ADVERTISEMENT

Espo Gone

Wow, I'm assuming they already have somebody lined up?

Wouldn't you think the Caldwell and GWH promotions were a pre-calculated move with the the news of Espo?

Just don't want a nepotism hire.

Wouldn't hurt to get someone outside of the program to offer fresh perspectives
Agree 100% we need someone outside the OSU family tree. Preferably someone with close ties to the Jersey/PA area, similar to what Espo had with Blair.

But is he wrong? I would say no. The decision is probably already made on who is going to step in. I think it should be Cael Sanderson! haha All jokes aside, hopefully it is someone that will bring in good recruits and make a solid impact to these young men and the program!
He’s not wrong, but as someone who loves being an ass online I still think it’s odd to make it his entire persona.

He’s not wrong, but as someone who loves being an ass online I still think it’s odd to make it his entire persona.
🤣 if he was a doctor I'd say his bedside manner is severely lacking. I appreciate the info he gives, but he definitely comes across as an ass most of the time

Reactions: vhsalum
🤣 if he was a doctor I'd say his bedside manner is severely lacking. I appreciate the info he gives, but he definitely comes across as an ass most of the time
Shouldn't let people you do not know get to your feelings. haha And he does pass along some good information. Let's get back to the topic though. There has to be some word out there on who is going to take the position? Anyone hearing anything?

Shouldn't let people you do not know get to your feelings. haha And he does pass along some good information. Let's get back to the topic though. There has to be some word out there on who is going to take the position? Anyone hearing anything?
They will all move up

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
It would be great to add a young big name coach. Like a Jason Nolf or someone similar.

But Blair says the staff will just move up. So how about naming GWH assistant coach and then hiring Willie Saylor as recruiting coordinator? He almost accepted a position a couple of years back, might have been at UNC.

He obviously has the knowledge and relationships with recruits and their families. If the compensation is right, he might go for it.

There was some scuttle about this as the Tournament wrapped up in Tulsa this past March. Wasn’t sure how much validity there was to it.

Reactions: osu2082
honestly, if we don't upgrade and GWH and Caldwell are our assistant coaches that is a big problem, at least ESPO was an elite college wrestler (not that alone makes someone a great coach). No offense to GWH and I'm Caldwell sure they are good coaches but we should have a higher standard at OSU and no reason we shouldn't have some of the top young guys who are looking to cut their teeth in coaching be a part of our program, like Nolf, Vincenzo Joseph, etc

honestly, if we don't upgrade and GWH and Caldwell are our assistant coaches that is a big problem, at least ESPO was an elite college wrestler (not that alone makes someone a great coach). No offense to GWH and I'm Caldwell sure they are good coaches but we should have a higher standard at OSU and no reason we shouldn't have some of the top young guys who are looking to cut their teeth in coaching be a part of our program, like Nolf, Vincenzo Joseph, etc
Tyler Caldewll two-time NCAA finalist, 4x AA

It would be great to add a young big name coach. Like a Jason Nolf or someone similar.

But Blair says the staff will just move up. So how about naming GWH assistant coach and then hiring Willie Saylor as recruiting coordinator? He almost accepted a position a couple of years back, might have been at UNC.

He obviously has the knowledge and relationships with recruits and their families. If the compensation is right, he might go for it.
Nolf is a no because he still competing full-time but the rest of your comment makes a lot of sense

Tyler Caldewll two-time NCAA finalist, 4x AA
This might be one of the stupidest comments ever made on here. you might call Mike Gray at Cornell, Brian Smith Missouri and tell them they’re not good coaches because they weren’t national champs. When are people going to realize great wrestlers don’t always become great coaches.

Going to OTC. Who replaces him?
This might be one of the stupidest comments ever made on here. you might call Mike Gray at Cornell, Brian Smith Missouri and tell them they’re not good coaches because they weren’t national champs. When are people going to realize great wrestlers don’t always become great coaches.
Expo was
ESposito gave his all to OSU and bleeds orange. Dude doesn’t deserve anything but respect .
Espo was a elite collage coach will be missed

Reactions: bwel9339
ESposito gave his all to OSU and bleeds orange. Dude doesn’t deserve anything but respect .

Big fan of him. He is a great guy also. Will miss seeing him in Stillwater but I bet he will be back pulling for the pokes when he can.

Probably the right move for all parties.

Everyone is allowed their opinion, but….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT