ADVERTISEMENT

Elon says he wants Trump to let him eliminate 'around 80%' of the federal government

80 %,?

Thats too low and the Post Office is an actual constitutional entity.

If it isn't part of an enumerated power it needs to go back to the states or just be eliminated altogether. That sh*tcans 99% of the administrative state.
This part of the "shit can" theory will never happen. Don't forget the minorities and the gays. Kumula wants yer vote.

80 %,?

Thats too low and the Post Office is an actual constitutional entity.

If it isn't part of an enumerated power it needs to go back to the states or just be eliminated altogether. That sh*tcans 99% of the administrative state.
I recent purchased a new roll of stamps and was shocked at the cost. The last roll of stamps I bought was $50 a couple of years ago, the new roll cost $73. SMFH
I still remember the first stamp I bought with my own money in 1968 for a letter I wrote to my grandmother for a first grade project, it was 6 cents.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I recent purchased a new roll of stamps and was shocked at the cost. The last roll of stamps I bought was $50 a couple of years ago, the new roll cost $73. SMFH
I still remember the first stamp I bought with my own money in 1968 for a letter I wrote to my grandmother for a first grade project, it was 6 cents.
You little whippersnapper! I remember when they were 3 cents, and a gallon of gas was 14 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: skylinepoke
Back in the early 70's I collected glass bottles for a nickel a pop. My dad called me an "entrepreneur". "Entrepreneur" these days is p-diddy and jayzee. I tell ya we're ****ed!
Two kids in my grade would buy a pack of Hubba Bubba gum for a quarter, then resell to us for a dime a piece, doubling their money. They set up shop in the back of the school bus and had pocketed an extra quarter or two by the time we got to school.

They were entrepreneurs. But eventually some Karen parent found out their kid became a victim of capitalism and tattled on them and they had to stop.

Two kids in my grade would buy a pack of Hubba Bubba gum for a quarter, then resell to us for a dime a piece, doubling their money. They set up shop in the back of the school bus and had pocketed an extra quarter or two by the time we got to school.

They were entrepreneurs. But eventually some Karen parent found out their kid became a victim of capitalism and tattled on them and they had to stop.
The birth of the "view". 🤣

I do find it peculiar that the man who earned many of his billions by consorting with government agencies, receiving subsidies, getting tax breaks, securing sweetheart government contracts, etc. now wants to eliminate the agencies that helped him earn his wealth. But maybe the agencies he deals with are not part of the 80%.

I do find it peculiar that the man who earned many of his billions by consorting with government agencies, receiving subsidies, getting tax breaks, securing sweetheart government contracts, etc. now wants to eliminate the agencies that helped him earn his wealth. But maybe the agencies he deals with are not part of the 80%.
Right? He has benefited from government subsidies and handouts more than maybe any person ever. He’s behind Trump because of crypto. Which Trump clearly has no understanding of, but has decided to go all in to get votes/money from people like Elon. It’s very simple, everything else from him is just for show.

That tells you everything you need to know about why the left hates Elon
I'm 100% behind eliminating 90% or the federal government and of the left over 10% at least 8% need to be moved out of DC. There is no reasons states can't take a greater roll in their resource management, education and enforcement of criminal laws.

I'm 100% behind eliminating 90% or the federal government and of the left over 10% at least 8% need to be moved out of DC. There is no reasons states can't take a greater roll in their resource management, education and enforcement of criminal laws.
👍

Yep. As I said before, I don't waste my time arguing points with people who have no idea what they are talking about. The fact that you think Elon gets a massive amount of government subsidies and that he loves Trump because of his crypto stance tells me our exchange has ended. Enjoy your day.

Subsidies, tax breaks, and government contracts don’t lead to more agencies.

Subsidies, tax breaks, and government contracts don’t lead to more agencies.
I disagree. I think government agencies exist so there will be subsidies, tax breaks and sweetheart government contracts. Where else will politicians and grifters con the people into giving away their money? I’m all for eliminating 80% of the government, if I had my way it would be 100%. I just find it amusing that Elon Musk of all people wants to lead the charge. I wish him well!

Yep. As I said before, I don't waste my time arguing points with people who have no idea what they are talking about. The fact that you think Elon gets a massive amount of government subsidies and that he loves Trump because of his crypto stance tells me our exchange has ended. Enjoy your day.
I thought you were already out?

I get what you are saying about Elon but there is no doubt he, unlike most others who consort with government agencies, has provided huge benefits for the country with just SpaceX.

I disagree. I think government agencies exist so there will be subsidies, tax breaks and sweetheart government contracts. Where else will politicians and grifters con the people into giving away their money? I’m all for eliminating 80% of the government, if I had my way it would be 100%. I just find it amusing that Elon Musk of all people wants to lead the charge. I wish him well!
I find it amusing that you make this argument while you drive on roads built by the government.

I find it amusing that you make this argument while you drive on roads built by the government.
Yeah, there probably wouldn't be any roads in 2024 if there was no government. You make an excellent point.

Yeah, there probably wouldn't be any roads in 2024 if there was no government. You make an excellent point.
Based on my expereince there is no doubt in my mind if it were not for government there wouldn't be many roads.
I bought a house at the auction a few years ago that was in a neighborhood with a private road. Road was in huge disrepair to the point there were huge potholes that forced people to drive in the yards of some of the homeowners. I called the county and asked what could be done. To make a long story short I was told if I were able to convince the homeowners to donate their ownership of just the property that made up the road the county would come in and replace the existing road with a brand new road that would be maintained by the county from then on. I took that information and started going door to door in the neighborhood. When I explained the situation to the home owners about 65% were very receptive, the others were to stupid and stubborn to listen. Ended up selling the property for a good profit and when I drive by today the road is in even worse shape than it was. Moral of the story, some people are stupid.

Based on my expereince there is no doubt in my mind if it were not for government there wouldn't be many roads.
I bought a house at the auction a few years ago that was in a neighborhood with a private road. Road was in huge disrepair to the point there were huge potholes that forced people to drive in the yards of some of the homeowners. I called the county and asked what could be done. To make a long story short I was told if I were able to convince the homeowners to donate their ownership of just the property that made up the road the county would come in and replace the existing road with a brand new road that would be maintained by the county from then on. I took that information and started going door to door in the neighborhood. When I explained the situation to the home owners about 65% were very receptive, the others were to stupid and stubborn to listen. Ended up selling the property for a good profit and when I drive by today the road is in even worse shape than it was. Moral of the story, some people are stupid.
Your experience proves it. There is no doubt about it. There wouldn't be any roads if government wasn't there to build them. People are so stupid they wouldn't be able to figure out how to have roads without the superhuman intellectual government agents. Government agents are the smart ones, everybody else would be helpless without them. It's a wonder we have clothes to wear!

Well… yes and no.

The issue is that government should be in the business of infrastructure, securing the borders, and then it gets really murky with ‘general welfare’.

Since human nature dictates that power begets power, too many people are burnt over government overreach once they start on infrastructure and will gladly sacrifice convenience over giving them an inch.

If those folks could confidently be given a guarantee that it stops at the infrastructure (like consistent examples that demonstrate it in action) then they might think differently.

Well… yes and no.

The issue is that government should be in the business of infrastructure, securing the borders, and then it gets really murky with ‘general welfare’.

Since human nature dictates that power begets power, too many people are burnt over government overreach once they start on infrastructure and will gladly sacrifice convenience over giving them an inch.

If those folks could confidently be given a guarantee that it stops at the infrastructure (like consistent examples that demonstrate it in action) then they might think differently.
It is scary this makes so much sense. The only obstacle is human nature is what it is, and power corrupts whoever has it and no matter how slight it may be. TSA agents in major airports are a perfect example, some of them are wannabe bullies. And never forget the wonderful ladies when you're getting a car tag. So who in their right mind would ever believe any government agent that tells them they're only there to help?

You think government is too big yet you are fine benefiting from it. No different than Elon.
Well, my relationship with our government is on a much smaller level than Elon. And I really don't have a choice in what "benefits" our government provides. But you already know that.

Your experience proves it. There is no doubt about it. There wouldn't be any roads if government wasn't there to build them. People are so stupid they wouldn't be able to figure out how to have roads without the superhuman intellectual government agents. Government agents are the smart ones, everybody else would be helpless without them. It's a wonder we have clothes to wear!
I would think Eisenhower's Federal Highway and Defense Act would have been enough to show you the benefits of government's involvement building and maintaining infrastructure but I guess not. Sadly with you what ever it is has to be perfect or 100% to earn your support. That is not only an impossible hurdle it's about as extremist as they come.

Sure there are roads that have been built by private individuals, groups of individuals, even both domestic and foreign corporations but that's a very small percentage of roads in this country. I gave an example of what I've personally experienced and we see numerous examples of private road construction and ownership all over the country in the form of toll roads. Toll roads are so great here in DFW, you can go about 15 miles during rush hour for $20 to $50 bucks depending on what they are charging at the time. What a great deal that is for the people.

I would think Eisenhower's Federal Highway and Defense Act would have been enough to show you the benefits of government's involvement i building and maintaining infrastructure but I guess not. Sadly with you what ever it is has to be perfect or 100% to earn your support. That is not only an impossible hurdle it's about as extremist as they come.

Sure their are roads that have been built by private individuals, groups of individuals, even both domestic and foreign corporations but that's a very small percentage of roads in this country. I gave an example of what I've personally experienced and we see numerous examples of private road construction and ownership all over the country in the form of toll roads. Toll roads are so great here in DFW, you can go about 15 miles during rush hour for $20 to $5o bucks depending on what they are charging at the time. What a great deal that is for the people.
You think that because that is all you've ever known, and that's what our government overseers have told us since birth: free people cannot be trusted to find solutions to things, they're not smart enough. But those same people become brilliant when they attach the moniker "government agent" to their name.

Oh, and by the way, I *am* an extremist in defense of individual liberty, and proudly so. Yes I am 100% in advocacy of that.

You think that because that is all you've ever known, and that's what our government overseers have told us since birth: free people cannot be trusted to find solutions to things, they're not smart enough. But those same people become brilliant when they attach the moniker "government agent" to their name.

Oh, and by the way, I *am* an extremist in defense of individual liberty, and proudly so. Yes I am 100% in advocacy of that.

What I know is based on fact and is irrefutable. Eisenhower's Federal Highway and Defense Act immensely benefitted this country and was instrumental in leading to prosperity never seen in history. One of the few things government has done that is both Constitutional and beneficial for all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT