ADVERTISEMENT

GOT Finale

Another point once the north decided they want to be independent how do the northerners still get a vote on who gets to be king or better yet how is Bran still eligible to be King. It seems like you either part of the seven Kingdoms or your not.

Realy good point. Though she did spring that tidbit AFTER he had been named king. Pretty smooth.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Realy good point. Though she did spring that tidbit AFTER he had been named king. Pretty smooth.

My employee said that she was surprised that Brienne stayed in KL and that she figured she would have gone to WF to keep Sansa safe. I said that Sansa probably wanted to her to stay in KL and keep Bran safe. That Sansa turned out to be the smartest character in the show.

My employee said that she was surprised that Brienne stayed in KL and that she figured she would have gone to WF to keep Sansa safe. I said that Sansa probably wanted to her to stay in KL and keep Bran safe. That Sansa turned out to be the smartest character in the show.

She had some really good tutors to pull from. Ned, Caitlin, Olena, Tyrion and then Littlefinger and then life altering abuse to put life into perspective.

It played a major role in driving Dani over the edge and creating the conflict for him. If he's just Ned's bastard him and Dani live happily together ever after. Its also the entire reason for Robert's rebellion.

Jon had zero to do with Robert’s rebellion. That happens regardless if Jon is ever born. The whole purpose of Jon being a Targ was to drive Danny a little more over edge. That seems pretty trite for one of the biggest plot points of the show.

Jon had zero to do with Robert’s rebellion. That happens regardless if Jon is ever born. The whole purpose of Jon being a Targ was to drive Danny a little more over edge. That seems pretty trite for one of the biggest plot points of the show.

Robert's rebellion was entirely about the affair between Jon's parents. Maybe Jon didn't need to be born but the story line is the basis of the whole show. I really don't see how Jon not getting to be King invalidates Jon's whole storyline.

They really turned him into a vagina in the final season.

My wife watching the final episode: "Jon is such a pussy now"

I was hoping he'd shred Grey Worm but of course that was too much to ask. He was too busy pouting and moping. All season.

They pretty much transplanted new personalities into 2/3 of the characters. Sometimes on a weekly basis.

Looks about right. Episode 2 was clearly the high point of the final season, IMO.

I don't remember what the last 2 episodes of Season 6 were, but they really stand out as strong in the post GRRM portion of the show.
Winds of Winter (last of S6) was absolutely one of the best episodes of the series. The opening sequence was perfect. A masterclass of filming/editing. I’m surprised all of S7 was so highly rated. It had some bad episodes/storylines, but not near the issues as S8. Episode 2 of this season was great, easily the best.

Robert's rebellion was entirely about the affair between Jon's parents. Maybe Jon didn't need to be born but the story line is the basis of the whole show. I really don't see how Jon not getting to be King invalidates Jon's whole storyline.

You are right. It started with the Tourny at Harrenhall. Rhaegar crowned Lyanna Stark as the Queen of Love and Beauty rather than his wife Elia Martell. A few months later, he "abducted" Lyanna and the two of them were on the run. Brandon Stark found out and went to KL to confront Rhaegar/The Mad King. Rhaegar wasn't there, but Arys was paranoid and decided that the Starks, Arryns and Baratheons were plotting against him and would use Rhaegar's actions as an excuse to overthrowing him. He tortured and murdered Brandon and his father and instructed Jon Arryn to surrender Ned and Robert to him. Jon declined and the rebellion began.

I don't think this suggests that Jon necessarily is destined to be the next King, it does seem that there needs to be more payoff for R+L=J. I don't think "well, it made Dani really angry and unstable" is enough.

Yeah Jon’s parents affair is the basis for the rebellion. By the time Jon was born the rebellion was basically over. Nothing about it changes if he is never born. I don’t really care if he is king or not. Just looking back on the series, his parentage ended up not being all that important other than it was one of 20 things that drove Danny mad.

Yeah Jon’s parents affair is the basis for the rebellion. By the time Jon was born the rebellion was basically over. Nothing about it changes if he is never born. I don’t really care if he is king or not. Just looking back on the series, his parentage ended up not being all that important other than it was one of 20 things that drove Danny mad.

I think it is safe to assume that it will be much more meaningful in the books. He did ride a dragon in the show, but the writers couldn't spare 30 seconds of screen time to point out that he could only do that due to his Targ blood. In addition, he didn't do much of anything while on Viseryon's back. In the books, I do expect him to ride a dragon, and I do expect him to be a key weapon against the Others. Of course, GRRM has set him up to potentially be so much more than that. He could be "The Prince that was Promised", save the realm, and still end up declining to rule at the ends of the books.

I think it is safe to assume that it will be much more meaningful in the books. He did ride a dragon in the show, but the writers couldn't spare 30 seconds of screen time to point out that he could only do that due to his Targ blood. In addition, he didn't do much of anything while on Viseryon's back. In the books, I do expect him to ride a dragon, and I do expect him to be a key weapon against the Others. Of course, GRRM has set him up to potentially be so much more than that. He could be "The Prince that was Promised", save the realm, and still end up declining to rule at the ends of the books.

I think your last sentence is key. I would have liked it so much more if it was Jon’s decision to not rule and head back North on his own.

Just watched it again. Jon got f’ing screwed.

Rightful king with powerful friends and family around him, the man who saved Westeros from a nightmarish fate.

And the losers let Grey Worm - an accomplice of evil and murder of thousands of innocents in King’s Landing....they let that now pure evil douchebag keep Jon from the crown, and force him to the north?

They should have hung Grey Worm in the dragon pit, wiped out his dickless army and the barbarians (who were actually wiped out by the Night King) and let rightful heir Bran take over Winterfell from his jealous sister.

Would have been much more powerful to have him go north of his own choosing.

IMO the dialogue and character depth are what made this show great. You had a too short season made shorter with 2 episodes that were nothing but battle scenes. Episode 2 was great but the rest of the season was terrible.
No it wasn't. But I know that's the popular thing to say these days.

Episode 2 was boring AF.

No it wasn't. But I know that's the popular thing to say these days.

Episode 2 was boring AF.

Clearly you are in the minority with your opinion of the episode. These are the IMDB ratings.

683mjwgvpbz21.jpg

Reactions: nathajw
https://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones/season-8

Season 8 Episode Ratings via Metacritic.

1. Winterfell 5.7
2. A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms 6.1

3. The Long Knight 4.2
4. The Last of the Starks 2.8
5. The Bells 3.3
6. The Throne 2.5

At this point, anyone who is actually arguing that Season 8 wasn't complete crap and didn't fall off a cliff is the one trying to be cool, not the other way around.

Love the powerful groupthink going on here. GOT with some silly plot holes is still better than anything else on TV by a wide margin.

Didn't realize my opinion of subjective matters was so important, but thank you for the validation.

No offense to anyone here that shares these opinions, but I could GAF what the rest of the world really thinks of anything. I liked the final episode and the season, it was and is brilliant television and you all kept watching it as you bitched about it.

Trashing things FAR FAR greater than what internet trolls could possibly produce on their own is social media sport, and is not a commentary on the great things, it's a commentary on the sad state of mind of people making the comments.

Love the powerful groupthink going on here. GOT with some silly plot holes is still better than anything else on TV by a wide margin.

Didn't realize my opinion of subjective matters was so important, but thank you for the validation.

No offense to anyone here that shares these opinions, but I could GAF what the rest of the world really thinks of anything. I liked the final episode and the season, it was and is brilliant television and you all kept watching it as you bitched about it.

Trashing things FAR FAR greater than what internet trolls could possibly produce on their own is social media sport, and is not a commentary on the great things, it's a commentary on the sad state of mind of people making the comments.

Metacritic is people that do what we're doing in this thread for a living, not Twitter or internet trolls. I don't think these hundreds and hundreds of people watched it together in the same room or theater and then participated in "groupthink" to determine their reviews which as you can see, were that the season 8 was awful compared to the rest.

After you've invested 7+ years worth of Sunday evenings in a show it's perfectly normal to ride something to the end and go down with the ship. Hell, I'm still watching Shameless.

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/movies/critic/popular

Metacritic is people that do what we're doing in this thread for a living, not Twitter or internet trolls. I don't think these hundreds and hundreds of people watched it together in the same room or theater and then participated in "groupthink" to determine their reviews which as you can see, were that the season 8 was awful compared to the rest.

After you've invested 7+ years worth of Sunday evenings in a show it's perfectly normal to ride something to the end and go down with the ship. Hell, I'm still watching Shameless.

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/movies/critic/popular
Critics are critics. Not producers or artists.

They are by definition irrelevant and meaningless to me. I wouldn't think less of anyone that values their opinions, but I do not.

Life's too short to dwell on the shortcomings of everything outside of ourselves. You might've noticed that the critical trolls on this site are what draw my wrath on sports topics as well. People fail when playing sports, players and coaches. It's people bitching about other people failing that bugs TF out of me.

I bet tons is as fun to hang out with as a wet blanket at the beach. I guess he values all your opinions as much as you guys do his as he seems to always come back with and comment on other comments.

I bet tons is as fun to hang out with as a wet blanket at the beach. I guess he values all your opinions as much as you guys do his as he seems to always come back with and comment on other comments.
I know from some life experience that hanging out with people that trash other people and trash cool shit are no fun to hang out with, but you do you.

I know from some life experience that hanging out with people that trash other people and trash cool shit are no fun to hang out with, but you do you.
I am glad to know you care about my opinion. Thanks for taking time out of your super cool life to respond. You got any more opinions on how all of us should live our lives?

Anyone notice the crow sitting on the armrest of the Iron Throne with Ned in the season 1 poster? Maybe a little foreshadowing to the King at the end of the series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT