ADVERTISEMENT

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 [81% fresh]

tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008
guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how GotG 2 and AntMan 2 (if it happens) will do with having increased expectations. I loved both, but I also went in thinking they would be neat movies to see.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I wonder how GotG 2 and AntMan 2 (if it happens) will do with having increased expectations. I loved both, but I also went in thinking they would be neat movies to see.
Ant-Man and the Wasp (aka Ant-Man 2) is confirmed for July 6, 2018 :)

http://screencrush.com/ant-man-2-confirmed/

But I agree with your point!! Some movies get unreal expectations like BvS. GotG 2 definitely has high expectations this time around.

Last edited:
I'm very interested to see what other Marvel heroes make an appearance, since they are tying it into Infinity Wars. No evidence that there will be any current members of the Avengers on IMDB, but I still think it might happen. I see that Mantis will be in it. I'm looking forward to seeing her. She became a member of the Avengers in the comics.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
I'm very interested to see what other Marvel heroes make an appearance, since they are tying it into Infinity Wars. No evidence that there will be any current members of the Avengers on IMDB, but I still think it might happen. I see that Mantis will be in it. I'm looking forward to seeing her. She became a member of the Avengers in the comics.
I'll be shocked if Adam Warlock doesn't have a quick cameo.

I'd like to see Nova at some point.

I loved GoG it and Civil War tie for my favorites. I loved the 80's shtick though. I also think the fact it wasn't super hyped helped with people expectations going.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
It could be a mediocre plot and still be fun with that cast.

I guess I'm the only one that thought they'd hit a home run with that movie. I told my friends before it started it would be what the Star Wars prequels could have been.

As to new characters...

They have to bring in Nova at some point... Maybe not until after Infinity War though. The Thanos Initiative was arguably the best Nova storyline, and that's not until after Thanos loses the Infinity Gems.

I wonder if Marvel's new agreement with Sony gives them access to Venom as well as Spider-Man. Venom has been a member of the GoG.

Firelord? He played a semi-prominent role in the Infinity storyline.

I think it would be cool if they ran into Hulk... In the comics he missed Civil War because he was off planet...

As to new characters...

They have to bring in Nova at some point... Maybe not until after Infinity War though. The Thanos Initiative was arguably the best Nova storyline, and that's not until after Thanos loses the Infinity Gems.

I wonder if Marvel's new agreement with Sony gives them access to Venom as well as Spider-Man. Venom has been a member of the GoG.

Firelord? He played a semi-prominent role in the Infinity storyline.

I think it would be cool if they ran into Hulk... In the comics he missed Civil War because he was off planet...
Did you see Hulk was going to be reintroduced during Thor: Ragnorok (Nov 2017)?

Apparently, they are going to address his absence since Age of Ultron.

I'll be shocked if Adam Warlock doesn't have a quick cameo.

I'd like to see Nova at some point.

They could have Warlock in the Dr Strange movie even.

Hmmm...

Strange, Thor, Hulk and Drax have all been established (or will soon). That's 4/5 of the "survivors" from the first fight with Thanos. Firelord being the other. Are we ever going to see the Surfer?

They could have Warlock in the Dr Strange movie even.

Hmmm...

Strange, Thor, Hulk and Drax have all been established (or will soon). That's 4/5 of the "survivors" from the first fight with Thanos. Firelord being the other. Are we ever going to see the Surfer?

Surfer is property of whoever owns FF (Sony?).

There have been some rumblings that Ragnarok will somehow end up sending Hulk into space (Planet Hulk story?) which would seem to make for an easy transition for him to interact with the GOTG.

Thoughts:
They seem to clearly be setting up Planet Hulk or some take on it.

Thor will probably go missing with Rgnorak as well.

Warlock showing up in Strange makes a ton of sense.

I desperately want them to make a deal on Silver Surfer. He really should be in the infinity series. Too important and too ****ing cool not to have.

Thor has had plenty of GoG tie-ins as well. I'd be down with that cameo too.

Is Maphesto confirmed for strange? Also an easy tie to infinity series.

How the hell are they going to deal with all of the celestial beings? I think taking on Thanos is a directing nightmare. Good luck to them.

Reactions: TheRedSon
I don't know what they'll do with the celestials. It's not like they wound up being important in the storyline though. Maybe they just get cut out?

Anyone else think that that Gamora is just smoking hot and her being green just makes her that much hotter?

No. She cut her hand off and flew away in a spaceship.

Even if she had "died"...no one stays dead in the comics.

I wonder if she will "join" the team, or if she will continue to be allied with Thanos. In the first movie, Yondu was a "bad guy" who showed that he had a heart and worked with the GOTG to a degree. Seeing him on that poster makes me think that we will see something similar from him in Vol 2.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Before I saw GOTG, I told my son that the success of the entire movie would likely hinge on one thing........ could they make the raccoon character believable and avoid being "Howard the Duck" bad. Anyone who was alive in the 80's and saw the movie, knows what I'm talking about.

I had to laugh upon seeing Howard stashed away among the collector's items and then his "cameo" during the end credits.

Thanos treats her pretty terribly in the books. I don't doubt that she will be part of the team to some degree.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Yondu was one of the original Guardians in the comic books (or so says a guy I work with who is a big comic book nerd).

Yondu was one of the original Guardians in the comic books (or so says a guy I work with who is a big comic book nerd).

Yes, but he was a very different character than the current Yondu. Really just shared a name.

The original was kind of a very spiritual blue skinned American Indian/Alien

I wonder if she will "join" the team, or if she will continue to be allied with Thanos.
In the first movie, she had a deep hatred for Thanos. Ronan tells Thanos that he's going to destroy Xandar, and then come after him (Thanos). After this exchange via teleconference, he turned to Nebula and questioned whether she dared to stop him. Nebula's response was something to the effect of, "If you kill my father, I will help you destroy a thousand worlds."

Yes, I've watched the movie too many times!

I wonder if she will "join" the team, or if she will continue to be allied with Thanos. In the first movie, Yondu was a "bad guy" who showed that he had a heart and worked with the GOTG to a degree. Seeing him on that poster makes me think that we will see something similar from him in Vol 2.
Supposedly Yondu, Nebula, and Mantis, who wasn't in that last poster, are joining the team for the sequel.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT