ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 5

I think the big issue is that for most of the series we got to see the down time between big moments that allowed us to see the characters develop. But in the rush to end it they have to skip a lot of time between big moments. Danny's arc seems strange right now because two episodes ago she was sacrificing her army for the good of the people and now she's burning it all down. But in a real timeline that could be a year or more. We didn't get to fully appreciate all the things that happened over that time to drive her there.

I actually like getting to fill in the blanks somewhat.

Me too. I like the family dynamic of Tyrion representing what the Lannisters could be, Cersei representing what the Lannister’s are and Jamie being the mix.

That plus the thing I like least about the books is I think there are too many people we aren't who we think.

Off the top of my head you have John Snow, (f)Aegon, fake Sansa or Arya (I don't really remember at this point which one). Throwing one more in the group seems like over kill.

Reactions: Been Jammin
300_keyart.jpg

Like I said earlier, above is what GOT is now. I was laughing during the Clegane battle.
One of the cool things about 300. The battle, the Spartains, and the Persian army were fantastical and way over the top. But this is because the story is being told by the one guy sent back to tell the story to the rest of the Greeks in order to inspire them to fight off the Persians. The story teller embellishes and exaggerates for effect in order to get the Greeks to fight.

I always thought that was kind of cool.

That plus the thing I like least about the books is I think there are too many people we aren't who we think.

Off the top of my head you have John Snow, (f)Aegon, fake Sansa or Arya (I don't really remember at this point which one). Throwing one more in the group seems like over kill.

Arya is the one with the doppelgänger.

Additionally, you have Mance Rayder executed, but it is really The Lord of Bones.

You have Abel helping Theon, but he is really Mance.

You have Mance’s baby and Gilly’s being switched.

There is a lot of that in ASOIAF. I think it works, though. There are a lot of similar stories in our history.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Arya is the one with the doppelgänger.

Additionally, you have Mance Rayder executed, but it is really The Lord of Bones.

You have Abel helping Theon, but he is really Mance.

You have Mance’s baby and Gilly’s being switched.

There is a lot of that in ASOIAF. I think it works, though. There are a lot of similar stories in our history.

For sure and I don't hate any of them on their own. I just think we are at the point it is enough. At some point no one is who they are supposed to be.

That was my problem with the books. The constant character switching and just too damn many characters to keep track of with out ever knowing who's important.

For sure and I don't hate any of them on their own. I just think we are at the point it is enough. At some point no one is who they are supposed to be.

I agree. I used to be a fan of the "Tyrion is a secret Targ" theory, but that was before I got to fAegon in the books. Him and Jon is enough for 1 story.

Of course, there is the "The dragon has 3 heads" narrative, but that could easily go by the wayside or simply refer to Dani, Jon and fAegon.

That was my problem with the books. The constant character switching and just too damn many characters to keep track of with out ever knowing who's important.

GRRM definitely has some serious ADD issues. He will get bored with a character or plot line and wander off chasing some shinning object and its 1000 pages before he gets back to the original narrative.

GRRM definitely has some serious ADD issues. He will get bored with a character or plot line and wander off chasing some shinning object and its 1000 pages before he gets back to the original narrative.
Blessing and a curse. It’s what drove such a large universe

Reactions: FMPoke
So if Cersei really dead, how does the younger brother killing her come into play?

So if Cersei really dead, how does the younger brother killing her come into play?

I think her death was completely unsatisfying. That being said, I just don't think there is enough time for her to have anymore story. Is she going to claw her way out of a 100-feet of rubble just so Jaime can kill her 3 minutes later? She gone.

I think her death was completely unsatisfying. That being said, I just don't think there is enough time for her to have anymore story. Is she going to claw her way out of a 100-feet of rubble just so Jaime can kill her 3 minutes later? She gone.
Ya they really did a disservice to how they killed her off. And Jaime. Odd way to end two big time characters.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
Interesting fan theory I heard today. The pale horse that came and rescued Arya is actually Bran. Although personally given the power I might have showed up an hour earlier taken control of the dragon and saved another million people.

Meh. Not sure I am buying it. Not really consistent with what we have seen from Bran to this point.

Why can't it just be that she found a random loose horse in the destroyed city? Does the horse have to be special in some way?

Last edited:
Meh. Not buying it.

Why can't it just be that she found a random loose horse in the destroyed city? Does the horse have to be special in some way?
I sure the HBO writers are in your camp in this. Having Bran control the horse would take imagination. Also that would require Bran to actually do something.

As I said earlier, I think her being preggers gave them limited options. That was a completely unnecessary narrative.

I'm confused by this concept that they can show a million women and children being burned alive but you can't show one fetus getting stabbed.

So in next weeks preview is it ash all over KL or snow? I am assuming it’s ash.

I don't think BJ is referring to the actual death of the fetus but just the wasted time/space to even bother introducing it in the last season without it really affecting anything. Could have used that screen time for something that would be more useful to the story overall.

I don't think BJ is referring to the actual death of the fetus but just the wasted time/space to even bother introducing it in the last season without it really affecting anything. Could have used that screen time for something that would be more useful to the story overall.

I agree it didn't add much. Are we sure she was even pregnant? I know the timeline is vague but she should have been showing a little. She look pretty damn skinny. Not sure if that was intentional or just one of those things they took liberties with.

Reactions: giddyup
Red wedding they carved up a pregnant chick

Sure. But the person who did it was an evil villain. In theory, you want Cersei’s killer to be a hero killing a villain. For example, Arya getting revenge for destroying the Starks. But, if Arya is also killing an innocent, unborn child, it tarnishes the situation and takes away from the “Fick Yeah!” moment.

The pregnancy added nothing to the story, and ended up limiting their options.

Reactions: SSS!!!
Well, the good news for those who love the way this story has been brought to fruition is that these two guys get the next Star Wars movie.

Well, the good news for those who love the way this story has been brought to fruition is that these two guys get the next Star Wars movie.

Overall I would say they've done a hell of a job on the series. A lot better then some of the Star Wars crap that's been pumped out. I'll take my chances on them.

Interesting fan theory I heard today. The pale horse that came and rescued Arya is actually Bran. Although personally given the power I might have showed up an hour earlier taken control of the dragon and saved another million people.

I don't THINK that is what it was, but I love the idea and I would certainly buy into that as one of the more clever things among a pile of poo they have written.

Okay, the episode would have been 100x better if the writers would have given a tribute to the greatness of Ride the Lightning's For Whom the Bell Tolls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT