ADVERTISEMENT

google internal memo leaked...

HanAholeSolo2.0

All-American
Jul 6, 2017
Corellia
www.starwars.com
promoting ideological diversity instead of the other kind.

"In the memo, which is the personal opinion of a male Google employee and is titled “Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber,” the author argues that women are underrepresented in tech not because they face bias and discrimination in the workplace, but because of inherent psychological differences between men and women. “We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism,” he writes, going on to argue that Google’s educational programs for young women may be misguided."

http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320

"The allegations of political intolerance come shortly after YouTube, a Google-owned platform, announced it would manipulate search results, artificially promote socially progressive videos, and censor non-rulebreaking content that is considered “potential hate speech.” The company is also partnering with the ADL and other left-wing organizations to identify “hate speech” on the platform."

If this doesn't piss you off, you don't think.

"The allegations of political intolerance come shortly after YouTube, a Google-owned platform, announced it would manipulate search results, artificially promote socially progressive videos, and censor non-rulebreaking content that is considered “potential hate speech.” The company is also partnering with the ADL and other left-wing organizations to identify “hate speech” on the platform."

is the solution to regulate social media monopolies as utilities? or maybe google should be broken up. with short sighted virtue signaling as official company policy, it's very concerning considering this entity can regulate your search results with their mysterious ever-changing algorithms that are unaccountable to anyone but google upper management.

that potentially has ramifications not only for individual free speech and accurate search results, but maybe for small businesses that don't virtue signal the right way too.

why would they stop at infringing their own employees ideological diversity when they have that kind of massive filtering mechanism for internet content?

I don't see a way out. When you control information, you control people. They won't give that up and have the money to make sure it happens.

Welcome to the Idiocracy.

They banned some Jordan B Peterson (Professor of Psychology at University of Toronto) ffs! I love his work!

They banned some Jordan B Peterson (Professor of Psychology at University of Toronto) ffs! I love his work!

the verbiage is almost verbatim from him. brilliant advocate for free speech and a formidable enemy of postmodernism and social justice warrior nonsense. backs everything up with solid data and logical intelligent analysis.

google can't be happy with this kind of transparency.

Dox:

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

Verifying that a claimed letter to the President isn't a fiction generated by his communications department isn't exactly doxxing....especially given what was published wasn't private or sufficiently identifying.

Posobiec is being such a snowflake.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidallen
They fired him. Doesn't matter if what he said was scientifically true, he had to know how it would play out.

They fired him. Doesn't matter if what he said was scientifically true, he had to know how it would play out.
Actually it does matter. You can't make shit up about your coworkers and expect not to be held accountable. Workplace isn't a democracy, not a message board, unprofessional conduct has consequences beyond @Medic007 getting his knickers in a wad.

f0c9ifj50gez.jpg

Actually it does matter. You can't make shit up about your coworkers and expect not to be held accountable. Workplace isn't a democracy, not a message board, unprofessional conduct has consequences beyond @Medic007 getting his knickers in a wad.
#hivethink. It's good for keeping people from thinking for themselves. North Korea approves.

With all of the diversity at Google, I wonder why the Department of Labor is investigating them for gender based wage discrimination. Seems really strange for a company that thinks there are no differences between men and women.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...oving_its_salaries_aren_t_sexist_privacy.html

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/19/google-confidentiality-wage-gap-us-investigation

I've seen this guy's rant, but none of the articles that I've read have highlighted the underlying purpose of this email within Google? Was this a publicly circulated document to reflect a manager's philosiphy? or was this an individual's private email to his boss (or HR) questioning the policy. This matters because if the individual is fired for the latter, I can only imagine that Google will have to pay some wrongful termination restitution in the very near future.

Yeah, they can fire him. Pretty sure I claimed he should have known even though it was anonymous.

But he made it up......about his coworkers? Surely you meant about his employer and the environment it fosters? Google is not the liberal echo chamber he claims?

"My larger point is that we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)."

Doesn't his firing kind of prove his larger point within the document?

Last edited:
I've seen this guy's rant, but none of the articles that I've read have highlighted the underlying purpose of this email within Google? Was this a publicly circulated document to reflect a manager's philosiphy? or was this an individual's private email to his boss (or HR) questioning the policy. This matters because if the individual is fired for the latter, I can only imagine that Google will have to pay some wrongful termination restitution in the very near future.

My understanding is it was a manifesto sent out for consumption by all.

Why would you imagine that they'd have to pay some wrongful termination restitution?

Unless he had a contract that altered the usual termination at will status of a private employer and employee?

Why would you imagine that they'd have to pay some wrongful termination restitution?

Unless he had a contract that altered the usual termination at will status of a private employer and employee?

The damage to his reputation for leaking what was potentially a private communication between him and either HR or a superior would lead to very easy lawsuits. Like I said, I don't know the circumstance behind the generation of the manifesto nor its distribution.

The fact that there are plenty of physical and physiological differences between males and females is factual science, not sexism, misogyny, or any other buzz word. Trying to claim males and females are biological equals is just dumb because every shred of science on the subject paints a very clear picture on the subject.

Paying females less for doing the same job because they are females is discrimination though. Google is feeling that heat as I type this.

#hivethink. It's good for keeping people from thinking for themselves. North Korea approves.

With all of the diversity at Google, I wonder why the Department of Labor is investigating them for gender based wage discrimination. Seems really strange for a company that thinks there are no differences between men and women.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...oving_its_salaries_aren_t_sexist_privacy.html

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/19/google-confidentiality-wage-gap-us-investigation
Small wad at least...

The fact that there are plenty of physical and physiological differences between males and females is factual science, not sexism, misogyny, or any other buzz word. Trying to claim males and females are biological equals is just dumb because every shred of science on the subject paints a very clear picture on the subject.

Paying females less for doing the same job because they are females is discrimination though. Google is feeling that heat as I type this.
You've read the doc no doubt. Tell me more about the biological evidence for higher propensity for neuroticism in females. Take my answer off the air...

another Inc excerpt.

A Google spokesperson told Inc. that the practice of keeping blacklists is not condoned by upper management, and that Google employees who discriminate against members of protected classes will be terminated

evidently non protected "classes" are ok to discriminate against though? classes? is google's culture really a class system?

The damage to his reputation for leaking what was potentially a private communication between him and either HR or a superior would lead to very easy lawsuits. Like I said, I don't know the circumstance behind the generation of the manifesto nor its distribution.

Nope.

Okay if you believe that....but, nope.....not a chance.

As to whether Google had an obligation to fire Damore, "The question is whether he's acting on those views in a way that violates discrimination law," Dhillon said. She noted that although California has stronger labor protections than most other states, "The cases involving political speech are much more cut-and-dried," involving conventional political activities like voting for a candidate or running for office.

another Inc excerpt.

A Google spokesperson told Inc. that the practice of keeping blacklists is not condoned by upper management, and that Google employees who discriminate against members of protected classes will be terminated

evidently non protected "classes" are ok to discriminate against though? classes? is google's culture really a class system?

I don't think you understand what the system of classes this refers to.....

The law provides protection against discrimination based upon certain factors (classes). It's an exception to the general at will doctrine which is your can fire or discriminate against someone in hiring on any basis save those specifically prohibited by statute.

I don't think you understand what the system of classes this refers to.....

The law provides protection against discrimination based upon certain factors (classes). It's an exception to the general at will doctrine which is your can fire or discriminate against someone in hiring on any basis save those specifically prohibited by statute.

fair enough. awkward wording though.

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT