."

Reactions: Been Jammin
It's a worthy sequel, but not as good as the first.

The first one is my favorite Marvel movie.

This one fits in pretty well with the best of Marvel's films though.

Agreed. I was very surprised that this movie did absolutely nothing to advance the infinity stones storyline.

My review.

On par with GOTG Vol. 1.

I'd like to hear that theory. If you don't want to share it here, DM me.

I'd like to hear that theory. If you don't want to share it here, DM me.
Every cameo by Stan Lee in every Marvel movie is the same guy/character. Basically, the character is a "Watcher". One of the big headed guys in GOTG 2. They are tasked with eternally recording the history of the universe, but cannot do anything to change it's course. In the comics, they have a base in the "blue zone" of the moon...on the dark side and has breathable air.

Every cameo by Stan Lee in every Marvel movie is the same guy/character. Basically, the character is a "Watcher". One of the big headed guys in GOTG 2. They are tasked with eternally recording the history of the universe, but cannot do anything to change it's course. In the comics, they have a base in the "blue zone" of the moon...on the dark side and has breathable air.

Interesting theory. So, you are saying that he is one of the Watchers, but is disguised as a human? That would fit with the cameo scene in Vol. 2, but doesn't seem to fit with the post-credits scene where he clearly doesn't seem to be one of their equals and is wondering if they are going to give him a ride "home". It could still fit, though. Kudo's for figuring it out if it turns out you are right. They better film the big reveal now (if they haven't already). No telling how much longer Lee will be with us.

My review.

On par with GOTG Vol. 1.

Looks like you are not the only one with that theory. Just came across this...

21. THE TRUTH OF STAN LEE’S CAMEOS

Marvel fans have enjoyed the always-unexpected appearances from legendary comic creator Stan Lee for years, across studios, universes, and even historical eras. Playing everyday schmoes or high-ranking officials, Lee’s omnipresence has even led fans to theorize that Stan Lee is actually Uatu the Watcher, the member of an ancient race of observers charged with keeping up to the minute on all happenings on the planet Earth. Guardians 2 settles this question once and for all, but stops short of revealing Lee as Uatu himself.

As Rocket and Yondu make their sequence of jumps across space towards Ego, they fly past Stan Lee in a spacesuit, sharing his experiences on Earth to a small gathering of caped, large-headed aliens. These are the Watchers, and as Lee recounts his tales of playing “a Federal Express man” (in Captain America: Civil War) the camera focuses in on one Watcher in particular – who may be the real Uatu. Lee is credited as the Marvel Universe’s Watcher Informant.

BTW, did anyone think they may be setting up a spin-off with Stallone and Ving Rames with a Ravager story line? (I wouldn't doubt that they have at least done some test audiences to see their reaction to such a possibility.)

BTW, did anyone think they may be setting up a spin-off with Stallone and Ving Rames with a Ravager story line? (I wouldn't doubt that they have at least done some test audiences to see their reaction to such a possibility.)
Yes.

Those characters are from the "Original" Guardians of the Galaxy in the comic books (as was Yondu). I doubt they'd do a full spin-off movie, but they will likely be an important part of GOTG 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT