ADVERTISEMENT

Former Twitter Legal Chief Admits Extended Lock Down On New York Post Was A Mistake

You tell us? Did libs pulling the story then having 50 “intelligence officials“ lie along with blanket denials effect your bubbles opinion?
What did that letter say again - I think I have it right here - ah yes here it is (via Medic in the post above)... To summarize: "hey, yeah, that email thing might be a hoax, we don't know for sure, but it smells fishy". Is that the massive smoking gun/lie you are talking about?

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

Since I have to navigate your bubble daily I know the answer, but I’d like to see you try and spin it.
Is it possible for you to engage without whining like a lil child?

Things posted on twitter and twitter employees are definitely two different things. The paper you posted was about algorithms and content amplification, not any effects that political bias may have had on decisions made by twitter employees.
Right. The general case is that Twitter amplified right-leaning content more than left-leaning content. Glad we agree on that. I don't recall any disagreement that the Twitter team leaned left as evidenced by their campaign giving among other signals. I have and will continue to contend that the folks actually making the decisions you are referring to were more influenced by the necessity to turn the business EBITDA positive than their political ideals.
Honestly, I don't know if it was significant or not. I do know the effects of twitter's actions didn't magically cease after 48 hours. The obviously false chant from our esteemed former "intelligence" folks that "the HB laptop is classic Russian disinformation" began after twitter removed the story on October 14. The "intelligence" folks' letter was dated October 19. Do you honestly think the significance of that was zero?
Do you think that the Twitter reversal forced the hand of these shady figures? I would suppose that their letter was a reaction to the attention laptop story was getting overall inclusive of the Twitter mishegoss.
The scrambling by twitter folks to actually come up with a reason to deplatform the story AFTER doing it speaks for itself.
If I am not mistaken the few internal comms released by Musk and team actually support the robust internal conversation about the laptop story being real time, not after the fact. I guess we will know the full story if Elon ever releases the complete set of docs sometime in the future.

Things posted on twitter and twitter employees are definitely two different things. The paper you posted was about algorithms and content amplification, not any effects that political bias may have had on decisions made by twitter employees.

Honestly, I don't know if it was significant or not. I do know the effects of twitter's actions didn't magically cease after 48 hours. The obviously false chant from our esteemed former "intelligence" folks that "the HB laptop is classic Russian disinformation" began after twitter removed the story on October 14. The "intelligence" folks' letter was dated October 19. Do you honestly think the significance of that was zero?

And to preempt a possible question you might ask, no, I don't think Trump would have won had twitter not removed the story.

The scrambling by twitter folks to actually come up with a reason to deplatform the story AFTER doing it speaks for itself.
Medic, while I agree with your argument you are wasting your time and energy talking about it with @davidallen. David has gone into full Alinsky defense mode which means nothing you say will he admit to being credible, no amount of evidence will ever be enough to get him to agree that Twitter skewed left politically. He knows his defense will crumble into dust at the slightest sign of doubt or weakness in his composure. I pointed out in another thread the weakness of his argument that Twitter decisions were motivated by finances not politics. Considering how poorly the company handled its finances it is apparent they should have been more motivated than they were! This is a clear attempt by David to shift the focus away from the obvious and try to get our attention on something that is meaningless about the subject. There may have been executives at Twitter who were concerned with finances (one would hope so!) but the fact is the three executives that were called before the committee were motivated by nothing beyond political concerns. And they’re the ones, the head of the snake as it were, who cooperated with the surveillance state with full commitment. David is intelligent enough to know this, but his whole argument collapses if he admits it. Never forget that for David team trumps everything.

I have and will continue to contend that the folks actually making the decisions you are referring to were more influenced by the necessity to turn the business EBITDA positive than their political ideals.
You're not going to be able to convince me that the deplatforming of the NY Post story was a financial decision because we both know it wasn't.
Do you think that the Twitter reversal forced the hand of these shady figures?
Apparently not. They wrote a letter claiming Russian disinfo after twitter reversed it's initial decision to remove the NYP story.
If I am not mistaken the few internal comms released by Musk and team actually support the robust internal conversation about the laptop story being real time, not after the fact.
Real time as in after the plug was pulled or before the decision to pull it? Everything I've read indicates that the dialogue didn't start until after it had been removed.

What did that letter say again - I think I have it right here - ah yes here it is (via Medic in the post above)... To summarize: "hey, yeah, that email thing might be a hoax, we don't know for sure, but it smells fishy". Is that the massive smoking gun/lie you are talking about?

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

Is it possible for you to engage without whining like a lil child?

Can you wipe your ass or do you have to shower?

Now add the tiny piece you’re trying to isolate as no big deal to how the laptop was presented by your media and pols and weigh that against the handful of Twitter accounts that had you bunged.

You look silly

Medic, while I agree with your argument you are wasting your time and energy talking about it with @davidallen.
Dan, I'm good with David. We actually share a part of a small world. We've had our moments on here, but having interacted with David offline, I can honestly say that David still has some of that contaminated Cushing refinery soil in his blood.

Certainly explains why the left melted down when it was announced Musk was going to buy Twitter. They knew what was going on.
Also explains why they attacked him daily and ridiculed him for buying it.

Fok5DAsWYAAb1Ld

You're not going to be able to convince me that the deplatforming of the NY Post story was a financial decision because we both know it wasn't.
Agreed. The push toward increasing traffic at all costs was the general behavior of the organization. The algorithm is an example of that. The embargo of/warnings applied to the link to the NYP HB Laptop story is a specific example of their disfunction and I agree that in that specific case they flailed around looking for further justification after the initial "hacked materials" rationale fell apart.
Real time as in after the plug was pulled or before the decision to pull it? Everything I've read indicates that the dialogue didn't start until after it had been removed.
Dorsey and others have testified before Congress that there was a decision made internally without outside influence (other than the very masculine constitutional scholar Rho Khanna).

Agreed. The push toward increasing traffic at all costs was the general behavior of the organization. The algorithm is an example of that. The embargo of/warnings applied to the link to the NYP HB Laptop story is a specific example of their disfunction and I agree that in that specific case they flailed around looking for further justification after the initial "hacked materials" rationale fell apart.

Dorsey and others have testified before Congress that there was a decision made internally without outside influence (other than the very masculine constitutional scholar Rho Khanna).

Has the thought of a political career ever crossed yer mind?

Has the thought of a political career ever crossed yer mind?
I rejected that idea long ago. It doesn't pay well enough and I couldn't handle yahoos like you ringing me up all the time asking for special favors. That and I'm not sure if all my files at the Payne County Clerks' office are sealed.

I rejected that idea long ago. It doesn't pay well enough and I couldn't handle yahoos like you ringing me up all the time asking for special favors. That and I'm not sure if all my files at the Payne County Clerks' office are sealed.
Sounds perfect. You have a future in politics. 🤣

The HB laptop was seized by the FBI in Dec 2019 as part of their criminal investigation. The NY Post story was published on Oct 14, 2020. The C Suite of the FBI knew about the laptop and its seizure and knew it wasn't hacked material or disinformation from Russia. We know at least one former FBI Democrat political hack worked for twitter. It's well within reason to suspect that an outside influence may have been involved to protect the Biden campaign from damaging information.

You are a piece of work sometimes.

You know damn well what he's talking about but you have to go with the smug, obtuse response.

I don't mind smug and obtuse if used in moderation but you are a broken record.
I'd love to hear which investigation was predicated on the alleged pee tape. Do you know which one that was?

The HB laptop was seized by the FBI in Dec 2019 as part of their criminal investigation. The NY Post story was published on Oct 14, 2020. The C Suite of the FBI knew about the laptop and its seizure and knew it wasn't hacked material or disinformation from Russia. We know at least one former FBI Democrat political hack worked for twitter. It's well within reason to suspect that an outside influence may have been involved to protect the Biden campaign from damaging information.
I'd presume if there was evidence to support that Matty T would have exposed it. I could be wrong.

Democrats had a complete meltdown, started numerous investigations and spent tens of millions of dollars over allegations of a pee pee tape. Now we have hard evidence, in hand, pointing directly to wrong doings by a Democrat they want to turn a blind eye. LMAO
Sys wanted that pee pee tape to be real, real bad. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Did they? Are you sure? Were there pee tape hearings?
Hard to say, Democrats made so many ridiculous allegations trying to get something to stick but the fact remains Democrats went on a political witch hunt for years and all of you lefties were fully supportive. Now there is hard evidence pointing to very serious wrong doings of the Biden Administration you lefties could give a shit.
You lefties are not concerned with the welfare of this country you are concerned only with gaining power so your party can rule over the country. What you don't realize is if your party does rule over the country life as you know it is over and you will have no one to blame but yourself. What happens to you when your party gains power and starts ruling you? Might want to go back and reference Martin Niemoller, you wouldn't want his words to come back too haunt you.

Right. The general case is that Twitter amplified right-leaning content more than left-leaning content. Glad we agree on that. I don't recall any disagreement that the Twitter team leaned left as evidenced by their campaign giving among other signals. I have and will continue to contend that the folks actually making the decisions you are referring to were more influenced by the necessity to turn the business EBITDA positive than their political ideals.

Do you think that the Twitter reversal forced the hand of these shady figures? I would suppose that their letter was a reaction to the attention laptop story was getting overall inclusive of the Twitter mishegoss.

If I am not mistaken the few internal comms released by Musk and team actually support the robust internal conversation about the laptop story being real time, not after the fact. I guess we will know the full story if Elon ever releases the complete set of docs sometime in the future.
Yer mother needs to comb yer hair.

That he admitted Twitter made a mistake stirkes me as pure horse manure. It reminds me of a criminal apologizing before a judge and jury saying how badly he feels for making his criminal mistake, when what really made him feel badly was that he got caught. Who here believes Twitter would have “straightened up” and started flying right if they hadn’t been exposed by Matt Taibbi’s reporting? I’m convinced they would have continued collaborating with the surveillance apparatus of the government in a relentless pursuit to abolish all contrarian anti-establishment opinion, and people like @davidallen would have continued in his smug glee at what his team was doing and snidely challenging anyone to do anything about it. Well, they got caught and now David and his team are in full spin mode trying to make it seem to not be as bad as it was. This country owes Elon Musk and Matt Taibbi and his merry band of independent journalists a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. They raised the curtain and flooded the cockroaches with light. It is fascinating to watch them scurry in every direction as they have their crimes (moral and otherwise) exposed.

That he admitted Twitter made a mistake stirkes me as pure horse manure. It reminds me of a criminal apologizing before a judge and jury saying how badly he feels for making his criminal mistake, when what really made him feel badly was that he got caught. Who here believes Twitter would have “straightened up” and started flying right if they hadn’t been exposed by Matt Taibbi’s reporting? I’m convinced they would have continued collaborating with the surveillance apparatus of the government in a relentless pursuit to abolish all contrarian anti-establishment opinion, and people like @davidallen would have continued in his smug glee at what his team was doing and snidely challenging anyone to do anything about it. Well, they got caught and now David and his team are in full spin mode trying to make it seem to not be as bad as it was. This country owes Elon Musk and Matt Taibbi and his merry band of independent journalists a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. They raised the curtain and flooded the cockroaches with light. It is fascinating to watch them scurry in every direction as they have their crimes (moral and otherwise) exposed.
What's the difference between David or Joe? 😂

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT