ADVERTISEMENT

Flashlights....no really, this was intriguing.

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Backstory. I started looking at flashlights for some crazy reason with all this rain. Both for a couple of my guns and just because....they are good to have (inside joke with my family).

https://shop.monsterflashlight.com

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?320356-Monster-Flashlight-(Brand)

So I happened upon get this website, well, because they were right out of the gates with my google search. Some of you may have seen this ages ago, but I thought it was pretty funny. First of all, I had no idea there was a forum dedicated to flashlights. For some reason that struck me as pretty odd. Not my first choice of item to get freaky about. But the website (Monster Flashlights) and it's crazy claims....3300 lumens...and all the "reviews" written about their products...each one sounding eerily similar to the next one.....with some completely outlandish ones lol...anyway...just take a look at the website and then read through the 2 page forum discussion that leads to a thread being locked a couple of times. I learned more than I probably cared to know about flashlights and also wondered how many people slammed down almost $400 bucks for the "top model"....

Cliff notes...the flash lights on that page are outrageously priced, and turns out they appear to be repackaged and rebranded Chinese made torches

That forum for "flashlight freaks" starts of with some discussion, then the owner of said flashlight company chimes in....then apparently chimes in some more....albeit under the guise of "satisfied customers", for which the savvy flashlight forum crew seems to catch onto the ruse...i dont know, it was funny to me for some reason and thought I'd share.

I have stumbled onto a flashlight fan forum before.

My daughter was two or three and burning out my batteries every night because she "needed" a light in bed with her. I thought maybe I could find a low heat output with built in rechargeable batteries...

I learned pretty quickly that flashlights was a very serious hobby to some people. I lacked the cookie sticks to understand half of what they were talking about.

You want to see some true dedication? See if there is a forum dedicated to custom builds. It's like the last step in their Jedi training.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT