ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari transferring?

The only mistake we know of as of right now that Coach Smith made was taking a chance on AJ. He had some questions surrounding his character in high school, but being a top recruit with his talent is something you have to take a chance on sometimes and hope it doesn't backfire. Initially it worked out, but unfortunately in the end AJ's ego got in the way, but that falls on AJ not the coach.
This is a fair point. Unfortunate that it had to end but man that's on AJ. Not a mistake to recruit him... we had a whole family move to Stilly giving OSU potentially three national champions in the lineup at once. All they had to do was, you know, not commit violence or threaten to commit violence. Not a huge ask lol

This is a fair point. Unfortunate that it had to end but man that's on AJ. Not a mistake to recruit him... we had a whole family move to Stilly giving OSU potentially three national champions in the lineup at once. All they had to do was, you know, not commit violence or threaten to commit violence. Not a huge ask lol
I think the violence, behavioral issues and sexual misconduct came on full force after aj won a natty. He had a ego but it went through the roof and became uncontrollable when he started making big NIL money. Before, during his freshman season he was off social media and totally focused. After was like a 180. I think his atttidue is probably partially to blame for Anthony’s issues.

Reactions: bwel9339
John Smith is an A class man with integrity and great coach. I am sure he did the right things, swiftly, with the information he received.

As for the loss of AJ and his brothers, this will probably have a multi year impact on the program. The loss of Suriano left a hole in the PSU lineup that has yet to be filled years later (maybe this year with an injury prone Howard).

You simply can't patch a hole by running out and getting the next 197 in the portal or the top 197 on Flo or Willies big board. Recruiting is hard, and the kids have s lot of choices. There is also the issue of potentially passing on kids John wanted at other weights, but the Ferrari's consumed too much of the 9.9.

When these losses happen it really sucks and there is no quick fix.

But compare them and the situations is exactly what you did.

I agree. Poor comparison. @PSU_Lion_Fan I understand what you were trying to say but equivalating anything Sandusky on any forum:

ardcollegeno000%21-god%21-no-god.gif

Based on what I’m reading online, there were some things That make me wonder if team chemistry is horrible, or if the team wasn’t a fan of the Ferraris or both?

I played a lot of sports before I became old slow and unathletic (I was once young slow and unathletic) and what set middle son off was usually something that was way across the line unless a locker room was fractured…?

Im casually familiar with the okie state program so if this has been on other posts sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: PoOsKuE
I have a friend whose son went to the OSU camp in June. AJ was a "no show" and apparently, he missed another camp where he was signed up. I began to wonder about him when he was in Vegas during the Big 12. Edit: The camps were both in June.

Has anyone in Stillwater heard what the family plans to do? Move and relocate or let the youngest stay and wrestle for Stillwater who has become a nationally dominant team?

Sad part is they won’t get the help cause their dad is in flat denial about everything. Hopefully they can get back on track but it’s not looking good

Sad part is they won’t get the help cause their dad is in flat denial about everything. Hopefully they can get back on track but it’s not looking good

speculation or confirmed? For all we know this second he could be ankle deep in AJs rectum.

I read an article in the Oklahoman and based on what the girl is alleging it is not good. It said she was a "family friend" so I am not sure people can really claim that she was after money. Again these are allegations so we will let it play out.

I read an article in the Oklahoman and based on what the girl is alleging it is not good. It said she was a "family friend" so I am not sure people can really claim that she was after money. Again these are allegations so we will let it play out.
That’s a helluva story to make up. Somebody in that scenario has mental problems. Figuring out which one is up to the justice system.

Makes sense but this one may be a bit different than the other 999. :(
This is on FB and the Stilly PD page. Thought it was interesting.

Ash Brianne Thatcher
Dude he was on my flight from Stillwater to Dallas and all I’m gonna say is he was in the airport on July 8th telling a wonderful group of women that he was leaving OSU as “his own choice because people in Stillwater are all fake and because OSU doesn’t pay him for wrestling” he was also constantly talking about the “trauma” his dad put him through for a solid 15-20 minutes in front of the whole waiting area. I don’t know the full story but if osu removed him due to the scandal and he’s trying to spin it as “his own personal choice to leave the team because they don’t pay him”- sounds like a manipulative jerk to me. And he was just SPEWING toxic masculinity the WHOLE time. I don’t doubt he did it.

Reactions: colcord
That’s a helluva story to make up. Somebody in that scenario has mental problems. Figuring out which one is up to the justice system.

justice system will tell us if AJ is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

no judge, jury, and book of laws is required to see AJ is just not right in the head. He needs to put down social media, disappear for a while and decide what kind of man he’s gonna be. What he wants his kids to see when they google him. If he’s the kind of man he’d want his daughter to marry.

AJ needs two things right now, therapy and people in his life who love him to be honest with him.

we’ve seen neo-nazi’s reform. It’s up to AJ now. (Not withstanding the charges).

he’s also not gonna do life over this. He’ll eventually get out. This may be the wake up call he needed even with a conviction.

This is on FB and the Stilly PD page. Thought it was interesting.

Ash Brianne Thatcher
Dude he was on my flight from Stillwater to Dallas and all I’m gonna say is he was in the airport on July 8th telling a wonderful group of women that he was leaving OSU as “his own choice because people in Stillwater are all fake and because OSU doesn’t pay him for wrestling” he was also constantly talking about the “trauma” his dad put him through for a solid 15-20 minutes in front of the whole waiting area. I don’t know the full story but if osu removed him due to the scandal and he’s trying to spin it as “his own personal choice to leave the team because they don’t pay him”- sounds like a manipulative jerk to me. And he was just SPEWING toxic masculinity the WHOLE time. I don’t doubt he did it.
I have trouble taking a person seriously who describes the women as a wonderful group and the man as spewing toxic masculinity. I am not saying the incident did not happen, but I think this person is biased against men a bit.

I have trouble taking a person seriously who describes the women as a wonderful group and the man as spewing toxic masculinity. I am not saying the incident did not happen, but I think this person is biased against men a bit.
It’s simple, if he raped — he needs to go to jail. Appears to be a lot of piling on now. People said they shot a house up, owner of house is on this message board & says that didn’t happen.

Reactions: lookleft goright
It’s simple, if he raped — he needs to go to jail. Appears to be a lot of piling on now. People said they shot a house up, owner of house is on this message board & says that didn’t happen.
I thought that was Anthony not AJ? Maybe it was both. Regardless I’ve heard some pretty wild things as well recently and it’s beginning to be difficult to separate fact from fiction.

R u sure about the house incident? I talked a to person that seen the holes in the house after the incident.

R u sure about the house incident? I talked a to person that seen the holes in the house after the incident.
No I’m not sure about anything. The owner of the house is on here & said he saw no holes.

I though the date, the comments about Stillwater, not getting paid enough, being traumatized by his Dad, etc.... were interesting.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
that doesn’t mean he didn’t shoot. It could mean he’s a piss poor shot.
Not trying to cause the mill to turn, but I also want to be transparent with the rumor I heard about that shooting. It was rumored that it was Mastro’s house and that it involved the middle Ferrari. I heard no other details and I’m not the owner of the said property so I obviously cant confirm this and like I said earlier there are plenty of things circulating now that it’s hard to decipher between fact and fiction at this point.

What I do think is interesting is that it’s been said on here that there were/are a couple of guys away from the team right now do to personal conflicts or something to that degree. From his social media it looks like Travis Mastro has been down in Florida for the summer. Could this possibly be one of the said guys away from the team. You would think he’d be in Stillwater training and trying to start this fall. So perhaps there is some variation of the truth to this.

I really hate all this crap. The Ferrari’s have caused such a toxic, messy environment for the program. I really hope that the team can clean up the mess they left and start fresh this fall putting all the BS behind them!

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I am certainly not biased against men, but as a man, how do you not know toxic masculinity when you see it?
What is the female equivalent? We never hear any talk about toxic femininity.

There is a lot of conditioning of young minds happening these days and I am guessing this woman has been fully conditioned. Why not describe the women as gullible and weak and the man as struggling to overcome early life trauma?

Again, I am not saying he is innocent or he is getting a raw deal. All I am saying is this women seems like a border line man hater and people should take what she writes with a grain of salt.

Reactions: bwel9339
I am certainly not biased against men, but as a man, how do you not know toxic masculinity when you see it?

Maybe because ‘toxic masculinity’ is a total BS term which implies a direct connection between masculinity (something very good) and narcissism (something bad) and possibly violence (something very bad).

Narcissistic and violent behavior is not masculine in any way, shape, or form, nor is it something to which women are immune.

I though the date, the comments about Stillwater, not getting paid enough, being traumatized by his Dad, etc.... were interesting.
And AJ now has zero NIL value plus has done irreparable harm to the OSU image. Can you image any company or organization in any state that would now want his name or image associated with their product/company? There's no reason anyone should "pay him to wrestle" or anything else. Don't know OK law on issue but there certainly are states where they could move to where first two brothers would meet "red flag" standards and should never be allowed access to firearms again. :(

Maybe because ‘toxic masculinity’ is a total BS term which implies a direct connection between masculinity (something very good) and narcissism (something bad) and possibly violence (something very bad).

Narcissistic and violent behavior is not masculine in any way, shape, or form, nor is it something to which women are immune.
It is sad to see how being a man is almost wrong these days - in the eyes of some people. Years ago when my oldest was in grade school, I would always ask the teachers if there were any programs that encouraged the boys to be leaders and strive to accomplish their goals. The answers were always "no".

The schools were full of encouragement for the girls. They were told to be strong and brave and chase their dreams - don't take no for an answer, stand up for themselves. The boys were told to get along and be gentle. Apparently that has not had enough of an effect, so now we have "toxic masculinity" as a catch phrase. SMH

And AJ now has zero NIL value plus has done irreparable harm to the OSU image. Can you image any company or organization in any state that would now want his name or image associated with their product/company? There's no reason anyone should "pay him to wrestle" or anything else. Don't know OK law on issue but there certainly are states where they could move to where first two brothers would meet "red flag" standards and should never be allowed access to firearms again. :(
I do not think he has ruined the OSU image. I have not heard anyone say or hint that they think Smith or OSU condones this type of stuff. Albert is standing alone as a problem that no one could stop until he went too far.

Betting that WWE dropping his ass is also right around the corner. That might actually be a wake-up call.

Reactions: bwel9339 and tcpoke
I do not think he has ruined the OSU image. I have not heard anyone say or hint that they think Smith or OSU condones this type of stuff. Albert is standing alone as a problem that no one could stop until he went too far.
Didn't say "ruined" said "harm" there are folks on national board talking about who is going to be the new coach, this is definitely at least a short term image issue for OSU wrestling, maybe it shouldn't be but is.

If what I heard is true the police have dna from the victim and if it matches AJ he will go to prison. I do not know if it is true or not. the police investigation will prove it one way or the other. The coaches and OSU did the right thing in releasing him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT