ADVERTISEMENT

FRL has gone down hill📉

tom_v31

Starter
Jan 24, 2020
Bartlesville
Just a little rant. I haven’t listened to every minute of FRL lately (even today) because it has become too boring but I think they have basically given up on anything but men’s senior freestyle. I love freestyle but I also love college wrestling and high school (age) wrestling.
We have had a Monster summer in recruiting and transfers and I haven’t heard a word about it. Fargo is/was in full swing with GREAT matches and all they want to talk about is foreign wrestlers preview in the Olympics.
We can hate on Askren all we want, but he was entertaining, he knew his stuff and he liked talking about what was relevant in wrestling. Same could be said about Willie and some of the other older talking heads. If CP isn’t there, I couldn’t even finish an episode.
Just my opinion

I haven’t listened the last two days and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with the overall sentiment but it is that time. We’re two weeks out from the Olympics. I completely agree about Askren being a huge loss

FRL lost the spark for me when the old heads, particularly Willie, left. It just became more of a "hang out" than I'm interested in listening to. And Askren interrupted people and changed the subject constantly which was grating to listen to. I try a few times a year but it's just not my style anymore. Thankfully there are more options these days for an earful of wrestling talk.

Just a little rant. I haven’t listened to every minute of FRL lately (even today) because it has become too boring but I think they have basically given up on anything but men’s senior freestyle. I love freestyle but I also love college wrestling and high school (age) wrestling.
We have had a Monster summer in recruiting and transfers and I haven’t heard a word about it. Fargo is/was in full swing with GREAT matches and all they want to talk about is foreign wrestlers preview in the Olympics.
We can hate on Askren all we want, but he was entertaining, he knew his stuff and he liked talking about what was relevant in wrestling. Same could be said about Willie and some of the other older talking heads. If CP isn’t there, I couldn’t even finish an episode.
Just my opinion
Kind of funny. Willie is doing a show for the first time in awhile and the comments are after him for spending so much time on Fargo instead of talking Olympics lol.

Kind of funny. Willie is doing a show for the first time in awhile and the comments are after him for spending so much time on Fargo instead of talking Olympics lol.
Well, somebody has to cover the biggest high school wrestling tournament in the world. Don’t get me wrong, I love Olympic wrestling but couldn’t they have at least carved out a nook where they spoke about Fargo, right in the middle of fargo. In all fairness, I got pretty board with their conversation and turned off the show, so they may have finished with Fargo, but it didn’t seem to be headed in that direction.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Its definitely went down hill. They can't stay on topic and it's like a bunch of corny frat dudes. Now I'd listen to a show with Spey, Kozak and Bader. The rest are juvenile anymore.

Willie is the best hands down. Really Intelligent, informed and passionate. He not only cares about the sport, he cares about the athletes. He's not overly bias towards any team and has the right amount of IDGAF if you like his opinion or not.

Its definitely went down hill. They can't stay on topic and it's like a bunch of corny frat dudes. Now I'd listen to a show with Spey, Kozak and Bader. The rest are juvenile anymore.

Willie is the best hands down. Really Intelligent, informed and passionate. He not only cares about the sport, he cares about the athletes. He's not overly bias towards any team and has the right amount of IDGAF if you like his opinion or not.
đź’Ż You CP in the mix. He knows his stuff

You're talking about Tyler and JD. Yeah, they don't add anything to the podcast. Tyler needs to step up though. He wrestled d1 at michigan and was a qualifier. When he talks about wrestling he's just too insecure about his career. it's like he's always apologizing for being mediocre and shouldn't have an opinion. But when he does talk about technique, he does a pretty good job.

You need CP on the show. He'll voice opinions that aren't always popular, he gets good intel and can direct the show. They need to pay Willie whatever it takes to get him back on the show.

Spey and Kozak are awesome when they're on. Bader is too much of a jon gruden to ever be on the show. Everyone loves him and he gets the interviews you wouldn't think are possible (see Brands, Terry).

The best show WOULD be - CP, Bader, Willie. With special guest Spey and Kozak (Tyler if he would actually step up and talk wrestling).

Reactions: smalls103
I knew FRL would tank when Askren left and I was spot on. Ben brings definitely a level of credibility that others simply don't and his experience and perspective honestly is fantastic to hear always.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I knew FRL would tank when Askren left and I was spot on. Ben brings definitely a level of credibility that others simply don't and his experience and perspective honestly is fantastic to hear always.
I agree. I know that being an Askren fan and an OSU fan seems to be at odds but CP does a great job with a quirky side kick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT