ADVERTISEMENT

Espo Gone

There’s an interview up on Flo with Espo and Bader. Covers all topics. It’s worth a listen. I think he’s going to do exciting things at the OTC and not to mention probably be a nice recruiting tool as he will be working with the U15 and U17 guys a lot.

blair - its quite obvious how close you are to the staff. We all seem to b*tch and moan about injuries/peaking - have there been any discussions regarding changes in training or lifestyle requirements?
The lifestyle requirements have always been in place. Do you understand there dealing with 18 to 26 year old kids lol that was a joke about Daton kids are gonna do what they’re gonna do just like when you’re raising them they’re going to take chances they’re going to do things they’re not supposed to do that it’s not a bad situation in the program. It’s no different than any other team and try to make it out like there are bunch of wild partiers they’re not.

The lifestyle requirements have always been in place. Do you understand there dealing with 18 to 26 year old kids lol that was a joke about Daton kids are gonna do what they’re gonna do just like when you’re raising them they’re going to take chances they’re going to do things they’re not supposed to do that it’s not a bad situation in the program. It’s no different than any other team and try to make it out like there are bunch of wild partiers they’re not.
I’ve said this before OSU doesn’t party like many make it sound like but to expect a kid to not have any fun is just ridiculous.

Awesome. And what about training/peaking ?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Happy for him and as much as he will be missed, I would think this is the best thing for his career.
Flo had Espo on the Bader show this last week. He described the nightmare of wrestling John Smith when he was still in his 30's when Espo came to Stillwater. The parting must have been okay for Esposito because you can tell he loves the Cowboys and appreciates all that he received. He gave a lot and he described being a part of the greatest teams in Cowboy history and being a part of the worst teams in Cowboy history. He got his first cowboy hat from John Smith's father.

Flo had Espo on the Bader show this last week. He described the nightmare of wrestling John Smith when he was still in his 30's when Espo came to Stillwater. The parting must have been okay for Esposito because you can tell he loves the Cowboys and appreciates all that he received. He gave a lot and he described being a part of the greatest teams in Cowboy history and being a part of the worst teams in Cowboy history. He got his first cowboy hat from John Smith's father.

Love Espo. Great guy and has had a huge impact on our program and university.

Lots of changes for OSU wrestling and more coming soon I think. Should all be good and it’s time. Excited for the future of OSU wrestling.

I’d have to hear that also
I found it. it is on owrestle. it was the article about fresh faces. Here's the quote.

Late Season Injuries

“A lot of the injuries come down to having your talent where it needs to be. When you have top guys and they are winning and not having to wrestle top level guys out of the gate, you can manage those guys a little smarter. Last year we had such a young team, that maybe wasn’t quite as talented, so you have to grind them out a little more. I don’t think we have to train them the same way this year.”

• Haha
I found it. it is on owrestle. it was the article about fresh faces. Here's the quote.

Late Season Injuries

“A lot of the injuries come down to having your talent where it needs to be. When you have top guys and they are winning and not having to wrestle top level guys out of the gate, you can manage those guys a little smarter. Last year we had such a young team, that maybe wasn’t quite as talented, so you have to grind them out a little more. I don’t think we have to train them the same way this year.”
Am I missing something here? overall I didn’t think we were that young at all, I mean one RS Freshman and one true sophomore, everyone else on their 3rd season+

125 got weird, but Mastro was on his 3rd season.
Daton…
Young true sophomore
Voinovich RS freshman
G
Sheets
Plott 3rd season
Wittlake
Surber 3rd Season
Doucet 3rd season

Am I missing something here? overall I didn’t think we were that young at all, I mean one RS Freshman and one true sophomore, everyone else on their 3rd season+

125 got weird, but Mastro was on his 3rd season.
Daton…
Young true sophomore
Voinovich RS freshman
G
Sheets
Plott 3rd season
Wittlake
Surber 3rd Season
Doucet 3rd season
I think what he was trying to say when you have three and four years left you’re young doesn’t matter how many years you’ve been in college you could be here for years if you’ve never competed your young

• Haha
Also G, Sheets, Surber, and Wittlake were at new weights. That goes into the "young" bit I think. I'm no expert but I'd expect that there is some re-learning when you change weight classes. Also Doucet was fresh, Carter didn't get a redshirt year. That means that only Carter, Mastro, Fix, and Plott were "veterans" in the sense of having started at the same weight the previous year.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT