ADVERTISEMENT

Fix fails PED test

I can't remember the last time I had this much faith in a wrestler. I was stunned when it came out, but I'm feeling better about it now. If it turns out to be fake news, well, that's pretty mean-hearted. It's a hard world and we're all capable of making mistakes. fingers crossed

A friend of mine texted me last night before the Iowa dual at a event it was announced Gilman will be going to PanAms

according to flo wrestling, the person who gave the test wasn't part of usa wrestling or wada or NCAA ...

according to flo wrestling, the person who gave the test wasn't part of usa wrestling or wada or NCAA ...
Now I see on Flo that Darian Cruz going to the actual Pan Ams. The qualifier is later and apparently Gilman is going to that. It would be nice if someone would at least confirm or deny the post by Mineo.

I feel by now we should have heard an official statement denying it if it wasn't true. It's damaging to his respect and to the recruiting classes coming in if they think one of their most important reasons for coming here (Team Leader Daton Fix) is losing a year or two. My best guess is there is some type of appeal going on before they can speak about it. Damn.

I feel by now we should have heard an official statement denying it if it wasn't true. It's damaging to his respect and to the recruiting classes coming in if they think one of their most important reasons for coming here (Team Leader Daton Fix) is losing a year or two. My best guess is there is some type of appeal going on before they can speak about it. Damn.
Curious, what would they be denying?

Reactions: SquinkY5786
IF he is suspended,
It’s a year tops. Most incoming recruits are going to redshirt. Won’t have an impact on recruits whatsoever.

Can’t imagine anything would be said until their is something official to respond to.

Reading through Mineo’s Twitter feed it sounds like:

1. Fix is appealing
2. Mineo says OSU has the power to but likely won’t suspend him

Can’t imagine anything would be said until their is something official to respond to.

Reading through Mineo’s Twitter feed it sounds like:

1. Fix is appealing
2. Mineo says OSU has the power to but likely won’t suspend him

I think it’s pretty certain at this point something happened regarding a drug test based on several credible people discussing it and the news that Gilman will now be going to the Pan-Ams.

What isn’t clear is what it was and if there was or should of been any type of medical exception. If I had to bet I would imagine that is the delay in saying anything. They are appealing or working through a similar process.

Hate it regardless as he will miss the opportunity to qualify the weight and will likely lose the #1 seed at the qualifiers even if this turns out to be a mistake.

Reactions: JAY45
Sounds like it may be more of a disclosure issue than it is a taking drugs he wasn't supposed to issue. Hopefully it gets worked out, but from what I've heard, it shouldn't have any impact on his OSU wrestling career.

Sounds like it may be more of a disclosure issue than it is a taking drugs he wasn't supposed to issue. Hopefully it gets worked out, but from what I've heard, it shouldn't have any impact on his OSU wrestling career.
Update from someone close to the family, but it’s third hand for me: they think it’s just a clerical issue that will be resolved.

Update from someone close to the family, but it’s third hand for me: they think it’s just a clerical issue that will be resolved.

It sounds like he has been pulled from the Pan Ams which isn’t a great sign but hopefully it’s just a timing issue.

I think it’s pretty certain at this point something happened regarding a drug test based on several credible people discussing it and the news that Gilman will now be going to the Pan-Ams.

What isn’t clear is what it was and if there was or should of been any type of medical exception. If I had to bet I would imagine that is the delay in saying anything. They are appealing or working through a similar process.

Hate it regardless as he will miss the opportunity to qualify the weight and will likely lose the #1 seed at the qualifiers even if this turns out to be a mistake.
Hopefully Fix gets cleared before the trials and Gilman qualify’s the weight for the Olympics. Could be a good thing not making the weight twice. The Cuban has a win over Gilman so hopefully they meet in the finals. I don’t think the seeds will really matter at the trials it’s a loaded weight.

Hopefully Fix gets cleared before the trials and Gilman qualify’s the weight for the Olympics. Could be a good thing not making the weight twice. The Cuban has a win over Gilman so hopefully they meet in the finals. I don’t think the seeds will really matter at the trials it’s a loaded weight.

At 57kg getting the one seed for Fix is massive. Would make Gilman and Lee go in the semis and Fix getting an easier path to the finals.

At 57kg getting the one seed for Fix is massive. Would make Gilman and Lee go in the semis and Fix getting an easier path to the finals.
I think Suriano is Fix’s worst matchup. Colon and Gross also will be there. I could see the 1 seed being important if qualifying the weight at the pan ams gave you a bye to the semis but I don’t think that has been announced yet.

I think Suriano is Fix’s worst matchup. Colon and Gross also will be there. I could see the 1 seed being important if qualifying the weight at the pan ams gave you a bye to the semis but I don’t think that has been announced yet.
If Gilman qualifies the weight he's the #1 seed.And no the #1 will NOT get a bye to semis

Reactions: Dugan6117
Making a World Team for 2020 is going to be one of the most prestigious accomplishments of any wrestler's life. Imagine that great 72 team reduced from 10 to 6. The only thing that would make it better would be if Russia is at full force. Daton or whoever gets the spot will need to bring home a medal.

Reactions: Dugan6117
So I assume this so called clerical error rumor would mean that some sort of paperwork was filed for a legitimate prescription, but there’s an issue somewhere in the process of finding/confirming the document?

I heard that Daton is appealing on the grounds that he was just trying to get his Fix.
Official Pan Am entrants include Alex Dierenger at 92kg. That converts to 202.825 pounds. Wow-far cry from 157-165# in college.
I am always scrambling for a conversion chart when I read the weights of our wrestlers in kg so for those who care and do not want to calculate 1kg=2.2046 #, here is my chart.
50kg=110.23
55kg=121.25
57kg=125.66
61kg =134.2
63kg=138.89
65kg=143.30
70kg=154.32
74kg=163.14
79kg=174.17
84kg=185.18
86kg=189.6
92kg=202.825
97kg=213.848
125kg=275.577

Official Pan Am entrants include Alex Dierenger at 92kg. That converts to 202.825 pounds. Wow-far cry from 157-165# in college.
I am always scrambling for a conversion chart when I read the weights of our wrestlers in kg so for those who care and do not want to calculate 1kg=2.2046 #, here is my chart.
50kg=110.23
55kg=121.25
57kg=125.66
61kg =134.2
63kg=138.89
65kg=143.30
70kg=154.32
74kg=163.14
79kg=174.17
84kg=185.18
86kg=189.6
92kg=202.825
97kg=213.848
125kg=275.577
It's a rankings event so he's going up to 92kg

After reading all of the symptoms, side effects and proscriptions it appears to me the only use for a wrestler not having narcolepsy or attention deficit disorder is to lose weight. Most of the other possible side effects are not conducive to a wrestler and in fact might be harmful. It is an amphetamine so I guess it could increase thought processes and/or reaction time. It also carries a warning that it is habit forming. I know after reading all the warnings I could not take it. I hope Daton did not take it.
It gives you energy like a mofo. Combine with an opiate you will be a wild man literally running circles around your work mates in just a t shirt when it's only ten degrees out. Everyone is amazed. The next day without either you're bundled up more than anyone and freezing your ass off lol. Also in college it's mostly used as a study drug. Can be taken to mask other peds as well.

I've always heard that Daton's big goal was to be an Olympian. There is probably a good chance that the Olympics will be cancelled. PED'st won't keep him from the Olympics this go around. If the rumors are true, let's hope he never goes down that trail again.

I've always heard that Daton's big goal was to be an Olympian. There is probably a good chance that the Olympics will be cancelled. PED'st won't keep him from the Olympics this go around. If the rumors are true, let's hope he never goes down that trail again.
Honestly I don’t think he was using it to cheat. I think it’s something he’s been taking for years and the whole thing was a clerical error.

It gives you energy like a mofo. Combine with an opiate you will be a wild man literally running circles around your work mates in just a t shirt when it's only ten degrees out. Everyone is amazed. The next day without either you're bundled up more than anyone and freezing your ass off lol. Also in college it's mostly used as a study drug. Can be taken to mask other peds as well.
This is bad info. If this was true, do you think they would give it to someone with ADHD?

Adderall (amphetamine) actually calms a person with ADHD and allows their brain and body a much higher level of impulse control.

Why haven’t we heard a peep out of anyone about this? I’m guessing there are plenty of people that know. I’m hoping the clerical error folks are in the know. How you have a clerical error at that level is beyond me.

I sure hope it was a clerical error but those clerical errors can be devastating......

At the 1972 Olympics Rick DeMont was disqualified after winning the 400M freestyle. The gold medal was taken from him and he was forbidden to compete in any further races. At the time he was the world record holder in the 1500 meter freestyle.

He was disqualified for a forbidden substance from his asthma medicine in his urine sample. And although he had properly notified the USOC of this medicine the USOC never informed the IOC.

He later went on to set a world record in the 400 meter freestyle being the first to break the 4 minute barrier.....3:58.18.

He never swim in another Olympics.

I was surprised that no one asked Coach Smith about him during the Big12 tournament. Maybe it's an unspoken understanding not to ask about such things?

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT