ADVERTISEMENT

Food For Thought From Matt Taibbi

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
He’s a left-winger. Does that make him a Putin apologist? You decide.

War mongers are chomping at the bit to fund another war and central banks want to fund both sides and make the trillions Interests every year from it.

So Much so the My will use the state owned media to LIE to get us into wars. If we
Go to war with Russia the nukes will come
Out- life over as we know it - it's such BS. Our dumb ass country is ran by POS elitists who don't give a damn about OUR country

He’s a left-winger. Does that make him a Putin apologist? You decide.

Oh, Taibbi is spot on. He also said nothing to defend or criticize Putin, which I guess I don't have a problem with in the context of his point. He is more or less intellectually consistent, even if I disagree with him from time to time.

This situation is so touchy and complex I've stayed out of it other than to generally oppose going to war to bail out Europe -- it's a European affair, imo.

That said, I'm also not surprised that the same element that supported MAGA and Trump and resisted crystal clear evidence of Russian corruption of Trump administration seem totally quiet about condemning Putin's aggression. Not wanting to go to war is understandable and I agree, but Putin is a merciless thug that is creating this problem and the deafening lack of criticism towards him from the supposedly anti-war crowd is deafening. He's responsible for this. He deserves tremendous blowback and I hope Russia takes it on the chin for this outrage.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Oh, Taibbi is spot on. He also said nothing to defend or criticize Putin, which I guess I don't have a problem with in the context of his point. He is more or less intellectually consistent, even if I disagree with him from time to time.

This situation is so touchy and complex I've stayed out of it other than to generally oppose going to war to bail out Europe -- it's a European affair, imo.

That said, I'm also not surprised that the same element that supported MAGA and Trump and resisted crystal clear evidence of Russian corruption of Trump administration seem totally quiet about condemning Putin's aggression. Not wanting to go to war is understandable and I agree, but Putin is a merciless thug that is creating this problem and the deafening lack of criticism towards him from the supposedly anti-war crowd is deafening. He's responsible for this. He deserves tremendous blowback and I hope Russia takes it on the chin for this outrage.
I suggest you take about an hour and watch the lecture Alpha Woke posted. Nobody is arguing against Putin being a thug. But the lecture may help clarify and change your mind about who is driving this crisis.

Last edited:
I suggest you take about an hour and watch the lecture Alpha Woke posted. Nobody is arguing against Putin being a thug. But the lecture may help clarify and change your mind about who is driving this crisis.
I dont'have an hour to watch a video. I don't do videos. Kliff's? Putin is moving military forces to the Ukraine border, are you gonna tell me it's someone else's doing?

Putin's gonna get a lot of people killed and try to install a totalitarian regime. The deafening silence of the anti-war crowd against the predator that's starting a war is noted.

I dont'have an hour to watch a video. I don't do videos. Kliff's? Putin is moving military forces to the Ukraine border, are you gonna tell me it's someone else's doing?

Putin's gonna get a lot of people killed and try to install a totalitarian regime. The deafening silence of the anti-war crowd against the predator that's starting a war is noted.
I’m curious where you got the information that led you to the opinion you have and how much time you spent absorbing it.

I’m curious where you got the information that led you to the opinion you have and how much time you spent absorbing it.

My opinion that Putin is a thug and wants a totalitarian regime comes from decades of public reporting. Surely you don't refute this?

My opinion that we should avoid a war in eastern europe is from being raised around WWII, Korean and Vietnam vets that I trusted and respected and they loved America and they advised to NOT go to war because it's so awful.

My opinion that Putin is a thug and wants a totalitarian regime comes from decades of public reporting. Surely you don't refute this?

My opinion that we should avoid a war in eastern europe is from being raised around WWII, Korean and Vietnam vets that I trusted and respected and they loved America and they advised to NOT go to war because it's so awful.
One of the things in the lecture you refuse to watch is the explanation that Putin is a thug of a country that is declining into third world status, that he would seek to increase his power in other parts of the world, but he knows he doesn't have the ability to do it, and so he doesn't try. The situation in the Ukraine is not his doing, but Ukraine is considered to be of vital national interest to Russia (not just Putin), and as such they will not back away from conflict no matter how much the USA pushes them.

Reactions: Syskatine
One of the things in the lecture you refuse to watch is the explanation that Putin is a thug of a country that is declining into third world status, that he would seek to increase his power in other parts of the world, but he knows he doesn't have the ability to do it, and so he doesn't try. The situation in the Ukraine is not his doing, but Ukraine is considered to be of vital national interest to Russia (not just Putin), and as such they will not back away from conflict no matter how much the USA pushes them.
How is the situation in ukraine not his doing?

How is the situation in ukraine not his doing?
He made it clear from the day he took office that Ukraine would never be allowed to join NATO.. The USA dismissed his concerns and demands and continued to push. Ukraine as part of NATO is a red line Russia will not back away from, even if it means going to war, which it doesn't want and has never wanted. This idea that Putin is clamoring to invade Ukraine is a false flag being planted by the US intelligence community as part of propaganda to lure unsuspecting Americans into accepting their global vision.

Reactions: Alpha Woke
He made it clear from the day he took office that Ukraine would never be allowed to join NATO.. The USA dismissed his concerns and demands and continued to push. Ukraine as part of NATO is a red line Russia will not back away from, even if it means going to war, which it doesn't want and has never wanted. This idea that Putin is clamoring to invade Ukraine is a false flag being planted by the US intelligence community as part of propaganda to lure unsuspecting Americans into accepting their global vision.
So russian forces have not mobilized on Ukraine's border? What's the false flag now? Putin is obviously being aggressive.

So russian forces have not mobilized on Ukraine's border? What's the false flag now? Putin is obviously being aggressive.

When you only get one side of the story, you’re bound to miss some pertinent facts.

I don’t feel like I should have to tell a lawyer something so self evident in their profession.

You’re wanting to debate against an argument about which you don’t want to know anything. The lecture, if you wanted to attend it, answers your questions with great clarity.

P1
You’re wanting to debate against an argument about which you don’t want to know anything. The lecture, if you wanted to attend it, answers your questions with great clarity.
Ok.

Seems a certain demographic is critical of the U.S. and not Putin, and I can't get my head around that. You seem to take it pretty easy on him and he embodies the worst of every value you articulate on here.

He made it clear from the day he took office that Ukraine would never be allowed to join NATO..
So, Putin gets to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? I'd like to read your reasoning on how this attitude by Putin doesn't make him directly responsible for what is occurring

Last edited:
That said, I'm also not surprised that the same element that supported MAGA and Trump and resisted crystal clear evidence of Russian corruption of Trump administration seem totally quiet about condemning Putin's aggression.
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!! And there it is!!!! MuH rUsSiA!!!! Still waiting on those piss tapes for your spank bank?

Seems a certain demographic is critical of the U.S. and not Putin, and I can't get my head around that. You seem to take it pretty easy on him and he embodies the worst of every value you articulate on here.
My observation on this, in terms of the domestic political conversation occurring in our country right now about Russia/Ukraine, is that the conversation is filled with a lot of contradictions and hypocrisy. Everyone, especially those critical of Biden, are trying to position themselves into a place where they can either criticize Biden for what he does/doesn't do or they can defend Biden for whatever occurs. So they are staking out positions based on where they think all of this is heading, but then when something changes, that positions then shifts. People are all over the place on this to the point that I have grown tired reading and listening to most of what everyone is saying. Most of them don't have a clue what is going to happen or why and their principles seem to shift with the wind.

The idea that Putin has a right to tell a sovereign state they can't join NATO and yet this doesn't make him a major reason for the conflict is absurd in my opinion. Now, I am sure there will be those who claim we do the same thing. Make demands of sovereign states and draw lines on what we will and won't allow. However, the same people defending Putin's actions are almost always the same people who turn around and criticize the US government for doing the same thing. When it is the US, the US is the aggressor then. Yet, when Putin does it, he is just protecting Russia's vital national interest! Like I said, so many contradictions floating around nowadays.

Last edited:
My observation on this, in terms of the domestic political conversation occurring in our country right now about Russia/Ukraine, is that the conversation is filled with a lot of contradictions and hypocrisy. Everyone, especially those critical of Biden, are trying to position themselves into a place where they can either criticize Biden for what he does/doesn't do or they can defend Biden for whatever occurs. So they are staking out positions based on where they think all of this is heading, but then when something changes, that positions then shifts. People are all over the place on this to the point that I have grown tired reading and listening to most of whatever one is saying. Most of them don't have a clue what is going to happen or why and their principles seem to shift with the wind.

The idea that Putin has a right to tell a sovereign state they can't join NATO and yet this doesn't make him a major reason for the conflict is absurd in my opinion. Now, I am sure there will be those who claim we do the same thing. Make demands of sovereign states and draw lines on what we will and won't allow. However, the same people defending Putin's actions are almost always the same people who turn around and criticize the US government for doing the same thing. When it is the US, the US is the aggressor then. Yet, when Putin does it, he is just protecting Russia's vital national interest! Like I said, so many contradictions floating around nowadays.

I think you forgot to log out.

So, Putin gets to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? I'd like to read your reasoning on how this attitude by Putin doesn't make his directly responsible for what is occurring
Did you watch the video I posted or the lecture Alpha Woke shared? It will provide you with the reasoning. This is not a crisis that can be summed up in sound bites.

Last edited:
Did you watch the video I posted or the lecture Alpha Woke shared?
Yes I did. I've watched way too much

Now I'd like to read your reasoning. Does (what you referenced) Putin getting to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Now I'd like to read your reasoning. Does (what you referenced) Putin getting to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?
This seems obvious.

Reactions: my_2cents

I think you stopped short. The professor gets to the part where he talks about the Monroe Doctrine and how America has made it very clear that it will accept no foreign military intervention in our hemisphere. This is our hemisphere, hands off! Russia insists on having a strategic buffer zone with the same ferocity as we do. Actually, based on your comment I don’t believe you watched the lecture. I think you’re lying.

Reactions: Medic007
I think you stopped short.
No I didn't.

The professor gets to the part where he talks about the Monroe Doctrine and how America has made it very clear that it will accept no foreign military intervention in our hemisphere. This is our hemisphere, hands off! Russia insists on having a strategic buffer zone with the same ferocity as we do.
Yes, all true.

Still waiting on you to answer my questions though. Again, does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Your own words, not the professor's . . . like you always demand of others.

No I didn't.

Yes, all true.

Still waiting on you to answer my questions though. Again, does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Your own words, not the professor's . . . like you always demand of others.
No, I’m not going to play games with a liar.

No, I’m not going to play games with a liar.
🤣🤣

No games here. You made a claim. I presented an argument to dispute that claim. And you apparently can't come up with any response to that argument. Hiding behind some video, when you routinely attack others for doing the same thing on here.

If you can't back up your claim, stop making it.

Come back when you’ve really watched the lecture and are no longer lying about it and we’ll talk.
Again, I watched the video.

I am now asking you thought to back up your claim without pointing to that speaker. To do what you demand of others on here all the time. If you think the answer was in the video, it shouldn't be too hard for you to back up your claim.

Again, does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Again, I watched the video.

I am now asking you thought to back up your claim without pointing to that speaker. To do what you demand of others on here all the time. If you think the answer was in the video, it shouldn't be too hard for you to back up your claim.

Again, does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?
Again, you’re a liar. If you watched the lecture you wouldn’t need to ask the question, you’d know the answer. In fact, you say you watched the lecture. You tell me what the professor said. If you pass this test - which should be easy to do since you say you watched the lecture all the way through - then I’ll put it in my words for you. If you can’t do that it will prove you’re lying.

Again, you’re a liar. If you watched the lecture you wouldn’t need to ask the question, you’d know the answer. In fact, you say you watched the lecture. You tell me what the professor said. If you pass this test - which should be easy to do since you say you watched the lecture all the way through - then I’ll put it in my words for you. If you can’t do that it will prove you’re lying.
Now who is playing games? We both know Dan there is nothing that I could say about that video that would past your test. :rolleyes:

I asked you two simple questions related to a claim you made. I will ask them once again, just like you do to posters when they make claims on here and refuse to accept anything but their own words. I will be more than glad to talk with you about anything in that video, but only after you answer the simple questions I asked:

Does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Now who is playing games? We both know Dan there is nothing that I could say about that video that would past your test. :rolleyes:

I asked you two simple questions related to a claim you made. I will ask them once again, just like you do to posters when they make claims on here and refuse to accept anything but their own words. I will be more than glad to talk with you about anything in that video, but only after you answer the simple questions I asked:

Does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?
Won’t do it because you can’t do it because you’re lying about having watched it. I’ll tell you what, it’s late and I’m going to bed. That’ll give you all night to watch it, prepare your notes and we’ll talk about it in the morning.

Won’t do it because you can’t do it because you’re lying about having watched it. I’ll tell you what, it’s late and I’m going to bed. That’ll give you all night to watch it, prepare your notes and we’ll talk about it in the morning.
And these two questions will still be waiting on you in the morning...

And these two questions will still be waiting on you in the morning...

A little knowledge on the region would help you.

I prefer you don’t learn anything and keep asking questions that make you look like a cvnty child.

Dan, those are obvious, good faith, common sense questions that shouldn't require an hour long video.

Also, Maga's malevolence to Ukraine was certainly indicated with Trump's threat to not help them if they didnt announce an investigation into candidate Biden, and then all the smoke and fire that erupted from that. You'd think a strong advocate of non-involvement would be aware of that and address that, too. They've been pro-Putin a long time and this non-involvement passion from MAGA dovetails reeeeeal nice with their anti-democracy and anti-american leanings.

I cant get my head around why you're so forgiving of naked aggression from a wanna- be dictator. Putin stands for everything you're supposedly against.

Dan, those are obvious, good faith, common sense questions that shouldn't require an hour long video.
Of course they are. And if he is so convinced about his claim, he should have no problem simply answering the questions. Instead, he is playing his usual passive aggressive games (while claiming I'm the one playing game simply by asking questions lol). Talking about me passing some test of his regarding the video too. It appears he is doing anything to keep from simply backing up his claim.

So again @Ponca Dan, does (what you referenced) Putin get to dictate to Ukraine and the rest of the world what Ukraine, a sovereign state, can and cannot do? And if so, how does this attitude by Putin not make him directly responsible for what is occurring?

Also, Maga's malevolence to Ukraine was certainly indicated with Trump's threat to not help them if they didnt announce an investigation into candidate Biden, and then all the smoke and fire that erupted from that. You'd think a strong advocate of non-involvement would be aware of that and address that, too. They've been pro-Putin a long time and this non-involvement passion from MAGA dovetails reeeeeal nice with their anti-democracy and anti-american leanings.

I cant get my head around why you're so forgiving of naked aggression from a wanna- be dictator. Putin stands for everything you're supposedly against.
Sys, if you would bother to watch the lecture you would see that it was given in 2015, predating anything having to do with Donald Trump or MAGA. To this point what naked aggression has Russia promulgated? To this point there has been no invasion, although if you would watch the video/interview I posted of Aaron Mate with a retired Colonel (forgot his name) you would be given additional historical evidence of why Russia is behaving the way it is to counter American/NATO aggression. I have not once called Putin a good name, I don't think he's a good guy. But Russia is responding to American/NATO aggression with the same defiance that America had when the USSR attempted to put missiles in Cuba. Russia has said for years it would not tolerate offensive missiles on its border, just as America imposes the Monroe Doctrine to protect its borders. America is testing to see if Russia means what it says. We're about to find out.

Sys, if you would bother to watch the lecture you would see that it was given in 2015, predating anything having to do with Donald Trump or MAGA. To this point what naked aggression has Russia promulgated? To this point there has been no invasion, although if you would watch the video/interview I posted of Aaron Mate with a retired Colonel (forgot his name) you would be given additional historical evidence of why Russia is behaving the way it is to counter American/NATO aggression. I have not once called Putin a good name, I don't think he's a good guy. But Russia is responding to American/NATO aggression with the same defiance that America had when the USSR attempted to put missiles in Cuba. Russia has said for years it would not tolerate offensive missiles on its border, just as America imposes the Monroe Doctrine to protect its borders. America is testing to see if Russia means what it says. We're about to find out.

Luckily the USA led by Biden has been removed from the process.

The Germans and French are facilitating peace talks.

I don't think he's a good guy. But Russia is responding to American/NATO aggression with the same defiance that America had when the USSR attempted to put missiles in Cuba.

Oh hell you're just buying any casus belli they put out there! We can offensively destroy them from silos in the heartland or submarines in the baltic, or a bomber releasing a missile from any number of places. The same concerns about geography and nukes from 1962 really aren't in play here. Well, of course unless Putin says they are and you believe it.

Also, Ukraine isn't NATO. It's basic, fundamental principle that one sovereign doesn't get to tell another one who they can affiliate with.

Your mental gymnastics to defend Putin and his malevolence, and condemn the U.S., is pretty amazing. It's almost like you're for Putin's territorial ambitions and peace is secondary. I agree we shouldn't start shooting in this, but your appeasement/pro-Putin position is confounding. You thundering about limited government and individuality and corruption and then you pooh pooh THIS GUY's aggression? Hell you don't even admit he's being aggressive, lol. I don't know what's in your head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT