ADVERTISEMENT

google internal memo leaked...

"The concentration camps of the future will be called diversity training centers."

*facepalm*

Godwin.

/thread

"diversity"

"identity politics"

DG6MMLoXUAAZ2YR

I do feel bad for the kid. I am sure he will be fine long term, but his bad judgement here has set him back and disrupted a bit of that dream trajectory he was on:
"For many, including myself," he wrote, "working at Google is a major part of their identity, almost like a cult with its own leaders and saints, all believed to righteously uphold the sacred motto of 'Don't be evil.'"
As to the cult comment, I can see the laser like focus on the work, the opportunity to have outsized impacts that engineers at Google get causing people to feel a devotion well beyond what a typical job provides. I would posit that is part of why his memo had such an impact.

Outsized impacts?
Leverage. The technical platform, the deep pockets, the overall ecosystem allow small teams to build very powerful platforms that do things you can't do elsewhere. Having said that, the size of the company, the legal bureaucracy can also stifle some things. It isn't perfect, but for people with really big ideas, it is an amazing platform to execute from.

Leverage. The technical platform, the deep pockets, the overall ecosystem allow small teams to build very powerful platforms that do things you can't do elsewhere. Having said that, the size of the company, the legal bureaucracy can also stifle some things. It isn't perfect, but for people with really big ideas, it is an amazing platform to execute from.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

You accept manmade climate change without accurate predictive models. You accept manmade climate change without established causation. Why is this biological science any different in your eyes (besides the fact that there are actual predictive models and established causation)? Are your beliefs purely ideologically driven? Serious question sir.

I'll just preemptively acknowledge that these numbers are probably just the height of stupidity, doctored up, perfectly illustrate why we shouldn't listen to "scientists" and I own a vehicle, etc., but:

Reactions: davidallen
I'll just preemptively acknowledge that these numbers are probably just the height of stupidity, doctored up, perfectly illustrate why we shouldn't listen to "scientists" and I own a vehicle, etc., but:

Completely intended as an aside, but why is NASA in the climate business any further than it impacts putting people into space? Is climate research their mandate?

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT