ADVERTISEMENT

Emoluments

What's the point, since Obama didn't use a blind trust then Biff can take $ from foreign governments? Did Obama do something wrong in this regard?

A blind trust is just a tool to avoid financial conflict, like Biff is engaging in. Transparency and avoiding financial conflicts of interest is the important thing. I'm nto sure how Obama making money from writing a book is improper.

What you are describing is political theater so that you feel better at night. It's not real. If people want to take money for quid-pro-quo, they are going to do it even if they have blind trusts. Don't be stupid.

Having a blind trust puts zero barriers in place for taking cash or other forms of compensation.

If people want to take money for quid-pro-quo, they are going to do it even if they have blind trusts.

Which is why he’s been subpoenaed by Attorneys General for potential violations of the US Constitution’s emoluments clause. Don’t be stupid.

Wrong.

You don't sell large companies like you'd sell your car. These transactions take months and even years to process. A buyer couldn't finish the due diligence on Trump Group in the transition periods let alone work out all the contractual agreements for every property that may have riders with the investment partners.

Can he sell them? Yes. Would the process take him months or years to accomplish it? Probably.

That he had these financial interests was well known during the election. People voted for him anyway. Crying about it now is stupid.

I'm not wrong, as you just demonstrated. So I'm wrong that he coudl sell it, but he could sell it. I didn't say you could sell a large company like "your car", you just inserted that. He could sell it. It would be sold times over by now if he wanted to. Or he could put it in a blind trust (But Obama didn't!) He could divest and give it to his kids. He could sell it off. There are a variety of things he could do -- including sell it off as he could -- that are better than shovel as much Saudi money in his pocket as he can while defending them chopping up american residents that say bad things about them. I know -- black guy bad. Black guy was transparent and to my knowledge isn't accused of letting his personal finances impact American foreign policy.

Very, very easy. Either being POTUS is more important than his personal finances, or it is not.

There's no "Well he was elected" exception to the emoluments clause. Hwo do you come up with such stupid shit? Are you the genius that put Alf in as mod?

Reactions: CSCOTTOSUPOKES
What you are describing is political theater so that you feel better at night. It's not real. If people want to take money for quid-pro-quo, they are going to do it even if they have blind trusts. Don't be stupid.

Having a blind trust puts zero barriers in place for taking cash or other forms of compensation.

Amazing that you know so much more than generations of ethics and trust lawyers and journalists that cover such things. Anything to defend the Cult.

I'm not wrong, as you just demonstrated. So I'm wrong that he coudl sell it, but he could sell it. I didn't say you could sell a large company like "your car", you just inserted that. He could sell it. It would be sold times over by now if he wanted to. Or he could put it in a blind trust (But Obama didn't!) He could divest and give it to his kids. He could sell it off. There are a variety of things he could do -- including sell it off as he could -- that are better than shovel as much Saudi money in his pocket as he can while defending them chopping up american residents that say bad things about them. I know -- black guy bad. Black guy was transparent and to my knowledge isn't accused of letting his personal finances impact American foreign policy.

Very, very easy. Either being POTUS is more important than his personal finances, or it is not.

There's no "Well he was elected" exception to the emoluments clause. Hwo do you come up with such stupid shit? Are you the genius that put Alf in as mod?

You need to learn the difference between me saying it's not practical and you're claim that I said he can't. Once again you guys are arguing both sides because you're unable to make a case for your own opinions.

There are hundreds of properties with Trump Group only being one of many investors at each property. Some, if not all, will have agreements in place like right of first refusal. It would many months and maybe several years for Trump to divest himself.

The foreign clause applies to everyone, not just POTUS. The importance of wealth over being POTUS is personal opinion -- it's not constitutional.

I don't know if there's an infraction here or not. We'll find out eventually.

You need to learn the difference between me saying it's not practical and you're claim that I said he can't. Once again you guys are arguing both sides because you're unable to make a case for your own opinions.

There are hundreds of properties with Trump Group only being one of many investors at each property. Some, if not all, will have agreements in place like right of first refusal. It would many months and maybe several years for Trump to divest himself.

The foreign clause applies to everyone, not just POTUS. The importance of wealth over being POTUS is personal opinion -- it's not constitutional.

What experience do you have selling businesses with significant worth in real estate?

Reactions: CSCOTTOSUPOKES

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Now...if the Saudis were staying in Trump International DC, at a significantly discounted rate, that’s acceptable?

Amazing that you know so much more than generations of ethics and trust lawyers and journalists that cover such things. Anything to defend the Cult.

It's not a knowledge issue, it's that I'm not biased and a party hack. I don't portray things as true for political benefit.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Now...if the Saudis were staying in Trump International DC, at a significantly discounted rate, that’s acceptable?

Don't know if anything is wrong with the Saudis staying at the Trump Intl DC at market rate is an issue. If you don't have the Ds or Rs balls on your chin, it's highly likely one doesn't care as long as the Saudi's/Trump aren't engaging in a quid-pro-quo scheme.

Don't know if anything is wrong with the Saudis staying at the Trump Intl DC at market rate is an issue. If you don't have the Ds or Rs balls on your chin, it's highly likely one doesn't care as long as the Saudi's/Trump aren't engaging in a quid-pro-quo scheme.

“Market rate” JFC you are this stupid lol

Room rates depend on the market at any given time. They go up and down. You'll learn this when you get older.

“The lobbyists at first were hosting veterans in northern Virginia, but switched to the Trump hotel in December 2016. One organizer said the move was because the Trump International Hotel offered a discount from the usual $768 a night rate, and denied it was to try to gain favor with Trump.”

“The lobbyists at first were hosting veterans in northern Virginia, but switched to the Trump hotel in December 2016. One organizer said the move was because the Trump International Hotel offered a discount from the usual $768 a night rate, and denied it was to try to gain favor with Trump.”

Key word for you to pay attention to here is lobbyist. They aren't part of the government buddy and not a class that would be included if they were fronting the bill.

Key word for you to pay attention to here is lobbyist. They aren't part of the government buddy and not a class that would be included if they were fronting the bill.

Holy shit you’re dug in lol...the lobbyists were backed by the Saudis, who ultimately stayed in these hotels.

This is the Fernald method applied to politics.

I envy the patience.

FernaldMethodReview-e1497038923738.jpg

Nice try lol

10+ years doing deals in the billions of dollars in the communications industry.

"Doing" what, and what kind of deals, and for who? I can't tell that your answer has anything to do with the question.

Ah. Astute thinking. So you can avoid the emoluments clause if the Prince sends the money through a strawman. Nothing like vindicating original intent. Also, nothing like trying to justify transparent corruption.

Enlighten me on these “difficulties”, oh wise one lol

I've already moved you to the pile of people that don't care about anything other than a very narrow bandwidth of information.

Jesus could flap down from heaven, tell you personally it's real and you would google something that supports your idea and call him a moron.

I've already moved you to the pile of people that don't care about anything other than a very narrow bandwidth of information.

Jesus could flap down from heaven, tell you personally it's real and you would google something that supports your idea and call him a moron.

Sooooo...not a goddamn thing lol.

"Doing" what, and what kind of deals, and for who? I can't tell that your answer has anything to do with the question.

Ah. Astute thinking. So you can avoid the emoluments clause if the Prince sends the money through a strawman. Nothing like vindicating original intent. Also, nothing like trying to justify transparent corruption.

It's not an infraction at all if Trump personally didn't know it was happening and it's purpose.

If a lobbyist group working for the Saudis started using Trump Intl (even while Obama was still in office) it's an issue if if Trump planned quid-pro-quo. If Trump had no idea it was happening, yeah, nothing to see here.

You guys thought it wasn't a big deal the other day when foreign election contributions were returned. The profits from this scenario have been divested here as well. Maybe you guys should be more consistent.

It's not an infraction at all if Trump personally didn't know it was happening and it's purpose.

If a lobbyist group working for the Saudis started using Trump Intl (even while Obama was still in office) it's an issue if if Trump planned quid-pro-quo. If Trump had no idea it was happening, yeah, nothing to see here.

You guys thought it wasn't a big deal the other day when foreign election contributions were returned. The profits from this scenario have been divested here as well. Maybe you guys should be more consistent.

What do you honestly think are the chances he didn’t know lol...holy shit you can’t be this fvcking dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT