ADVERTISEMENT

Dodge city

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
Figured I would start this after the heads up in the WTT thread.

Andrew nieman won by TF
Dalton Duffield won by TF
Boo Lewallen won by TF
scout Skidgel won by TF
Keegan Moore won by TF
Brik Flippo won by pin
Wyatt sheets, jonce blaylock, Tristan Moran and pierce Gunnar's all won by TF.

Hayden Hanson, jacobe smith and zack Walton all won by TF.
Lance Dixon won by TF.
The other dixons and Jordan dierenger had byes as did joe smith.

I didn't notice chandler Rogers, but it was a quick scan of the brackets and I posted the names that jumped out. I am sure I missed some oklahoma kids. Also did see the other Moore twin, I hope he is still not out due to injury. I will try to put together a better update later. I am excited to see if smith and stoker wrestle. That a big jump for stoker.

This post was edited on 6/1 11:41 AM by april racer

Stoker did lose4-4 and then injury in consolations.

Also surprisingly Andrew Dixon lost 10-0. Joel Dixon won by first period pin. As did joe smith. Both lance Dixon and Jordan dierenger won by TF and they face each other in semis.

Both fix and Gfeller won by TF in cadets, Tyler dierenger won by fall and then lost by fall.

There are too many to track all of the oklahoma kids, but below are the ones who are doing well or ones that I recognize.

Juniors:
Mason Naifeh 106 won 19-8 there are 3 at his weight.
Andrew Nieman 113 1-0 10-0 TF in semis
Dalton Duffield 120 2-0 2 TFs in semis
Garrett Rowe 120 1-0 11-0 TF in semis
132:
FLippo in semis with 2 wins vs Keegan Moore with 2 wins.
Lewallen in semis with 2 wins, last win was a fall over Scout Skidgel who is 1-1
138:
Tristan Moran in semis with 2 TFs
Wyatt sheets in the other semi with 2 TFs
145:
Jonce Blaylock in qtrs with 2 TFs against Xavier Martinez who's had a bye and win by injury.

Cadets:
120:
Fix in semis with 2 TFs and a pin
126:
Tyler Dierenger with a pin, then lost by pin and then win by pin in consolations
145:
Jaryn Curry in semis with bye and TF
(Flo has him ranked as the number 10 JR high wrestler in the country)

While I was going through the results a couple names stuck out to me. There is a Drake Barbee from stillwell at 190. Anyone know if he is kin to Chuck barbee?
Also I noticed a Colton Storley from Minnesota, I believe Logan Storley was from SD, but maybe his family moved closer to Logan.
Both also might be coincidences.

Andrew nieman into finals with 10-0 TF.
Blaylock with 21-1 TF into semis.
Joe Smith 14-3 TF into semis
Hayden Hanson with 2 TFs into semis at 160.
Jacobe Smith and Zack Walton both with two TFs into opposite semis at 170.

Gfeller with a TF into finals.

Joe Smith into finals by injury.
Hansen in to finals with TF

jaryn Curry into finals with TF

132 semis Brik Fililppo vs. Keegan Moore and Moore wins by tf 11-1 and Boo Lewallen on the other side of the bracket has a 10-0 tf in 1:17 so they are in the 132 finals against each other.

120 semis Duffield with TF will face Rowe in the finals who advanced with the fall.

Jacobe Smith advance to finals with a TF where he will face Zack Walton who won 6-3.
This post was edited on 6/1 5:36 PM by april racer

Tristan Moran had either a tf or fall against Beau Guffey. He was leading 8-0 when it went off the board so Moran is in the finals. Wyatt Sheets on deck to wrestle in the other side of the 138 semis against W. Roark.

joel Dixon to finals with TF and one of the finalist at 220 is Bryson Mcgowan who wrestles with team NEO.

Wyatt Sheets loses to Will Roark 8-16 in the 138 semis and Jonce Blaylock wins his semi match against Ben Brancale lading 6-2 when it went off the board.

106 Mason Naifeh Fall over Jet Tyron for 1st
113 Andrew Neiman 10-0 tf for 1st
120Dalton Duffield 11-9 over Garrett Rowe for 1st
132 Keegan Moore 11-9 over Boo Lewallen for 1st
138 Tristan Moran loses 6-8 to Roark for 2nd
145 Jonce Blaylock 8-7 over Thomsen for 1st
152 Joe Smith 11-0 tf over C. Flynn for 1st
160Tyler Mann Ark. fall in finals (protege of Pat Smith)
170 Jacobe Smith 10-0 tech fall over Zack Walton for 1st
182 Lance Dixon 10-0 tf for 1st
195 Joel Dixon fall for 1st
220 Andrew Dixon fall for 3rd

Recent releases from OSU mention Marsteller, Rogers, Blees, Harding, Megaldo, Hone, Weigel, Tanner Allen, and Hastin Lamens being this class. There has been talk on Arkansas sites and twitter from Arkansas that Mann was OSU bound. But no mention of him or Jacobe Smith by OSU.

I do not know the answer to that April but like proud have heard the rumors. I hope both he and Jacobe enroll this fall or summer.

Thanks meluvwrestling but that is not the same as official announcement from OSU. We all believe both will attend but it is not a done deal until they enroll.

Originally posted by proud2bpokes:
Recent releases from OSU mention Marsteller, Rogers, Blees, Harding, Megaldo, Hone, Weigel, Tanner Allen, and Hastin Lamens being this class. There has been talk on Arkansas sites and twitter from Arkansas that Mann was OSU bound. But no mention of him or Jacobe Smith by OSU.
proud2bpokes, who is "hastin Lamens"?

He was 152 lb state champ from tahlequah. Placed 2,3,3 and 1 in his 4 years. It is hestin Lamons.

He was 35-1 as a senior at Tahlequah and won his finals match 7-2 over Wyatt Jordan of Collinsville. He also beat my home town wrestler Matt Daniels 6-0. Matt was a solid wrestler but not great and it did not appear that bracket was very tough. Nevertheless, welcome to Cowboy wrestling and he may get much better with practice and experience.He got some coaching along the way by Shane Roller who was a fairly good 157 pounder for the Cowboys.
This post was edited on 6/2 9:43 PM by oberebo

I am burning it in my brain now. He had friends/family sitting behind us at state and it sounded like he was a good kid. I hope he would except my welcoming him to the Cowboy family despite my butchering of his name.

This post was edited on 6/2 8:28 PM by proud2bpokes

Just to be clear, I had to ask my friend google about him. I though I recognized the last name, but that all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT