ADVERTISEMENT

Donald trump shut the fuck up

He's got a butt hurt knee jerk response to criticism that screams "I have a little dick".

If you're going to defend those tweets you're the Trump supporter equivalent to pilt, says, etc.

He can do no wrong!!!

You want to paint yourself in this tight a corner?

It's not concretely black versus white.

You sound stuck in a romantic age where Presidents are "different." I used to be there. Now I'm inclined to weight that much less in the assessment of the position in preference of my desired outcomes in legislation passage, cabinet/court choices, and dealings with foreign leaders.

Pilt makes some good points when he checks the snark at the door.

You're right that some responses paint him in the "compensating for having a little dick" light.

He's got a butt hurt knee jerk response to criticism that screams "I have a little dick".

I agree in the sense that it's initial splash is usually a WTF moment that comes across exactly as you describe, but when looking back at the odds he overcame to win this election, it's foolish to completely dismiss these tweets as a weakness - what they've done is prevent the popular culture narrative from taking hold on a variety of subjects from pussy grabbing to the current and future assault on the electoral college system. This is where he's got a big advantage over politicians who behave like politicians. You make up some bullshit about him, it gets addressed. I would argue that while that's not always comfortable to read, it prevents these things from becoming defacto realities by going unchallenged.

It's been incredibly effective for him as a tool of overcoming talking points by changing the conversation. This is undeniable.

Now, the question becomes - that was great for overcoming insane odds to win the election, but how does it work now that you are in office? Will it continue to be effective?

I don't know. My guess is that the Twitter style will continue to evolve and adjust - which, honestly it did substantially after the GOP primaries and again after the GE. We will see.

If you're going to defend those tweets you're the Trump supporter equivalent to pilt, says, etc.

He can do no wrong!!!

I expect syskatine to lump me in as an equivalent Trump supporter because that is part of his personal limitation and un-nuanced world view. But I would hope you would know the difference between being a blind Trump supporter and recognizing there is a method to the madness - and a documented history of success to back it up.

The guy does not get a hall pass from me - but so far, so good. And the tweets don't get my panties in a wad - nor should they yours or Harry's. A wise man once said, don't rush the monkey.

Below is case-in-point about why Trump needs to stay on Twitter. (And not listen to @HighStickHarry)

A few days ago, Newt said Trump no longer wants to "drain the swamp."

Newt may have been referring to Trump no longer wanting to use the expression, or no longer planning to clean up DC. In any case, corporate media ran with Newt's story and it was pushed all across social media, and the story took a life of its own.

This single Tweet clears things up, goes around the media (directly to the American people), and instantly destroys 48 hours of media propaganda / social engineering.

This is exactly correct.

The fact that the tweets come across as a cranky narcissist "knee-jerkining" on Twitter in the middle of the night (and there's truth to that) doesn't take away from the fact that the guy is going around the mainstream media.... around the sycophants... around the analysts... around the pundits.... around the alternative media... around his staff and advisers (to some degree anyway - I think they know this is a fantastic tool for him to use) and delivering his message - odd though it may sometimes be - directly to the people.

@shortbus @HighStickHarry you are smart guys. Tell me you don't appreciate the value in this. You just don't like the way he does it because it's unseemly for the office. Again I say, so what? Who are you guys? Who am I? just guys on the internet talking about exactly what he wants us to talk about. Think about that.

Reactions: NZ Poke
He can tweet but imho it needs to be about things that should concern the presidency. It should be mature and serious. He represents all of us and there is no way anyone would ever refer to him as a class act. I want my president to have that distinction. It's been a huge gripe of mine with obama and bush. We are at WAR and have been for fifteen years. Our vets are on secret waiting lists. Our soldiers are eating sand dodging bullets. There are parts of this country and world that are suffering greatly and trump is watching Saturday night live. Make the country great again but raise it out of the middle school level.

"I'm a smart person" again and again. Stfu and prove it.

Reactions: MegaPoke
Where is this guy? He would make a GREAT president

Weird this was the 29 minute info Wars video of 80's trump talking about the country and now you can't watch it and I can't find it anywhere. Hmmmmm

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT