ADVERTISEMENT

Debt ceiling agreement in principle reached between Democrats, Republicans

I do not understand what you’re saying that there’s nothing to pay back. Why is there interest on the debt? Why does the government have to pay interest on something that doesn’t need to be paid back? China doesn’t need to be paid back? What do you mean by the “non-US government sector balance?” And how did the $32 trillion get there? If $32 trillion is no problem why not just run it up to $100 trillion? A quadrillion? Why is it called a debt if it doesn’t need to be paid back?
I've asked you before and never get an answer...

What do you think it would look like if the US government taxed us to "repay" $15 trillion of that outstanding "debt" over any period of time?

Reactions: iasooner2000

What do you think it would look like if the US government taxed us to "repay" $15 trillion of that outstanding "debt" over any period of time?
Really don’t have to tax us all that much, just reduce the ridiculous spending and pay it down over time. At this point I would settle for just not adding anymore to the debt.

I don't know what it would look like. By the way I looked at my reply above and realized it probably came off as combatitive. That was not my intention. Those were sincere questions.

I'm just looking at the overall calendar. Things gonna get screwy in GOP land until the first couple of primaries show a clear leader.

I think it depends on what additional hot-button items get lots of eyeballs this summer.

One more high profile wet fart and he’s done in a matter of days.

I haven’t looked to see what major tests he’ll face in the House the next 45-90 days. I’m just playing odds that he’ll fail again spectacularly sometime in that window. If something big comes up in less than 45 days, that’s probably going to be a wrap.

I think it depends on what additional hot-button items get lots of eyeballs this summer.

One more high profile wet fart and he’s done in a matter of days.

I haven’t looked to see what major tests he’ll face in the House the next 45-90 days. I’m just playing odds that he’ll fail again spectacularly sometime in that window. If something big comes up in less than 45 days, that’s probably going to be a wrap.
I'm thinking of Iowa - IMO if Kev becomes a talking point in Iowa he is toast.

@Ponca Dan . . .

How important is your right-wing economic commitments? Where do they rank in comparison to other political issues?

Also, do you actively oppose everyone who advocates for economic government interference?

@davidallen . . .

What did you think of the President's Oval Office speech tonight?

I must admit I was very conflicted. Part of me was in full agreement with everything the President was saying and once again, willing to give him credit for a big win. I mean let's be honest, the guy keeps winning.

However, another part of me was hoping he was going to give us that LBJ moment and announce he had decided not to seek re-election after all and focus on finishing out his term in a strong fashion. Yeah, I know, not realistic. But the thought was definitely there.

Reactions: davidallen
@davidallen . . .

I must admit I was very conflicted. Part of me was in full agreement with everything the President was saying and once again, willing to give him credit for a big win. I mean let's be honest, the guy keeps winning.

However, another part of me was hoping he was going to give us that LBJ moment and announce he had decided not to seek re-election after all and focus on finishing out his term in a strong fashion. Yeah, I know, not realistic. But the thought was definitely there.
You know they sell "no drip" panties now.

@davidallen . . .

He deserves the victory lap for sure. He played the GOP for suckers in this one.

I hold out some hope, but time is short, for him to open the race up to the field.

Reactions: my_2cents
@davidallen . . .

Fxqx-XqWYAA5c6C

Reactions: iasooner2000
Dang @Ponca Dan, you sure are struggling with answering simple questions lately. What is that you say about posters who refuse to answer questions and play the dodge game lol?

Once again . . .

How important is your right-wing economic commitments? Where do they rank in comparison to other political issues?

Also, do you actively oppose everyone who advocates for economic government interference?

Dang @Ponca Dan, you sure are struggling with answering simple questions lately. What is that you say about posters who refuse to answer questions and play the dodge game lol?

Once again . . .

You think too highly of yourself. Unlike you I know who I am and what I believe and why I believe it. That I don’t bother playing your game is not indicative of a struggle. It is usually pointless to play games with someone like you whose “principles” float in the wind and always settle on what is the party establishment spin of the day. Everyone on this board wonders if the day will come when you actually split with the party talking point on a subject. I don’t know how long you’ve participated on this board, but your batting average in repeating the party mantra sits at 100%. So I would put the over/under at “never.” That’s impressive! It’s almost as if you’re a robot not a human.

You think too highly of yourself. Unlike you I know who I am and what I believe and why I believe it. That I don’t bother playing your game is not indicative of a struggle. It is usually pointless to play games with someone like you whose “principles” float in the wind and always settle on what is the party establishment spin of the day. Everyone on this board wonders if the day will come when you actually split with the party talking point on a subject. I don’t know how long you’ve participated on this board, but your batting average in repeating the party mantra sits at 100%. So I would put the over/under at “never.” That’s impressive! It’s almost as if you’re a robot not a human.
More dodging.

These are simple questions Dan. Your refusal to answer them says a lot about your unwillingness to just be honest with yourself and others.

Once again . . .

More dodging.

These are simple questions Dan. Your refusal to answer them says a lot about your unwillingness to just be honest with yourself and others.

Once again . . .

How important is a real peace candidate to a real progressive? Would a real progressive support an establishment war monger over a true progressive peace candidate? Or would he be a lying snake that pretends he’s a progressive so he can act like he’s a rebel in a red state like Florida?

How important is a real peace candidate to a real progressive? Would a real progressive support an establishment war monger over a true progressive peace candidate? Or would he be a lying snake that pretends he’s a progressive so he can act like he’s a rebel in a red state like Florida?
lol more dodging and deflection. I've definitely hit a nerve. Your dodging and deflection sure says a lot.

They are such simple questions Dan. Why the struggle?

Once again . . .

Seriously man, I've never seen you dodge answering simple questions like this before. I've definitely hit a nerve. Your dodging and deflection sure says a lot.

Once again . . .

Seriously, could a real progressive ever support an establishment war monger over a peace loving true progressive? Could he actually lay claim to being a progressive if he did? Or would the truth be that he’s not a progressive at all, just another covert establishment interloper?

Seriously, could a real progressive ever support an establishment war monger over a peace loving true progressive? Could he actually lay claim to being a progressive if he did? Or would the truth be that he’s not a progressive at all, just another covert establishment interloper?
Hey, keep playing your childish games all you want if that is what you must do. And I will continue to ask this question and the question about Robert Jr. on every thread you start from now on.

Once again . . .

Hey, keep playing your childish games all you want if that is what you must do. And I will continue to ask this question and the question about Robert Jr. on every thread you start from now on.

Once again . . .

How do you have the balls to call yourself a progressive when you stab progressivism in the back and support the establishment war monger over the progressive peace candidate?

How do you have the balls to call yourself a progressive when you stab progressivism in the back and support the establishment war monger over the progressive peace candidate?
lol

You just can't give a straight simple answer, can you?

Once again . . .

lol

You just can't give a straight simple answer, can you?

Once again . . .

How does a person claiming to be a progressive turn his back on an authentic progressive that advocates for peace in favor of an establishment war monger?

How does a person claiming to be a progressive turn his back on an authentic progressive that advocates for peace in favor of an establishment war monger?
I've already answered this.

So, once again, . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT