ADVERTISEMENT

Gfeller and Fix

quite a nice run of top tier talent from Oklahoma over the past few years.

Is there any at this level of talent left for OSU to recruit in the coming years?

According to FLO..... not so much.

Last edited:

Is there any at this level of talent left for OSU to recruit in the coming years?

I think we have a lot that Flo does not know about. For one instance, Zane Coleman, son of Choctaw Coach Benny Coleman who is a Sophmore obtained his 2nd straight championship at 170 pounds and dec. our recruit Christian Bahl a senior 5-3. This is the second time he has beaten Ball this year in OT with the first coming by Fall. Benny was a great wrestler for Choctaw in his day and Zane appears to be a chip off the block.

I think we have a lot that Flo does not know about. For one instance, Zane Coleman, son of Choctaw Coach Benny Coleman who is a Sophmore obtained his 2nd straight championship at 170 pounds and dec. our recruit Christian Bahl a senior 5-3. This is the second time he has beaten Ball this year in OT with the first coming by Fall. Benny was a great wrestler for Choctaw in his day and Zane appears to be a chip off the block.
It's the 3rd time this year. He beat him all three times with a torn labrum, goes into surgery tomorrow.

Our two football recruits also completed undefeated seasons last night. I like getting wrestlers on the defensive side of the ball.

There are some solid recruits coming up.

From my observations, the Jr. class is fairly week. Jaryn Curry (160) of Choctaw and Rhett Golowenski (120) of Tuttle probably end up in D1 rooms.

The Sophmore class has a few more top end recruits. I have been really impressed with Zach Marcheselli (195) of Broken Arrow. He was a beast this weekend. As mentioned, Zane Coleman (170) is a stud. Montana Phillips of Lawton Mac is a Cadet Freestyle National Champ at 285.

In the freshman class, Caleb Tanner (113), Luke Surber (113), Dustin Plott (152) and Konner Doucett (195) are/will be highly ranked nationally.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
talk about an amazing weekend! The finals were booming with people and the atmosphere was great! Fix had a great match to end with an undefeated career! Gfellar pinned his way through the state tournament in 74 seconds! Tracwrestling posted it on their twitter and I thought that was awesome! Cant wait to have them on our team next year!

Fix & Gfellar...two greats! Fix lead the Sandites to the state title (beating Broken Arrow who is 3X the size of Sand Springs)...last time they won state was in 1971. Gfellar was a pinning machine. This has been discussed before but at what weights will Gfellar and Fix wrestle in college? Will coach redshirt them?

I think they will both redshirt. Fix is a 125/33 and Gfeller 141/49 IMO.
I agree that both will redshirt. Fix will wrestle 125. Gfeller will continue to grow and definitely be 141 but may go higher.I am no expert on weight gains but this is what I hear. No need to wrestle them next year with Heil, Brock and Pic back.

I agree that both will redshirt. Fix will wrestle 125. Gfeller will continue to grow and definitely be 141 but may go higher.I am no expert on weight gains but this is what I hear. No need to wrestle them next year with Heil, Brock and Pic back.

If Fix beats Pic in the room then he needs to start. If Gfeller can move to 149 and replace Collica then at would be great.

If Fix beats Pic in the room then he needs to start. If Gfeller can move to 149 and replace Collica then at would be great.

no, Collica has proven a consistent top 2 guy this year and has much experience against the #1, you don't move him out for an untested Fr for whom you could wait, develop and get an extra year.

no, Collica has proven a consistent top 2 guy this year and has much experience against the #1, you don't move him out for an untested Fr for whom you could wait, develop and get an extra year.

Isn't Collica a senior?

You have them wrestle unattached until after the Southern Scuffle, then make the decision, if they can contribute SIGNIFICANTLY MORE at NCAA than the starters in their weight then you pull their Redshirt, likely they Redshirt as Pic will be very good and at 141-149 there are a lot of good wrestlers Llewellan, T. Moran, Martinez, Blaylock etc. and whoever emerges as the starter/s at 141-149.

I say 90% chance they Redshirt, (No inside knowledge, just an opinion)

Does anyone think Heil moves up for his last year?

Heard a certain Juco #1 165 pounder may end up at OSU . Really would like to see him under Coach Smith's coaching

Heard a certain Juco #1 165 pounder may end up at OSU . Really would like to see him under Coach Smith's coaching
looks like he had a bad nationals. Where would he fit? Chandler and Jacobe Smith both have 2 more years.

Didn't he graduate high school in 2013 and start at Wyoming?

335Coop, thanks for posting the story. I had not heard of it before. Kaden will be a great addition to the OSU program...and I'm talking Character.

Reactions: Poketologist
He will! He does private lessons with my son and is such a good role model for these kids. I think he has room for a lot of improvement and I think he will make huge impact for the team in future years. One thing I know about kaden is that his success has came because he outworks the competition and I throughly believe he will do the same in college especially when he starts to work with the best coaching staff in the country!

Reactions: tfpoke
Awesome story on Gfeller. Can't wait to see him and Fix in orange.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT