ADVERTISEMENT

Eight AAs

Here was my prediction (in parenthesis), followed by actual result:

125: (Loses in the round before AA) - 4th place - Way off, and glad to be. Great job! Loses only to #1 seed Gilman in the whole tournament. Well above seed, and expectations. This is how you jump levels.

133: (5th) - Spot on

141: (1st) - Spot on

149: (4th) - DNP - Hated being wrong; well below seed (and expectations)

157: (7th) - 4th - Wrestled much better the last two weeks of the season

165: (Loses in round before AA) - 6th - Wrestled the tournament the way it should be wrestled. Hard, aggressive, never quit wrestling. Great job!

174: (7th) -Spot on

184: (5th) - 6th - Had him winning in this round, but still about where I thought he should be.

197: (7th) - 6th - Good tournament. He not only placed one spot higher than I predicted, that place is a whole round ahead of where I thought he'd place. Good tournament.

285: (5th) - See 149

All in all, how can you be upset with a National Champion and 8 All Americans? Most years, that gets you your 35th Team Title. This year, it's only good enough for third. Still, just a great performance by a group that's largely coming back. Hopefully they'll take note of what Penn State did this year and rise to the challenge.

When you step back this was a very good showing for us. Had Schafer and AC been healthy and placed to seed it still would not have been enough.

The future is bright it's just we have a monster in our way.

Osu2082, you commented about ' if AC was healthy'. I guess I missed it but didn't see anything about something being wrong although he sure didn't look like himself in the tournament. What was the problem?

Osu2082, you commented about ' if AC was healthy'. I guess I missed it but didn't see anything about something being wrong although he sure didn't look like himself in the tournament. What was the problem?
He suffered from "concussion syndrome symptoms" from being injured in the Big 12. No one is making any excuses for him from OSU but I have been told that he does not even remember the Big 12.

He suffered from "concussion syndrome symptoms" from being injured in the Big 12. No one is making any excuses for him from OSU but I have been told that he does not even remember the Big 12.

This. He was very limited leading up to the NC's and really struggled with the cut as well as a result. No excuses. I just hate it more for him as he had put together a GREAT year up until the injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT