ADVERTISEMENT

Fix fails PED test

Mineo is rarely wrong, he also broke the Zahid story, said the PED was aderall.

Willie is saying that the Mineo guy is only getting half the story correct and he already confirmed the Zahid news so hopefully he is wrong (very possible) about Fix.

Yeah that's not a source of information, it's a Twitter guy making a statement & suggesting there's a source but not providing any.
No news article confirming this on Fix. He already had to retract part of the story as he initially said it was in Rome but had to backtrack and say it "was somewhere else" but still sticks with the story that it was adderal. Valencia's drug reportedto be cocaine. Not saying he is wrong but so far no confirmation from anyone about Fix.

Sounds like there are some very good sources saying the news is true about Daton.

Not to lend credibility to any of these "sources" but some are saying PEDs and some are saying Addy. Is Addy considered a PED?

Where’d you hear that? Did the NCAA or someone say it? Is it in the NCAA rules?
I don't like posting what I hear.Its a NCAA rule any athlete who fails a test by a governing body who uses WADA is suspended by the NCAA as well.
31.2.3.1.2. Positive Drug Test is what its under if you want to read it for yourself.Daton could miss 1 NCAA tournament and be back for the last dual and conferences and NCAA 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: OSAggie
giphy.gif

I don't like posting what I hear.Its a NCAA rule any athlete who fails a test by a governing body who uses WADA is suspended by the NCAA as well.
31.2.3.1.2. Positive Drug Test is what its under if you want to read it for yourself.Daton would miss 1 NCAA tournament and be back for the last dual and conferences and NCAA 2022
At the time of this post there has not been any confirmed source,newspaper article,statement from OK State or from Daton,parents, UWW,etc. Arizona State has confirmed the suspension of Valencia. Before making pronouncements on the punishment for Daton we should wait to hear from the proper authorities.Your original statement was given in a manner that indicated the suspension had been announced. Should there not be an "if" in your statement, "NCAA will honor the UWW suspension which could cost him 2 years"?

At the time of this post there has not been any confirmed source,newspaper article,statement from OK State or from Daton,parents, UWW,etc. Arizona State has confirmed the suspension of Valencia. Before making pronouncements on the punishment for Daton we should wait to hear from the proper authorities.Your original statement was given in a manner that indicated the suspension had been announced. Should there not be an "if" in your statement, "NCAA will honor the UWW suspension which could cost him 2 years"?
I agree with this and am hoping this is BS, but the longer this goes on the silence on the other side (USAW, OSU, etc) is very concerning. They could put this rumor to rest real quickly.

Reactions: oberebo
I agree with this and am hoping this is BS, but the longer this goes on the silence on the other side (USAW, OSU, etc) is very concerning. They could put this rumor to rest real quickly.
I hope it is not true but I will admit concern just as you have indicated.

Go read all the posts was explaining the consequences to the guy.I said COULD cost him 2 years.They word COULD meaning if it happened.Not gonna get into that with you but expect a statement from Daton soon.I don't post trash and never have

I would imagine Daton will appeal the suspension and could get a reduction. Really terrible deal for him. My hope is that it is related to something he has an actual prescription for that ended up getting flagged.

Go read all the posts was explaining the consequences to the guy.I said COULD cost him 2 years.They word COULD meaning if it happened.Not gonna get into that with you but expect a statement from Daton soon.I don't post trash and never have
I read all the posts. The "could" in your statement refers to the punishment but the rest of the statement assumes that the story is true. It may be true but that has not been announced. I never in any way indicated you were posting trash, simply asked a question. Obviously, I do not want it to be true but what I want and OK State fans want does not dictate the truth.

I read all the posts. The "could" in your statement refers to the punishment but the rest of the statement assumes that the story is true. It may be true but that has not been announced. I never in any way indicated you were posting trash, simply asked a question. Obviously, I do not want it to be true but what I want and OK State fans want does not dictate the truth.
The story was posted above.I was commenting on it.And I was informing people who didn't know the ramifications what they could be.We can agree to disagree.

Reactions: osu2082 and oberebo
There are a lot of hypotheticals being taken as fact.
1. Are we absolutely sure the uww nailed him for anything? (I haven’t heard any confirmation on this)
2. If so, was it adderall like the internet is saying?
3. Is legally prescribed substances to aid with in every day life, sufficient to be banned from the NCAA? (Who gives a flying crap if it is a appetite reducer.)
This sounds like it could be a rabbit hole by haters. This is the third time for Z and it was illegal. We all know how reliable the internet is.

Reactions: tim73034
The story was posted above.I was commenting on it.And I was informing people who didn't know the ramifications what they could be.We can agree to disagree.
I haven't seen any official story posted anywhere. It's interesting this came out the same day as Zahid when the two appear to be completely unrelated. It's been reported by others sources (but haven't see from an official ASU source) that ASU has suspended Z. But again totally unrelated to Daton. There 's been speculation of Adderall (again unconfirmed rumor). Addrenall is an important drug for those with narcolepsy. If you know someone with narcolepsy it can be a serious problem. We have no source info for any of this speculation at this time and we could be talking about prescribed medication. Really should wait till there are facts.

I would guess if it is for adderol and a script or a sample pack from a doctor appears he should be fine. Maybe the process is just waiting for this portion.

After reading all of the symptoms, side effects and proscriptions it appears to me the only use for a wrestler not having narcolepsy or attention deficit disorder is to lose weight. Most of the other possible side effects are not conducive to a wrestler and in fact might be harmful. It is an amphetamine so I guess it could increase thought processes and/or reaction time. It also carries a warning that it is habit forming. I know after reading all the warnings I could not take it. I hope Daton did not take it.

Well, if they are legal and Doctor prescribed and needed (which should be easy to prove), then there is no fear. I’m a doctor, I prescribe medicine daily, but it is legal and needed. That ties the hands of any legal body, at least in the US. As long as he is not abusing them, they are needed and the doctor isn’t completely over prescribing, there is nothing to worry about. As for Olympic competition, I can’t answer for that.

It is one of the most legally prescribed and abused medications by high school and college students and athletes.

Kids use it to focus and study for tests, focus to workout, fight hangovers and to help lose/cut weight.

Reactions: pokenrally
IF it is accurate and IF it is addy, this is not something that he just started using most likely.

AND, I seriously doubt there wasn't check done by the family and the team to confirm he could use it.

I read that to mean 1 year from the time of the test. That would bring him back just after the scuffle next season. I'm hoping it's a false negative or even some other believable scenario.

Reactions: OSAggie
I talked with Derick on Sunday, we talked a little about Daton Wrestling next month in the Pan Ams. I would think if an athlete fails a drug test that he would be notified well before anyone in the public is. This gives me hope that this is a bogus story.

IF it is accurate and IF it is addy, this is not something that he just started using most likely.

AND, I seriously doubt there wasn't check done by the family and the team to confirm he could use it.
Exactly. Fix has competed internationally for years. This wasn’t their first rodeo. These guys know know everything that goes in their body and don’t take anything without checking with a trainer first.

Exactly. Fix has competed internationally for years. This wasn’t their first rodeo. These guys know know everything that goes in their body and don’t take anything without checking with a trainer first.

Precisely what I was trying to say. Even advocare type supplements are checked/cleared.

Mineo is rarely wrong, he also broke the Zahid story, said the PED was aderall.
If you watch the Flo broadcast they aren't even talking about this case because there are no facts and no source (at least at this time) and they state they do know that what this Twitter guy reported is inaccurate. Even half of what he reported about Zahid is wrong in terms of where tested and they say no one yet knows who, what or where the Z test occurred or substance. Seems only thing know is AZcentral reported what ASU did but no one confirming. Seem to be saying nothing reported, no source, zip at this time on F. So they have disproved the "rarely wrong" theory.

If you watch the Flo broadcast they aren't even talking about this case because there are no facts and no source (at least at this time) and they state they do know that what this Twitter guy reported is inaccurate. Even half of what he reported about Zahid is wrong in terms of where tested and they say no one yet knows who, what or where the Z test occurred or substance. Seems only thing know is AZcentral reported what ASU did but no one confirming. Seem to be saying nothing reported, no source, zip at this time on F. So they have disproved the "rarely wrong" theory.
Actually, they quote a statement from the AZ State Athletic department, "Zahid Valencia has been indefinitely suspended from the Arizona State wrestling team". No other statement from ASU has been announced.

Actually, they quote a statement from the AZ State Athletic department, "Zahid Valencia has been indefinitely suspended from the Arizona State wrestling team". No other statement from ASU has been announced.
I think they actual quoted a statement from AZCentral (assuming that's a news agency) saying ASU said he was suspended indefinitely but got no reply back from AZcentral or ASU when attempting to confirm. Used to be needed two sources or confirmation in journalism but we now live in the twitter world.

Reactions: osuja and oberebo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT