ADVERTISEMENT

Federal Agents Say They Have Enough Evidence To Charge Hunter

I certainly understand what your saying but shouldn't we expect and desire precedent to be followed? Precedent is there to be followed as a check against a crazy political atmosphere. I think we can all agree the political atmosphere is absolutely nuts right now.
As to the leak, was it really a leak? We have known they had enough information and evidence to charge Hunter for these specific crimes for some time. That's what caused much of the criticism of the FBI/DOJ.
You kind opened a bombshell with your first sentence about expectations and desires that precedent be followed given recent Supreme Court pronouncement….just saying.

As to the substance of whether we should expect and desire precedent to be followed…..no, not particularly IMO.…in general and specifically with regards to this particular situation of a self created protocol for doing things. That’s not “precedence“ in any legal sense. I don’t expect or desire an agency to continue protocols that they themselves established just because “that’s the way they’ve always done it.”

When we are talking about legal precedents established by the Court’s opinions, there should be respect for and recognition of prior decisions, but I don’t think the Supreme Courts should be hidebound to never changing them.

As for “leaks”…I would ask “how we have known that they have enough information and evidence to charge Hunter for these specific crimes for some time”? I would propose that the answer to that question is because of prior ”leaks”. Consequently, my point still stands. The propriety and benefit of waiting to file charges until after the election has already been lost and is completely negligible BECAUSE we’ve all supposedly known what the evidence supposedly is. Not filing until after the election in this situation….and pretty much all situations isn’t a check at all against a crazy political atmosphere. In fact, a pretty good argument can be made that filing against Baby Biden right now would decrease the crazy political atmosphere rather than hyping it up.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
Doesn't matter as the right isn't the one that did this it was the left. If you were not a person that allowed your bias to overcome your thought process you would be asking why and why now? But to answer your question I do not like the dirty politics that both sides play, but they all do and we all have to deal with it.

Your sure seem to as you are making a big deal out of it.

Really, Zuckerberg didn't come out and say they censored the laptop story? The Twitter exec didn't say they made a mistake by censoring the laptop story. The FBI didn't contact social media companies and tell them to be aware of a coming disinformation dump? 50 sum odd ex intelligence officials didn't write a letter saying the laptop had all the signs of Russian Disinformation? Wow I must be totally misinformed if none of that happened.
Someone on the right did this. Why do you think the left if freaking out? They don't like their own playbooks played back on them.

The thing they are going to be worried about right now is "who is the leaker?" They now have to look over their shoulder now, this will piss them off. There are cracks in the FBI's armor. If they start to talk Democrats are in deep do do. This leak was strategically timed, along with the raise of the price of oil.

What republicans are getting ahead of themselves on is, what are they charging him with? It would most likely be any charge that leaves Joe out of the court room.

What the Dems have to worry about is will Hunter take a deal? This puts Garland into a sticky situation. Send the charges to court or try to get a deal with Hunter that leaves the President out of any criminal activity. He can't drop the charges now that the leak happened, which is what he wants to do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: davidallen
In fact, a pretty good argument can be made that filing against Baby Biden right now would decrease the crazy political atmosphere rather than hyping it up.
Honestly, I'd like to hear that argument and believe it to be true. But I think If H. Biden is charged before the election, many Democrats would flip out and claim the prosecution and timing of charges is all politically motivated. And of course, if no charges were announced, it would be the Republicans having the meltdown.

I don't how see the outcome of this investigation will do anything to decrease the crazy political atmosphere because too many people on both sides refuse to step back and let the process play out. They just want their preconceived viewpoint on all of this to be validated.

You kind opened a bombshell with your first sentence about expectations and desires that precedent be followed given recent Supreme Court pronouncement….just saying.

As to the substance of whether we should expect and desire precedent to be followed…..no, not particularly IMO.…in general and specifically with regards to this particular situation of a self created protocol for doing things. That’s not “precedence“ in any legal sense. I don’t expect or desire an agency to continue protocols that they themselves established just because “that’s the way they’ve always done it.”

When we are talking about legal precedents established by the Court’s opinions, there should be respect for and recognition of prior decisions, but I don’t think the Supreme Courts should be hidebound to never changing them.

As for “leaks”…I would ask “how we have known that they have enough information and evidence to charge Hunter for these specific crimes for some time”? I would propose that the answer to that question is because of prior ”leaks”. Consequently, my point still stands. The propriety and benefit of waiting to file charges until after the election has already been lost and is completely negligible BECAUSE we’ve all supposedly known what the evidence supposedly is. Not filing until after the election in this situation….and pretty much all situations isn’t a check at all against a crazy political atmosphere. In fact, a pretty good argument can be made that filing against Baby Biden right now would decrease the crazy political atmosphere rather than hyping it up.
So in other words, Hunter would be a sacrificial lamb?

He can't drop the charges now that the leak happened, which is what he wants to do.
I don't see any evidence of this in the reporting. According to reporting, the charging decision is being left up to Weiss.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with the hands-off approach by Garland and Monaco, but that is apparently the approach they are taking.

Because you don't want your idol, the crack-head, adulterous, dead-beat baby-daddy to get in trouble?
Not at all . . .
If the grounds for commencing federal prosecution are met, I hope the U.S. Attorney does his job and charges.
This means, btw, that I have no problem with charges being brought against Hunter Biden today, next week, or the day before the election. If the investigation is complete, and the legal standard is met, charge. If the investigation is still ongoing though, keep your mouth shut and plug the leaks.

Hey @2012Bearcat, here is another interesting take to consider in all of this.

What if both H. Biden and Trump are charged with federal crimes?
Why can't you just accept the fact that Don is Teflon? The hunter investigation is much much deeper and charges are most assuredly to happen. Count on it. 😆

I kind of hope the DOJ is stupid enough to charge Trump for the latest made up BS.
Have you seen all the evidence?

Heck, that doesn't even matter. Even if they had plenty of evidence to charge and convict, you would still defend Trump to the bitter end. While at the same time proclaiming there is no doubt H. Biden is guilty.

Heck, that doesn't even matter. Even if they had plenty of evidence to charge and convict, you would still defend Trump to the bitter end. While at the same time proclaiming there is no doubt H. Biden is guilty.
Yet you defend sleepy. 😄

Yet you defend sleepy. 😄
Read some of the posts on this thread.

I've clearly stated that if the standard is met to charge H. Biden, he should be charged. I don't care who his daddy is or what party he belongs to.

Can you say the same about Trump? Nevermind, we know the answer to that.

Read some of the posts on this thread.

I've clearly stated that if the grounds are met to charge H. Biden, he should be charged. I don't care who his daddy is or what party he belongs to.

Can you say the same about Trump? Nevermind, we know the answer to that.
Can't touch Don my man. 😄

What are they going to charge him with. You have to be a special brand of stupid to think the people are going to accept some BS over paperwork. While I know your kind will accept anything the fair minded people of this country are not going to accept it.

FTFY.

For violation of the three federal laws cited in the warrant.

You don't even know what they are do you?
Over paperwork? Yea go ahead charge him and watch what happens. Democrats not only will get voted out of office they may find themselves investigated and thrown in jail themselves. You know everyone of those crooks in Washington have violated some law.

This is all right wing spin according to 2 cents. LMFAO

2012Bearcat said:

On another note were you OK with the censoring of Hunter's Laptop right before the 202 election? Were you OK with 50 sum odd ex intelligence officials lying to the American people about the laptop. Are you OK with the MSM propaganda outlets ignoring the Bobulinski story? Are you OK with the lefts propagnada outlets manipulating news to keep people mis and un-informed? Of course you are but you have the audacity to ask if I'm OK with a leftist propaganda outlets running a story that looks bad for Democrats. Priceless.
No, I'm not ok with your right-wing spin mixed in with facts.

You want to drop the spin and ask simple factual questions, I'll be more than glad to answer them.

This is all right wing spin according to 2 cents. LMFAO

No, I'm not ok with your right-wing spin mixed in with facts.

You want to drop the spin and ask simple factual questions, I'll be more than glad to answer them.

who TH is 2 cents?

Read this sentence again. You, apparently, have yet to fully comprehend it.
giphy.gif

Republicans need to understand this better and start playing by these rules themselves.

Ratcliffe also guessed that the DOJ is evaluating Hunter Biden's defense, which he said "everybody thinks" is going to hinge on him blaming his actions on being "an alcoholic and drug addict for that period of time" and lacking criminal intent.

Hunter's potential defense is he was an alcoholic and a drug addict therefore he lack criminal intent? WTF

Ratcliffe also guessed that the DOJ is evaluating Hunter Biden's defense, which he said "everybody thinks" is going to hinge on him blaming his actions on being "an alcoholic and drug addict for that period of time" and lacking criminal intent.

Hunter's potential defense is he was an alcoholic and a drug addict therefore he lack criminal intent? WTF
Voluntary intoxication is rarely a sufficient legal defense to intent based crimes.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Honestly, I'd like to hear that argument and believe it to be true. But I think If H. Biden is charged before the election, many Democrats would flip out and claim the prosecution and timing of charges is all politically motivated. And of course, if no charges were announced, it would be the Republicans having the meltdown.

I don't how see the outcome of this investigation will do anything to decrease the crazy political atmosphere because too many people on both sides refuse to step back and let the process play out. They just want their preconceived viewpoint on all of this to be validated.

So we disagree....

I'm cool with that.

Really cool with that.

• Haha
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT