ADVERTISEMENT

Going rate for babysitters?

GratefulDave

All-American
May 29, 2001
Edmond Station
Been awhile since I had to hire one.

She's watching my 8 yr old girl, who is basically self sufficient. I could probably leave her alone for the 7 hours on Saturday but I'm not looking for a DHS visit.

I was thinking ~8/hr. Thoughts?

Been awhile since I had to hire one.

She's watching my 8 yr old girl, who is basically self sufficient. I could probably leave her alone for the 7 hours on Saturday but I'm not looking for a DHS visit.

I was thinking ~8/hr. Thoughts?

Why are you assuming it will be a female?

We typically pay $10/hr to watch our 2 kids (7 and 3 year's old).

Our sitter that watches our 3 year old 8-5 every day gets $100/wk, but she watches 2 other kids as well.

We have a college student come out to help with our girls. We pay $15/hour. Some may think that is high but we trust her and would like to have her around for all four years of her college.

I paid $10.00/hr + usually a premium if we were out late for my 3 daughters.

My daughters who are now babysitting get $10-$15.00/hour.

We typically pay $10/hr to watch our 2 kids (7 and 3 year's old).

Our sitter that watches our 3 year old 8-5 every day gets $100/wk, but she watches 2 other kids as well.
So jealous of $100 a week

I'm in OKC and I pay $125 a week for someone to watch my two-year old hellion 5 days a week.

She also buys our daughter clothes...we are incredibly lucky.

She essentially homeschooled our son for a couple years before pre k and he is so far ahead of his class...

We didn't know her before our son was born, but we are damn lucky.

Daycare is generally $100-$200 per week. It's basically the same thing, except we take our child to a house that only has 3 total kids.

While she is working, she is basically doing what a stay-at-home mom would do but getting some cash...they don't need money and her kids are grown and out of the house but she loves kids. If she has to run errands, she throws the kids in the car and goes. Sometime she takes them out to lunch, sometimes she takes them to Chuckie Cheese...if she only has our daughter, they typically go shopping.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT