ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 5

Also, if Danny is killed... what does Drogon do? Do they have to kill him somehow too?

They've already pulled that with the NK. They won't do it again. It'll have to be Jon.

My guess, Jon kills her for sacking King's Landing. Then he either voluntarily gets killed by Grey Worm, kills himself, or somehow takes the Black again so as to not be a candidate for King (even though there is no need and nothing left of the Knight's Watch.)

What does that leave? Ugggg, I can't believe it but no body on the throne. A small council of people will rule. Would Brann be in charge?

And if Danny does die, what happens to Gendry's lordship? Is he no longer lord of High Garden?

I don't see Jon being able to kill Dani. I just don't think he has it in him. I could see him killing Grey Worm though. I agree that it is cheap to have Arya kill both the NK (ice) and Dani (fire), but there has to be some payoff for her storyline since leaving WF with The Hound. She was such a big part of last night's episode. There has to be a reason for it. If it isn't her, I could see it being Tyrion. He spent the entire last 2 episodes trying to prevent mass death of innocents, and backing Dani for Queen. She single handedly undid all of his efforts and proved that he had put his money on the wrong horse. He is also one of the few people who can get close to her when her guard is down.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Also, if Danny is killed... what does Drogon do? Do they have to kill him somehow too?

If they want to tie it up in a nice bow, someone other than Jon kills her, and Drogon ends up as Jon's dragon with him ruling Westeros and focused on rebuilding. It would be about the only way Westeros would not be easy prey for invasion from any land across the Narrow Sea (or possibly the Iron Islands). The continent has been devastated, and it is going to be a long time before they have enough manpower, ships, etc, to field a legitimate naval presence and to defend their borders. There are going to be a lot of hungry mouths to feed (especially since winter has come), and it is going to take a lot to reestablish trade, agriculture, etc.

So I think I've come to grips with Danny's sacking of KL. She realized that she was never going to reign over the seven kingdoms because she realized that they didn't love her like her supporters across the narrow sea. As such, she said F it and decided to just burn it all down. One of those mad king thoughts of 'if I can't have it, nobody can.' Okay, I can see that. She already lost Jon and she now doesn't want to rule with out him. So... let's go out in a blaze of glory.
Exactly, you could see that thought in her face as she looked over KL. At this point, the only thing she feels she can trust at all is the dragon she’s riding on. I like that way of looking at it.

So I think I've come to grips with Danny's sacking of KL. She realized that she was never going to reign over the seven kingdoms because she realized that they didn't love her like her supporters across the narrow sea. As such, she said F it and decided to just burn it all down. One of those mad king thoughts of 'if I can't have it, nobody can.' Okay, I can see that. She already lost Jon and she now doesn't want to rule with out him. So... let's go out in a blaze of glory.
She did tell us that she was going to "break the wheel".

I think Grey Worm and Jon for sure have it out. Grey Worm looking back on Jon stopping his troops from killing the Lanaster army when they surrender has to foreshadow that. I wonder if Jon kills Grey Worm then Dani is going to kill Jon and he is going to let her then Arya steps in and kills her.

If they want to tie it up in a nice bow, someone other than Jon kills her, and Drogon ends up as Jon's dragon with him ruling Westeros and focused on rebuilding. It would be about the only way Westeros would not be easy prey for invasion from any land across the Narrow Sea (or possibly the Iron Islands). The continent has been devastated, and it is going to be a long time before they have enough manpower, ships, etc, to field a legitimate naval presence and to defend their borders. There are going to be a lot of hungry mouths to feed (especially since winter has come), and it is going to take a lot to reestablish trade, agriculture, etc.
People of Kings Landing may have a slight issue with a dragon being anywhere near there after last night

The pace of this season just makes it hard to pull of the character stuff. Three episodes ago Dany was sacrificing a bulk of her forces for the good of humanity. Jon turns her down and she is roasting a million innocents. She went from 3 to 10 on the crazy train real quick. Sounds like some girls I've dated.

Jaime's story arc seems off to me. He told Tyrion he has never cared for the little people. Yet the whole reason he killed Arys was to protect those people. It is what made him sympathetic. His whole redemption arc seemed kind of pointless for him to just die trying to save Cersi.

The pace of this season just makes it hard to pull of the character stuff. Three episodes ago Dany was sacrificing a bulk of her forces for the good of humanity. Jon turns her down and she is roasting a million innocents. She went from 3 to 10 on the crazy train real quick. Sounds like some girls I've dated.

Jaime's story arc seems off to me. He told Tyrion he has never cared for the little people. Yet the whole reason he killed Arys was to protect those people. It is what made him sympathetic. His whole redemption arc seemed kind of pointless for him to just die trying to save Cersi.

Totally agree with both points. Part of the issue is simply having too many characters and too little time to do the story justice. I'm not sure why the writers decided to impregnate Cersei. Doing so really put a kink in any plans to have someone heroically kill her (since the unborn child would also die). She had to die in the end, and they had to find a way to kill her off without anyone killing her directly. I still think they could have done it with Jaime, since he was already dying of his wounds. Then his redemption arc would have made sense, since he was trying to save the populace from Cersei and sacrificing himself and his child to do so.

Totally agree with both points. Part of the issue is simply having too many characters and too little time to do the story justice. I'm not sure why the writers decided to impregnate Cersei. Doing so really put a kink in any plans to have someone heroically kill her (since the unborn child would also die). She had to die in the end, and they had to find a way to kill her off without anyone killing her directly. I still think they could have done it with Jaime, since he was already dying of his wounds. Then his redemption arc would have made sense, since he was trying to save the populace from Cersei and sacrificing himself and his child to do so.
Of course, by the time he found Cersei, there was no point in saving anyone from her. Her end was already near. Not sure what her pregnancy added or subtracted, she behaved as she'd always done.

All in all, I think the Lannister twins story arc makes more sense to come in and go out together. Jamie as some loose end hanging out up north banging Brienne would have been really fragmented as the story shifted to KL. We needed him to be part of the ending.

Maybe I’m crazy but I keep seeing people mention that winter is here and that Jon may go back up to castle black instead of ruling. There is no need for the wall so Jon isn’t going to take the black. That’s an obsolete job. I’d also like to add that winter already came and got its a$$ whipped. At least in the show, the NK brought winter with him. All is good.

Maybe I’m crazy but I keep seeing people mention that winter is here and that Jon may go back up to castle black instead of ruling. There is no need for the wall so Jon isn’t going to take the black. That’s an obsolete job. I’d also like to add that winter already came and got its a$$ whipped. At least in the show, the NK brought winter with him. All is good.
I don't think he goes back to man the wall because of the White Walkers but rather retreats there is solitude because of the attack on KL. I think he will set up Castle Black as more of a place to trade and shelter the free folks.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Look at you. Got that attitude and don’t even have a dragon. OR was right. You are power drunk.

source.gif

Am I over thinking this by thinking it has to be Jon who offs Dany simply because he hasn't done much this season?

During the Battle of Winterfell he rode a dragon in a blizzard and mostly ran around pointlessly during the battle.
Didn't get to to the Night King.
During the last battle he basically ran around aimlessly while he was bewildered.

It would just seem odd for the show to end without Jon having a big moment (unless there is something else in store).

Am I over thinking this by thinking it has to be Jon who offs Dany simply because he hasn't done much this season?

During the Battle of Winterfell he rode a dragon in a blizzard and mostly ran around pointlessly during the battle.
Didn't get to to the Night King.
During the last battle he basically ran around aimlessly while he was bewildered.

It would just seem odd for the show to end without Jon having a big moment (unless there is something else in store).

If someone else kills Dani and Jon steps up as the guy who picks up the pieces and gives hope for the future, would that not be a big moment for him?

If someone else kills Dani and Jon steps up as the guy who picks up the pieces and gives hope for the future, would that not be a big moment for him?

In theory I think it would be a big moment. As far as the actual TV Show it doesn't seem like a "wow" moment to me though. I guess it depends on how they do it. Kind of along those lines, won't Jon be tainted with these atrocities? He went to battle with Dany. He has defended here time and time again. Wouldn't killing her himself be one of the only ways to really distance himself from what happened?

Of course I had big thoughts about how Cersei and Jaime would go and it was from falling rubble. I just think Jon has to take a more active role at some point this season.

Reactions: Been Jammin
So back to the big picture of the show itself. My biggest problem of this season and last is the empty scenes/convos. The first 4 seasons there were zero empty parts. It was the best thing about the show, everything was important. Now... Euron thinking he impregnated Cersei, worthless... Bronn’s entire part this season, worthless... Tyrion asking Bronn about he history he has learned, worthless. That’s just off the top of my head, I know there is many more. It’s just frustrating to get so much empty dialogue/scenes when there used to be literally zero.

So back to the big picture of the show itself. My biggest problem of this season and last is the empty scenes/convos. The first 4 seasons there were zero empty parts. It was the best thing about the show, everything was important. Now... Euron thinking he impregnated Cersei, worthless... Bronn’s entire part this season, worthless... Tyrion asking Bronn about he history he has learned, worthless. That’s just off the top of my head, I know there is many more. It’s just frustrating to get so much empty dialogue/scenes when there used to be literally zero.

check out the explanation thread I just posted.

Reactions: SSS!!!
The imp takes out Dani and remarries Sansa and takes the throne

Jon goes back to the wall

Arya got the night king so I don’t think she gets Dani, maybe she goes to hook up w gendry now

The wall is finito. And the wildlings are friends of the north now. Arya still had to shut some green eyes

Reactions: giddyup
What are they going to do about it?

In reality this is how revolutions start. Who ever ends up on the iron throne if anybody does isn't going to have much military left. After what happened to Kings Landing I could see an uprising. Particularly if there more bloodshed and more thinning of the herd. The show will never go there but the most likely outcome would probably be some type of civil war with different lords fighting for power.

The imp takes out Dani and remarries Sansa and takes the throne

Jon goes back to the wall

Arya got the night king so I don’t think she gets Dani, maybe she goes to hook up w gendry now

Is there a nights watch anymore? I think the wall and the real north belongs to the wildings and our man Tormund.

Maybe Tyrion finally gets his dragon. They have done a lot of fore shadowing about him and dragons. Remember when he went into the dungeon and freed them. Is the whole Tyrion might be a Targaryen thing just a red herring? Hard to believe they are going to get into it in the last episode. It could also be a book thing that got cut from the throne the show.

I feel like there is some kind of major payoff coming from Tyrion's storyline that they have been setting up all season.

Maybe Tyrion finally gets his dragon. They have done a lot of fore shadowing about him and dragons. Remember when he went into the dungeon and freed them. Is the whole Tyrion might be a Targaryen thing just a red herring? Hard to believe they are going to get into it in the last episode. It could also be a book thing that got cut from the throne the show.

I feel like there is some kind of major payoff coming from Tyrion's storyline that they have been setting up all season.

Can’t imagine there is time for that story to be told.

I just don't think they've laid the ground work for Tyrion to be a Targ in the show.

Not show related but I've always hated the idea of Tyrion being a Targaryen.

300_keyart.jpg

Like I said earlier, above is what GOT is now. I was laughing during the Clegane battle.
Ive been saying something similar for awhile. Early on GOT tried to stay away from major battle scenes (Rob’s war). Once hardhome and the battle of the bastards happened, there was no going back. They got rave reviews and the show runners decided it’s what people wanted (and it was). The drawback is that they feel the need to one up themselves in every subsequent battle and that those battles scenes are extremely costly (time and money). There is no way around them taking away from the rest of the storyline.

I just don't think they've laid the ground work for Tyrion to be a Targ in the show.

Me too. I like the family dynamic of Tyrion representing what the Lannisters could be, Cersei representing what the Lannister’s are and Jamie being the mix.

So did Sandor Clegane grow some special skeletal structure vs other normal human beings after he got the shit kicked out of him by a broad?

The zombie mountain is strong enough to squash any man's skull like a grape and throw 150-180 pounds 20 feet like a frisbee (did it seconds before the fight) but Sandor can now take about 10-15 blows to the face and head from zombie mountain and can also resist getting his throat/skull smashed.

Last edited:

They hinted at it but never really pursued it. Like I said I think its one of those book things that got dropped for TV. They payoff I expect is some type of showdown with Dani. Not sure who wins it could go either way. He could be the one who kills her or she may kill him as her last act and then be killed by Jon or Arya.

Reactions: SSS!!!
So did Sandor Clegane grow some special skeletal structure vs other normal human beings after he got the shit kicked out of him by a broad?

The zombie mountain is strong enough to squash any man's skull like a grape and throw 150-180 pounds 20 feet like a frisbee (did it seconds before the fight) but Sandor can now take about 10-15 blows to the face and from zombie mountain and can resist getting his throat/skull smashed.
STFU about him, he's dead show some respeck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT