ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari transferring?

He had already been suspended from the team before the event in question took place. This was simply the straw that led to the suspension becoming a full blown dismissal…which very likely may have happened without this.
Yes, from what I’ve read he was off the team before this event occurred. I’m sure he had an awfully long rope and he managed to use all of it up. I hope he figures things out, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Or maybe he hadn't heard yet about some of the things posted in this thread. I hadn't. Not everyone that is critical of the program is a troll.

And he's right about the RTC. Alex left 2 years ago and since then we've had zero post grad resident athletes. Zero. I can't think of another top 20 program that doesn't have a single RTC athlete.

lotta wrestlers golf and that no one is bringing these guys to Karsten Creek for the close is on you.
WTF! This kid has been a absolute pain in the ass since winning a natty. Horrible situation for the program and my thoughts and support are with that girl regardless of how the situation pans out for AJ. You know there had to be a lot of BS regarding him behind the scenes for Coach Smith to make such a huge decision that will set the cowboys back in the short term at least. I hope the program is better off without him. I heard rumors of a incident with the middle Ferrari and Mastro. Really don’t know much other than what I read on Instagram so probably take that with a grain of salt.

If any of these rumors or incidents lead to anything further I doubt we will see AJ on the mat again. Just a shame a kid with his talent and future can’t figure it out.

Pat all due respect, kid was a pain way before he won a natty.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Reality is, rapists often go free even when guilty because it's challenging to get hard evidence of something that happened between two people in private and attorneys are really good at the "you can't prove it so you can't find them guilty, how dare you ruin this promising young man's future" bit.

I'd love to believe it isn't true. I don't think he'd have been dismissed from OSU outright if it was a single baseless accusation though. And even if he isn't found guilty in court, it'll be hard to accept that he isn't guilty in real life considering the mountain of evidence showing that he's been really pretty creepy and predatory towards women lately.
I would think if the girl reports the incident immediately and there are signs of struggle and bruising etc, then the conviction is easier. If she waits a few days or weeks, then the chance of conviction would go down dramatically. At least, that is what I THINK. Who knows what really happened, but no one seems to think it is out of character for Albert to do something like this.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I would say it’s improving and you point out some valuable movements being made.

But, as a recruiting aspect it’s still almost non-existent. HS/young talent don’t recognize anybody on the French team and probably confuse Torres for Keilan(sp.)

Also, I’m not a member of CWC and won’t be until I can get some assurances that I want be dumped on when I want to buy tickets to NCAAs.
If you are hoping to get good tickets from the OSU ticket office you are out of luck. we have had tickets for the past 15 years and given 500 extra every year and we either don't get the chance to get tickets at all or we are up in the nose bleeds. The NCAA and the venues are wise to the dedication of NCAA wrestling fans and if you want decent seats you either pay a huge premium of maybe go through the hall of fame to get some.

If you are hoping to get good tickets from the OSU ticket office you are out of luck. we have had tickets for the past 15 years and given 500 extra every year and we either don't get the chance to get tickets at all or we are up in the nose bleeds. The NCAA and the venues are wise to the dedication of NCAA wrestling fans and if you want decent seats you either pay a huge premium of maybe go through the hall of fame to get some.
Coach me up! $500 surcharge for good tickets is palatable. How am I going to get my wildcat little boy interested in the sports if he can’t even enjoy the pinnacle of the sport?

After you get me squared away, apply for the job at OSU on how to help alumni/fans/possible donors.

We obviously now have ship money available. Need to bring in a high level transfer. We need to contend for a ship this season.
Consistently I have pointed out we are not in Penn. St. league. We needed good things to happen which lately is rare for us and Penn. St needed bad luck. I thought we might be due some good luck but of course I was wrong. I don't know what AJ did or didn't do ( he likely had to go) but we have really been set back with our talent level. This seems to have set us back 3 great wrestlers. I was especially looking forward to Angelo wrestling in Orange but. We are not going to challenge for a Championship team this year. I thought maybe next year but now that is really questionable. We would need many wrestlers to jump levels this next year with our young wrestlers especially. I am really discouraged with how these last 15 years have gone and so I don't see that improvement occurring plus great recruiting happening. We should have a bunch of extra scholarships but I don't see transfers being a real good option for us. To score big points you need to place in the top 4. We have 2 wrestlers right now who would be ranked with good chances to place in the top 4. Basically, our situation with wrestling is sad again.

Consistently I have pointed out we are not in Penn. St. league. We needed good things to happen which lately is rare for us and Penn. St needed bad luck. I thought we might be due some good luck but of course I was wrong. I don't know what AJ did or didn't do ( he likely had to go) but we have really been set back with our talent level. This seems to have set us back 3 great wrestlers. I was especially looking forward to Angelo wrestling in Orange but. We are not going to challenge for a Championship team this year. I thought maybe next year but now that is really questionable. We would need many wrestlers to jump levels this next year with our young wrestlers especially. I am really discouraged with how these last 15 years have gone and so I don't see that improvement occurring plus great recruiting happening. We should have a bunch of extra scholarships but I don't see transfers being a real good option for us. To score big points you need to place in the top 4. We have 2 wrestlers right now who would be ranked with good chances to place in the top 4. Basically, our situation with wrestling is sad again.
I just looked at the Orange Power Forum who are writing about some his( AJ) social media in a very ugly way including an e-mail that may have been directed towards John Smith? I have not looked at any of his social media stuff.

He had already been suspended from the team before the event in question took place. This was simply the straw that led to the suspension becoming a full blown dismissal…which very likely may have happened without this.
The posts he allegedly made, if true, are disgusting and would be grounds for his dismissal without the sexual assault charge. They look to be more easy to prove than a rape trial. If true, I believe this is grounds for sexual harrassment charges. However, I still would give him his day in court to prove his innocence.

The posts he allegedly made, if true, are disgusting and would be grounds for his dismissal without the sexual assault charge. They look to be more easy to prove than a rape trial. If true, I believe this is grounds for sexual harrassment charges. However, I still would give him his day in court to prove his innocence.
You are a good and fair man oberebo.

I must've missed this. AJ was suspended before July 2?

I would think if the girl reports the incident immediately and there are signs of struggle and bruising etc, then the conviction is easier. If she waits a few days or weeks, then the chance of conviction would go down dramatically. At least, that is what I THINK. Who knows what really happened, but no one seems to think it is out of character for Albert to do something like this.
Easier but its still not hard evidence. "You can't prove my client did that to you" and "you can't prove it wasn't consensual" all day long. And there's not always bruising to show that something happened.

He also describes this on his pistols firing blog site:

Seth Duckworth should be writing for a major publication somewhere. Imagine Jenni Carlson, Eric Bailey, & Guerin Emig have jobs for the largest state newspapers, while Seth is writing for Pistols Firing. That is backward & fvcked up.

Lots of comments on the Stillwater PD Facebook page. Comments from people saying they emailed John about AJ being a predator toward underage women. If true, this is how people lose their jobs.

just saw them. If emails came to John and he didn’t do anything……

Reactions: Pokewood
Just saw this, looks like he is costing himself some money.

"Meltzer also noted that it could be “tough for WWE to use” top prospect AJ Ferrari, because he is now the subject of a sexual assault investigation that caused his removal from the Oklahoma State wrestling team. Ferrari has generally been regarded as WWE’s second best prospect in their NIL program, with Olympic gold medalist Gable Steveson ranking number one"

Lots of comments on the Stillwater PD Facebook page. Comments from people saying they emailed John about AJ being a predator toward underage women. If true, this is how people lose their jobs.

I mean the guy was kicked off the team. Also, as I understand, he was also suspended from the team for a period prior to being kicked off.

Last edited:
I understand that, and I agree with it.

However, what are those donor levels/amounts? Why can’t the ticket office tell me that? Why can’t they tell me where seats are? Why can’t they answer the phone?

Maybe I’m alone here, but my experience trying to get tickets is on par with a call center in India.
Chase, like bowl games and final fours, tickets go first to those with the highest posse points. We get an allotment and where and what those seats are has nothing to do with OSU. The only thing the AD is responsible for is choosing who gets that allotment and then distributing them via donor level. Just like bowl games. I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and a posse member longer. I have had good tickets and I’ve had not so good tickets. They even made me sit (gasp) by @cachap5327 once …

OSU does get some premium tickets that are usually meant for family and AD personnel. I bought some at a posse auction the last time it was in okc and got to sit next to Gary Calcagno at center mat - about 20 rows up. Every other time we’ve ended up in the corner with the osu allotment.

I think you’re mad about the wrong thing here.

Chase, like bowl games and final fours, tickets go first to those with the highest posse points. We get an allotment and where and what those seats are has nothing to do with OSU. The only thing the AD is responsible for is choosing who gets that allotment and then distributing them via donor level. Just like bowl games. I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and a posse member longer. I have had good tickets and I’ve had not so good tickets. They even made me sit (gasp) by @cachap5327 once …

OSU does get some premium tickets that are usually meant for family and AD personnel. I bought some at a posse auction the last time it was in okc and got to sit next to Gary Calcagno at center mat - about 20 rows up. Every other time we’ve ended up in the corner with the osu allotment.

I think you’re mad about the wrong thing here.

Haha, I’m not mad. I’d just like to be able to provide a great experience for my kids.

Reactions: Cowguy
What is he supposed to do? Tie the kid up? Put him in a cage?

He can't go to the police with hearsay evidence and expect anything to happen. For those of you who think John could have done anything but suspend him and throw him off the team, please tell me what you expected him to do. Suggest counseling?

Albert would have been doing these things whether he was on the team or not. The only leverage Smith had was to either let him wrestle or not wrestle.

What is he supposed to do? Tie the kid up? Put him in a cage?

He can't go to the police with hearsay evidence and expect anything to happen. For those of you who think John could have done anything but suspend him and throw him off the team, please tell me what you expected him to do. Suggest counseling?

Albert would have been doing these things whether he was on the team or not. The only leverage Smith had was to either let him wrestle or not wrestle.

coach is supposed to (by University policy) forward the complaint to the department who handles it. If he didn’t, he gets fired. If he did, he is fine.

these things happen and schools have the protocols in place. If coach followed the directions he was given, then you’re right. If he ignored it, and didn’t Follow this directions, he messed up.

I think the world of John Smith. I want to believe he did what he was supposed to do as a University employee because I know he would have, as a man, coach and teacher tried to get some sense into the kid.

What can you do with just an email claiming somebody did something? As a coach you can start watching and listening, maybe ask the athlete, maybe report said info up the channel, but you aren't a cop, the kid is a student should be treated like other students, innocent until proven otherwise and all but there are certain other codes of conduct for students and student athlete that could be in play. But again if true and its just an email then is there anything you can really act on and we don't know what all was reported and what university policy actions took place.

What can you do with just an email claiming somebody did something? As a coach you can start watching and listening, maybe ask the athlete, maybe report said info up the channel, but you aren't a cop, the kid is a student should be treated like other students, innocent until proven otherwise and all but there are certain other codes of conduct for students and student athlete that could be in play. But again if true and its just an email then is there anything you can really act on and we don't know what all was reported and what university policy actions took place.
If there were emails sent then John just needed to make sure and follow the proper protocols and pass it up the chain to his superiors. I hope that happened.

I’d like to say that how John handled any of the other shenanigans doesn’t matter, but those matter too. Having an athlete on your team that did as many things, if true, as AJ did brings a huge spotlight on the university.

People are claiming that he was going after underage girls, driving by teammates homes shooting guns, sexual assault. Bigger names than John Smith have been brought down by stuff like this.

Do we know the timing of AJ's suspension from the team? He was dismissed on July 1st but how long before that was he away from the team? It could be that John received concerning emails and did act accordingly and that's why he was on suspension. Coach Smith can only do so much without any formal complaints or charges. I might be biased but I think Coach Smith has a high standard of character and as long as he's been coaching for OSU he has seemed to do so with class. I cant think of anything he's done that would make us think otherwise.

The only mistake we know of as of right now that Coach Smith made was taking a chance on AJ. He had some questions surrounding his character in high school, but being a top recruit with his talent is something you have to take a chance on sometimes and hope it doesn't backfire. Initially it worked out, but unfortunately in the end AJ's ego got in the way, but that falls on AJ not the coach.

Do we know the timing of AJ's suspension from the team? He was dismissed on July 1st but how long before that was he away from the team? It could be that John received concerning emails and did act accordingly and that's why he was on suspension. Coach Smith can only do so much without any formal complaints or charges. I might be biased but I think Coach Smith has a high standard of character and as long as he's been coaching for OSU he has seemed to do so with class. I cant think of anything he's done that would make us think otherwise.
My exact feeling. Well stated.

As a PSU fan, we know all too well what can happen to a legendary coach who’s advised of a sexual assault and doesn’t report it to the proper authorities. Joe Paterno immediately reported Sandusky to both his athletic director and to the school’s vice-president, who was directly in charge of the campus police department. Joe was still fired. I have a ton of respect for John Smith and wish nothing but the best for him. Hopefully he doesn’t become collateral damage.

See what insinuating Smith didn’t take appropriate action with AJ does? Now we’ve got people coming around essentially comparing the situation to a grown man molesting/raping young boys for decades.

See what insinuating Smith didn’t take appropriate action with AJ does? Now we’ve got people coming around essentially comparing the situation to a grown man molesting/raping young boys for decades.
In hindsight the athletic department should have issued a release on July 1st saying AJ was no longer with the program. Instead AJ continued to do AJ things for nearly 2 more weeks before they decided to let everyone know “hey this guy isn’t associated with us any longer.” Poor decision in my opinion.
It is in USA Today that he was basically released for sexual assault. That didn’t need to happen. Making decisions like that make me question some things.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never compared John Smith to Sandusky. I have too much respect for Smith. Unfortunately, there are people who will want heads to roll. Just because John is a legend, it doesn’t mean he’s immune. If it can happen to Paterno, it can happen to any coach.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never compared John Smith to Sandusky. I have too much respect for Smith. Unfortunately, there are people who will want heads to roll. Just because John is a legend, it doesn’t mean he’s immune. If it can happen to Paterno, it can happen to any coach.
But compare them and the situations is exactly what you did.

Reactions: FHOSU
As a PSU fan, we know all too well what can happen to a legendary coach who’s advised of a sexual assault and doesn’t report it to the proper authorities. Joe Paterno immediately reported Sandusky to both his athletic director and to the school’s vice-president, who was directly in charge of the campus police department. Joe was still fired. I have a ton of respect for John Smith and wish nothing but the best for him. Hopefully he doesn’t become collateral damage.
I’m not real current on this situation, but I don’t think this is accurate. JoePa may have reported once news or the threat of news was apparent, but he was aware of it for decades, and nothing happened. If I’m wrong here, and he reported it in the 80s, please forgive me.

But, he had the choice to sever ties with Sandusky in the 80s if he did report it or not. So basically, he chose to keep a monster around for decades.

Also, all sexual assault is not the same. Little boys and serial in nature is a far cry from isolated adult women. Rape is terrible and should be harshly punished, child rape should be sterilization and public torture.
-Ferrari (if guilty) is like speeding in a school zone.
-Sandusky was going 100 in a school zone during dismissal with a trunk full of heroin and automatic weapons

THESE INSTANCES ARE NOT THE SAME!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT